• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What made you sad today..

Originally posted by ~Umar~ View Post
    First my white chocolate finger biscuit fell in the bin and now this:
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]85250[/ATTACH]

Everything's glued together. I cbb
    Bruh, did the hot weather make em stick togetha?

If i was you, i would just down it all in one mouthful like gangsta. Sometimes chocolate is too good to let it go to waste

Comment

Originally posted by Faith reloaded View Post
      Bruh, did the hot weather make em stick togetha?

If i was you, i would just down it all in one mouthful like gangsta. Sometimes chocolate is too good to let it go to waste
      I did down it all lol. It was nice :P

Oh and btw it's been raining all week here so nah lol

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9AV...ature=youtu.be

The things that depress are often so petty wallah
        [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][B][U][CENTER]Oh Allah, in your name, I die and live.[/CENTER][/U][/B][/FONT][/SIZE]
        [CENTER]:):lailah::lailah::lailah::lailah::)[/CENTER]

[B][CENTER]Ya Allah, Grant Me A Heart That Sees[/CENTER][/B]

Comment

ok so my mum has to have a test on her heart, doctor reckons if her arteries blocked they'll have to put a sten (not sure if im spelling it right) in. thing is a couple of years ago my uncle had a sten put in, few weeks later he was dead (he got a blood clot in the very sten that was meant to save his life). so this has been like a big reminder for mums morality so im worried

if my family was muslim maybe i could relax a little but there not. Mum is a christian who gets angry if i try talk to her about islam. no idea about the aakhirah just blindly believes what she was raised upon. if i try get technical she goes "i have a very simple faith jeremy" and refuses to talk further

i worry for her, if i could choose one person in the world to be guided i would choose her, when i was a teen i broke her heart. i was a drug addict and a criminal and treated her very badly. Alhamdulilah Allah guided me and ive been able to try make things right and look after her but i still feel a lot of guilt, (i feel guilty about a lot i did before islam actually but thats another story). If anything were to happen to her i couldnt even attend the funeral. mums friends took her to a gay bar for her 60th birthday (shes not gay btw) to have a lark and she had so much fun she wants to have her ashes taken there. see what i mean clueless about the aakhirah and her creator
          no way am i going to a gay bar not even for a funeral.

so basically i ask for you to make dua, yes for mum to be ok with whatever test she has but more importantly that Allah somehow someway opens her heart to guidance
          i feel if she were to come to islam i finally would have made up for the stuff i pulled as a teen

may Allah bless you for reading
          The sunnah is like the ark of Noah, whoever embarks upon it reaches salvation and whoever refuses is drowned.
          ~ Imam Malik (may Allah have mercy on him)

Comment

Dysfunctional family who cant admit the fact that there is an abusive brother with temper problems in the house. I've been at the receiving end of such abuse. But no one seems to bat an eyelid over this. The men in my family are not 'men' in my eyes anymore, for not knowing how to protect the weak. Instead, they are what you call the 'silent spectators'.

I am disappointed in the men in my family. I really am. You think having older brothers may mean they are out there to 'protect' the little sis. But reality is, they may be the complete opposite. Whenever I tell people about how I'm youngest and have a lot of older brothers, they do the usual "aww you must be the pampered one" as expected. I just look at them in the eye and die a little inside.

Now I'm just left to fend for my own scars and deal with all the leftover anxiety + trauma that's overcoming me.

A prayer from you to get some sort of justice against such oppressors would be nice. I am too gentle to take action against such 'family' even if I'm filled with so much rage inside.
            Last edited by nudgetheputri; 14-08-16, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Damn I've gone astray.
              They say good things come to those who wait, so imma be at least an hour late

Comment

Originally posted by Deeni Akh View Post
                [MENTION=123043]Grandad[/MENTION] you're awesome. (tabarakAllah)
                [MENTION=130748]Deeni Akh[/MENTION]

That’s very kind of you. Be advised, though, that you are seeing me at my very best behaviour. If ever you saw - and heard - me grumpy you might very well change your mind!

