Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What made you sad today..

Originally posted by snow_flakes View Post
    You know i ve my father in law always busy in praying...wish he could crack some jokes like you ...He off and then recalls his good time with his wife (she is dead btw)...I hope yours is alive...
    So do I. Who else is going to make my supper tonight? I do like a woman who knows her place. :up: ***

As for you father-in-law....prayer is better than jokes by a country mile. Most of my family (by which I mean father, mother, aunts and so on) are dead. Of the ones I grew up with, only my sister, two uncles and an aunt are left (both my parent were one of seven kids!). I had a great time at Christmas, being the only grandchild.

It's great that your dad-in-law has happy memories; and I understand how he feels. It's great that he shares his memories with you. May Allāh (Subḥānahu ūta'āla) reward his prayers and give him peace. He sounds like a good man.

*** Take note, Random!
    'Sometimes, silence is the best answer for a fool.' (Alī ibn Abī Tālib‎)

Comment

Sometimes I can be bothered to do the dishes, and some times I can't.

Wish we had a dishwasher.

Comment

Originally posted by snow_flakes View Post
        Well these days i too feel same way...dont worry its life.Up and downs.We can try to amend mistakes...
        yeah life is like that . I feels like im a hypocrite. May Allah protect us from this. thank yyou i do feel better today though
        Narrated by Anas ibn Malik RA: Allah's Messenger :saw: said. "When a woman observes the five times of prayer, fasts during Ramadan, preserves her chastity and obeys her husband, she may enter by any of the gates of Paradise she wishes."

Comment

Im almost 21 years old.... :/

Dayuuum, that sounds soo old

Comment

Originally posted by Faith reloaded View Post

Expect to get a bad back soon due to old age.

:p

Comment

[MENTION=123043]Grandad[/MENTION] you're awesome. (tabarakAllah)

Comment

Originally posted by Abdalla94' View Post
                Expect to get a bad back soon due to old age.

:p
                Nah, but it's actually hitting me that im no longer a kid anymore

The 20s are the beginning of the end

Just gotta look forward to working my life away and loads of responsibilities now... Is that all life is :/

Comment

Just gotta look forward to working my life away and loads of responsibilities now... Is that all life is :/

Such is life bro.

Enjoy it for now on a day by day basis as the responsibility is only going to increase.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandad View Post
                    Right young lady, let’s get one thing straight before we go any further: I have a wife; three daughters (my daughter-in law is one of these three. I class as a true daughter); a sister; a granddaughter; two sisters-in-law; three nieces; two grand-nieces; and a female cat. I know my place. Insults from the female of the species are water off a duck’s back, little chuck…..….water off a duck’s back.

One advantage of being old is that I can remember when computers, smart-phones, tablets and such stuff were undreamt of. Hi-tech multi-media communication for us valley boys was achieved by shouting through a rolled-up newspaper, or by the use of two empty tin cans tied together with a taut string. I was almost seventeen before we had a telephone at home!

I’m pretty good at this modern stuff; even though I still haven’t figured out how to download a photo into any one of my posts! By the way, I no longer live in the Rhondda (although I still regard it as my home). No more sheep skinning for me. Never did learn how to knit (my father could, and very well too. He was the eldest of seven, and had to earn his keep before leaving school for the colliery).

How did I react to my son becoming a Muslim? When I gave him the Qur’an to read it was just another book. Although never a wild lad he was beginning to get a wee bit unruly. He had a fondness for beer, and sometimes took more than he could handle. About six to eight weeks after giving him the Qur’an I noticed that the beer was no longer being drunk; and certain favourite foods of his were no longer being eaten. This was enough to tell me that something was happening in his heart. He was a bit sheepish when I raised the subject (perhaps he expected to be skinned!); but saw no need to hide his feelings. I reacted by buying him an Arabic language teaching programme. The rest, as they say, is history. Without doubt, becoming a Muslim was the best thing that ever happened to him. Changed his life. The only downside………….wait for it………….was that it brought (eventually) two more females into my poor life, to add to my oppression. (I jest, of course).

My UK family know I’m a Muslim (they could see it coming). Some (on my wife’s side) were hostile – not against me, but against Islam in general. This was down to ignorance. They used to receive – and pass on – anti-Islam stuff via Facebook friends and such. I made my views very clear (and lost them a few ‘friends’ in the process) and this nonsense no longer happens. They probably think I’m a wee bit crackers, but there you go.

Yes, I joined the Forum around two years ago. I lurked around for a while (struggling with the hi-tech stuff, as you say). Can’t remember why I drifted off (and don’t you dare say anything about old-age memory loss). I think I was put off by some of the things I read, especially on the Comparative Religion site. Anyway, that’s history.