Have a great week, in šāʾ Allāh.
                'Sometimes, silence is the best answer for a fool.' (Alī ibn Abī Tālib‎)

Comment

Originally posted by snow_flakes View Post
                  Amin same to you...There are many funny moments where i laughed at the innocence of my father in law..Once while i was cleaning his bed..i found an old gun..I checked it..was in good shape...I asked him what he gonna do with it at this old age...He said that its for safety against robbers etc.I laughed out loud cz he cant walk much (legs problem)...I told him that the moment he gonna pick the gun and fire robbers wd be gone with the wind...lol...He too laughed..The gun was an old model.He said that it still worked.I told him dont worry nothing ll happen iA.The house was big and it was difficult for me to take care of it alone besides job opportunities else where so we then left.He also has a pic of his wife under his pillow..Rarely these days men stick around the pics of their dead wives that long...
                  You seem to have a big family ...like never been alone.
                  [MENTION=90993]snow_flakes[/MENTION]

In South Wales your dad would be known as a ‘Boy and a Half’; this is an affectionate title given to someone with ‘character’; someone very likeable, but a wee bit eccentric. Anyone who keeps an old gun in his bed qualifies for that title, and no mistake!

Having a pic of his wife under his pillow shows that he loved her very much.

I have a large family, but they are scattered. I am often alone, especially weekdays. My wife is away working at least two or three nights a week (sometimes all week). I have no trouble being alone.

The Jesuit Gerard Manley Hopkins wrote:

‘Elected Silence, sing to me
                  And beat upon my whorlčd ear,
                  Pipe me to pastures still and be
                  The music that I care to hear.’

The words ‘Elected Silence’ were taken by the American Trappist (Cistercian) Thomas Merton as the title of one of his books. It tells of his journey from Catholic layman to Trappist monk. It was this book that turned me towards the Cistercians.

Trappists place great emphasis on silence and inner solitude: ‘Be still, and know that I am God.’ (Psalm 46). The monks at Mount Saint Bernard - in Leicester - thought Merton more than little odd. After he became a monk he galavanted all over the place; whereas Trappists (who take a vow of ‘Stability’) tend to stay in just one Abbey all their lives; and will move to another place only when sent by the Order. Merton wrote good stuff, though. He was electrocuted by a faulty fan while stepping out of a bath in Bangkok. He was fifty-three.

Anyway, solitude and silence are fine by me. My wife, on the other hand, needs background noise all the time. Being a thoughtful husband I supply that at night….I tend to snore, a wee bit. Funny enough, this doesn’t seem to please her at all. What can I say?

Comment

Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
                    ok so my mum has to have a test on her heart, doctor reckons if her arteries blocked they'll have to put a sten (not sure if im spelling it right) in. thing is a couple of years ago my uncle had a sten put in, few weeks later he was dead (he got a blood clot in the very sten that was meant to save his life). so this has been like a big reminder for mums morality so im worried

if my family was muslim maybe i could relax a little but there not. Mum is a christian who gets angry if i try talk to her about islam. no idea about the aakhirah just blindly believes what she was raised upon. if i try get technical she goes "i have a very simple faith jeremy" and refuses to talk further

i worry for her, if i could choose one person in the world to be guided i would choose her, when i was a teen i broke her heart. i was a drug addict and a criminal and treated her very badly. Alhamdulilah Allah guided me and ive been able to try make things right and look after her but i still feel a lot of guilt, (i feel guilty about a lot i did before islam actually but thats another story). If anything were to happen to her i couldnt even attend the funeral. mums friends took her to a gay bar for her 60th birthday (shes not gay btw) to have a lark and she had so much fun she wants to have her ashes taken there. see what i mean clueless about the aakhirah and her creator

so basically i ask for you to make dua, yes for mum to be ok with whatever test she has but more importantly that Allah somehow someway opens her heart to guidance
                    i feel if she were to come to islam i finally would have made up for the stuff i pulled as a teen

Akhi :( Your mother will definitely be in my duas :insha:

May Allah SWT open her heart to Islam and may He SWT also protect her, Ameen.

Comment

Originally posted by RaNdOm View Post
                      :rotfl: so they know how to keep you in YOUR place loll no wonder u can take whatever I throw at you and divert it away with the best response like it doesn't matter to you at all. You've had to learn survival from the time you were young... If your memory still serves you well and you can remember that far back.

Lol but I have to say it's good that you know that you somehow managed to work out what the emoticons are. It does you a great deal of benefit in trying to keep up with younguns. Some of us might even think you're under 50 if we just glanced the post lolol but one thing I'll help you with. When you're 'mentioning' someone in a post, to give them an alert you press @ (which is the shift key and the one with the picture of an @ and ' at the same time - let me know if you still need help) like this [MENTION=123043]Grandad[/MENTION]

Seriously though, allahumma baarik at being able to keep your humour at your age. The Welsh don't seem sooooo bad now.

That is so cool, all the stuff about shouting through rolled up newspapers, I can't even imagine the world like that. It must have been so much fun. I thought life in the valleys has always been a bit behind time though everything probably was a bit late for you. The only place in Wales I've been to is Lake Vyrnwy. It was so pretty! And you can't even get phone reception in those areas! Does this mean you can speak Welsh though?

Lol photos are easyyyyy grandad - you know that icon with a picture frame with a tree inside - u might have to squint really hard to see this since I don't know how bad your eyesight is. But if you click that the it allows you to either upload a file from your computer or enter a link from another website.

Wow I can't believe your dad had to learn how to knit, people back then had a real sense of responsibility. I wish it was still like that.

That is amazing, that the Quran alone was enough to change his heart so much. Loool @ adding to your oppression. This is how you have survived. You must be made of real tough stuff. Do you ever miss drinking or eating pork or anything like that? Cos u did it for so long, it must feel like a crazy life change. How long did it take you to learn your prayer? And is there anything that you struggled to come round to when accepting Islam? It must be a lot easier for your son since he is surrounded by Muslims but a Welsh guy living in Morocco - that sounds so funny lol does he have ginger hair too? Welsh are meant to have ginger genes right lol

I know you said that your son never forced Islam on you but don't you ever feel some kind of pressure to show Islam to the rest of your family, especially your wife?

Loool so your memory is ok then? That's good, I guess you did remember to reply to my post. What kind of things were you put off by in the comparative religion section?

And don't worry I'll give you at least a week to come together with a response so don't stress yourself or rush or anything like that. I asked a lot of questions so I understand if it'll take you time lol :D
                      [MENTION=7414]RaNdOm[/MENTION]

I see you are one of these lasses who needs to know the ins and outs of a cat’s posterior (as the old colliers used to say of anyone who was insatiably curious. Of course, no self-respecting collier would use a posh word like ‘posterior’. No. They would choose a single syllable word made up of an R and an S, sandwiched between A and E). Don’t ask me (Pleeeeese don’t) where this expression came from, I really have no idea! Anyway, I’d better change the subject. My cat is watching me, and she seems a wee bit nervous.

Very glad to see that us Welsh don’t seem so bad now.

I’ve been to Lake Vyrnwy. My father took me there (just the once) so he could do a spot of fishing. Very beautiful setting. By the way my dad, who was a successful angler, once told me that he had never caught a fish in his life. All he did (he said) was bait the hook. The fish caught themselves by taking the bait. Lesson: Don’t be a fish. I, of course, am not a fish; and this is why I don’t rise to your ‘insults’.

Do I speak Welsh. It did in my schooldays (well enough to pass exams in any case). Lack of need has led to a withering on the vine. I retain the grammar and pronunciation, but the vocabulary is much reduced. In short: No!

Having squinted really hard – with the aid of a magnifying glass – I’ve managed to locate the ‘post-a-photo’ thingy; but all I get when I click it is a white bar, and the letters URL (that stands for ‘Uniform Resource Locator’……and yes…….before you say anything……I did have to look it up). This bar doesn’t allow me to do anything, except mutter ‘Grrrrrrr!’ and ‘Posterior!’

Never liked pork (too much fat) and drank very little; so not missing them. Took a while to learn the prayers.

My son does not have ginger hair. He is dark haired. I was also dark haired, but not any more. Coal turned to snow!

I feel no pressure to present Islam to members of my UK family; except when it is necessary to counter a nonsense comment of theirs (a very infrequent happening these days); or to answer a direct question. They are not open to Islam, that much is for certain. In šāʾ Allāh that situation might change; but this will not happen if I press them. That much is certain.