Have a great day, and very best regards.
                    :rotfl: so they know how to keep you in YOUR place loll no wonder u can take whatever I throw at you and divert it away with the best response like it doesn't matter to you at all. You've had to learn survival from the time you were young... If your memory still serves you well and you can remember that far back.

Lol but I have to say it's good that you know that you somehow managed to work out what the emoticons are. It does you a great deal of benefit in trying to keep up with younguns. Some of us might even think you're under 50 if we just glanced the post lolol but one thing I'll help you with. When you're 'mentioning' someone in a post, to give them an alert you press @ (which is the shift key and the one with the picture of an @ and ' at the same time - let me know if you still need help) like this [MENTION=123043]Grandad[/MENTION]

Seriously though, allahumma baarik at being able to keep your humour at your age. The Welsh don't seem sooooo bad now.

That is so cool, all the stuff about shouting through rolled up newspapers, I can't even imagine the world like that. It must have been so much fun. I thought life in the valleys has always been a bit behind time though everything probably was a bit late for you. The only place in Wales I've been to is Lake Vyrnwy. It was so pretty! And you can't even get phone reception in those areas! Does this mean you can speak Welsh though?

Lol photos are easyyyyy grandad - you know that icon with a picture frame with a tree inside - u might have to squint really hard to see this since I don't know how bad your eyesight is. But if you click that the it allows you to either upload a file from your computer or enter a link from another website.

Wow I can't believe your dad had to learn how to knit, people back then had a real sense of responsibility. I wish it was still like that.

That is amazing, that the Quran alone was enough to change his heart so much. Loool @ adding to your oppression. This is how you have survived. You must be made of real tough stuff. Do you ever miss drinking or eating pork or anything like that? Cos u did it for so long, it must feel like a crazy life change. How long did it take you to learn your prayer? And is there anything that you struggled to come round to when accepting Islam? It must be a lot easier for your son since he is surrounded by Muslims but a Welsh guy living in Morocco - that sounds so funny lol does he have ginger hair too? Welsh are meant to have ginger genes right lol

I know you said that your son never forced Islam on you but don't you ever feel some kind of pressure to show Islam to the rest of your family, especially your wife?

Loool so your memory is ok then? That's good, I guess you did remember to reply to my post. What kind of things were you put off by in the comparative religion section?

And don't worry I'll give you at least a week to come together with a response so don't stress yourself or rush or anything like that. I asked a lot of questions so I understand if it'll take you time lol :D
                    ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
                    "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
                    :love: [Al-Imran 3:159] :love:

Comment

yes :(

but just take a look at grandad - he proves u can still have a young heart no matter what age u reach so there IS a way to not let the world drown u in all its misery lol
                      ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
                      "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
                      :love: [Al-Imran 3:159] :love:

Comment

Eh?????
                        'Sometimes, silence is the best answer for a fool.' (Alī ibn Abī Tālib‎)

Comment

Originally posted by Grandad View Post
                          So do I. Who else is going to make my supper tonight? I do like a woman who knows her place. :up: ***

As for you father-in-law....prayer is better than jokes by a country mile. Most of my family (by which I mean father, mother, aunts and so on) are dead. Of the ones I grew up with, only my sister, two uncles and an aunt are left (both my parent were one of seven kids!). I had a great time at Christmas, being the only grandchild.

It's great that your dad-in-law has happy memories; and I understand how he feels. It's great that he shares his memories with you. May Allāh (Subḥānahu ūta'āla) reward his prayers and give him peace. He sounds like a good man.

*** Take note, Random!
                          Amin same to you...There are many funny moments where i laughed at the innocence of my father in law..Once while i was cleaning his bed..i found an old gun..I checked it..was in good shape...I asked him what he gonna do with it at this old age...He said that its for safety against robbers etc.I laughed out loud cz he cant walk much (legs problem)...I told him that the moment he gonna pick the gun and fire robbers wd be gone with the wind...lol...He too laughed..The gun was an old model.He said that it still worked.I told him dont worry nothing ll happen iA.The house was big and it was difficult for me to take care of it alone besides job opportunities else where so we then left.He also has a pic of his wife under his pillow..Rarely these days men stick around the pics of their dead wives that long...
                          You seem to have a big family ...like never been alone.
                          ".......He giveth and spendeth (of His bounty) as He pleaseth. But the revelation that cometh to thee from Allah increaseth in most of them (kuffar) their obstinate rebellion and blasphemy.Amongst them we have placed enmity and hatred till the Day of Judgment. Every time they kindle the fire of war, Allah doth extinguish it;but they (ever) strive to do mischief on earth. And Allah loveth not those who do mischief."(5:64)

Comment

:(

Comment

Originally posted by Umm Uthmaan View Post
                              :(

17-07

Comment

First my white chocolate finger biscuit fell in the bin and now this:
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	544.1 KB
ID:	10763871

Everything's glued together. I cbb
                                Last edited by ~Umar~; 12-08-16, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X