What put me off in the Comparative Religion section was the Islamophobic rubbish written by certain posters. It made me very grumpy.

Anyway, I have to go. Stuff to do.

Comment

Originally posted by ibzy View Post
                        Damn I've gone astray.
                        Welcome to the human race :D

Comment

Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post

:salams

will Defo make dua inshaAllah

a mothers love is so great that she has probably found a way to forgive you no matter what u put her through. That was ur past now anyway, don't make it ur present by holding onto it. If you had a son or a daughter that did the very same thing would u keep hatred in your heart or would you fully understand the journey. Sometimes people have to go through stuff to end up where they are. Your life was planned perfectly by Allah swt and even in those moments u were taking drugs or being a criminal, He knew all along that He was going to grant you guidance.

You should use it only to fuel your gratitude but no negative feelings of guilt. Even in terms of what you might have put your mum through, you've always shown that they are now at the forefront of your mind and one of the ways we can get an indication of our relationship with Allah swt is through our relationship with our parents and whether whatever pressures/difficulties they place he through if we are trying our utmost to be humble.

You just have to let the guilt go and forgive yourself because you are a completely different person now and probably wiser because of it.

I can't even imagine how it must feel, I just always think of the time that I saw a revert crying where he said he would cut off his arm just so that his mum would become Muslim that is a very hard test to go through but Allah swt knows your heart and placed you in a family where he knew u wold be able to handle all of this.

Have you ever listened to Abdur Raheem Greens story of his father coming to Islam, his father was very anti but I think he took the shahada on his deathbed. So don't give up hope because He can change hearts even at the very last moment... I mean look at [MENTION=123043]Grandad[/MENTION] lol joking. Sorry

But yeh Defo will make dua for ur mum inshaAllah
                          ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
                          "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
                          :love: [Al-Imran 3:159] :love:

Comment

Originally posted by nudgetheputri View Post
                            Dysfunctional family who cant admit the fact that there is an abusive brother with temper problems in the house. I've been at the receiving end of such abuse. But no one seems to bat an eyelid over this. The men in my family are not 'men' in my eyes anymore, for not knowing how to protect the weak. Instead, they are what you call the 'silent spectators'.

I am disappointed in the men in my family. I really am. You think having older brothers may mean they are out there to 'protect' the little sis. But reality is, they may be the complete opposite. Whenever I tell people about how I'm youngest and have a lot of older brothers, they do the usual "aww you must be the pampered one" as expected. I just look at them in the eye and die a little inside.

Now I'm just left to fend for my own scars and deal with all the leftover anxiety + trauma that's overcoming me.

A prayer from you to get some sort of justice against such oppressors would be nice. I am too gentle to take action against such 'family' even if I'm filled with so much rage inside.
                            Narrated Ibn ‘Abbas: The Prophet sent Mu’adh to Yemen and said, “Be afraid, from the curse of the oppressed as there is no screen between his invocation and Allah.” (Bukhari)
                            "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."

Comment

Originally posted by Grandad View Post
                              @RaNdOm

I see you are one of these lasses who needs to know the ins and outs of a cat’s posterior (as the old colliers used to say of anyone who was insatiably curious. Of course, no self-respecting collier would use a posh word like ‘posterior’. No. They would choose a single syllable word made up of an R and an S, sandwiched between A and E). Don’t ask me (Pleeeeese don’t) where this expression came from, I really have no idea! Anyway, I’d better change the subject. My cat is watching me, and she seems a wee bit nervous.

Very glad to see that us Welsh don’t seem so bad now.

I’ve been to Lake Vyrnwy. My father took me there (just the once) so he could do a spot of fishing. Very beautiful setting. By the way my dad, who was a successful angler, once told me that he had never caught a fish in his life. All he did (he said) was bait the hook. The fish caught themselves by taking the bait. Lesson: Don’t be a fish. I, of course, am not a fish; and this is why I don’t rise to your ‘insults’.

Do I speak Welsh. It did in my schooldays (well enough to pass exams in any case). Lack of need has led to a withering on the vine. I retain the grammar and pronunciation, but the vocabulary is much reduced. In short: No!

Having squinted really hard – with the aid of a magnifying glass – I’ve managed to locate the ‘post-a-photo’ thingy; but all I get when I click it is a white bar, and the letters URL (that stands for ‘Uniform Resource Locator’……and yes…….before you say anything……I did have to look it up). This bar doesn’t allow me to do anything, except mutter ‘Grrrrrrr!’ and ‘Posterior!’

Never liked pork (too much fat) and drank very little; so not missing them. Took a while to learn the prayers.

My son does not have ginger hair. He is dark haired. I was also dark haired, but not any more. Coal turned to snow!

I feel no pressure to present Islam to members of my UK family; except when it is necessary to counter a nonsense comment of theirs (a very infrequent happening these days); or to answer a direct question. They are not open to Islam, that much is for certain. In šāʾ Allāh that situation might change; but this will not happen if I press them. That much is certain.

What put me off in the Comparative Religion section was the Islamophobic rubbish written by certain posters. It made me very grumpy.

Anyway, I have to go. Stuff to do.

:rotfl: yeh I am... But u don't have to answer the questions if u don't want to, but that won't stop me asking them. I just find it really interesting. Although I don't think I would find a cars bum too interesting.
                              [MENTION=104157]zi-zizou[/MENTION] read the 3rd paragraph :up:

Lol allahumma baarik u don't rise to them. It's always the wise ones that don't. And now I actually feel kinda worried because it must mean you're better at reading people than I assumed of a Welshman. But inshaAllah I won't be a fish. So if you used to be a priest - did loads of people come and confess things to you or does that not happen?

Lolol even I don't know what url stands for but u just click some stuff until it all works. I'll include a screenshot of what it'll look like. But at the top there's two tabs, one says url and the other computer. You most likely need to click the one that says computer and choose the correct file and then once you have, click upload and it'll appear at the bottom once you press post - like my one below. I feel so proud to be able to teach you something lol.Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	175.8 KB
ID:	10763891

what was the day like when you took your shahada and did you feel any different? it's good if you tell us all these things because I will remember them inshaAllah and then one day I can tell the story to someone else that might be considering Islam. It already is a very inspiring story. :up:

Lol snow is good - The report narrated by at-Tirmidhi from Ka‘b ibn Murrah (may Allah be pleased with him) who said: I heard the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) say: “Whoever has one hair that turns grey in Islam, it will be light (noor) for him on the Day of Resurrection.”Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh at-Tirmidhi https://islamqa.info/en/171195

Hmm doesn't it make you feel worried - sorry about the text like this but it's messing up and looks like im being paid back for all the teasing I did But like you might find this an annoying question or not want to answer it or like have some type of wisdom I don't understand. But like how [MENTION=127092]eesa the kiwi[/MENTION] described his situation of being in a family who aren't Muslim and what he feels, I can understands that fully. But how do you have patience not to explode when you're desperate for your fam to become Muslim but they aren't.... Like I know other reverts who share a similar attitude to you but I just need help understanding it. I know sometimes the slow tortoise wins the race but I don't know. Or do you just have so much tawakkul that you know that guidance will come to those who it is meant for...
                              Oh ok... But it's interesting when they post rubbish especially if you're good at not being a fish!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RaNdOm View Post
                                :rotfl: yeh I am... But u don't have to answer the questions if u don't want to, but that won't stop me asking them. I just find it really interesting. Although I don't think I would find a cars bum too interesting.
                                [MENTION=104157]zi-zizou[/MENTION] read the 3rd paragraph :up:

Lol allahumma baarik u don't rise to them. It's always the wise ones that don't. And now I actually feel kinda worried because it must mean you're better at reading people than I assumed of a Welshman. But inshaAllah I won't be a fish. So if you used to be a priest - did loads of people come and confess things to you or does that not happen?

FONT][/COLOR]
                                Very briefly....lots of stuff to do. I was not a priest. I studied for the priesthood, but came to realise that my vocation lay in being a dad and grandad. In šāʾ Allāh I will reply to the rest of your post soon.

May Allāh (Subḥānahu ūta'āla) bless you, and keep you safe.

PS: When I press the PIC thingy I just get this: Add an Image from Url. Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif It's URL only, no reference to computer. Perhaps I don't yet have enough Rep stuff (or whatever) to get the option you speak of. No worries.
                                Last edited by Grandad; 14-08-16, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X