Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What made you sad today..

Fm!
    They say good things come to those who wait, so imma be at least an hour late

Comment

:(
      Narrated by Anas ibn Malik RA: Allah's Messenger :saw: said. "When a woman observes the five times of prayer, fasts during Ramadan, preserves her chastity and obeys her husband, she may enter by any of the gates of Paradise she wishes."

Comment

Originally posted by brightesthour View Post
        Originally posted by SpreadTheHaqq View Post
        :(
        Whats with you two sisz??
        ".......He giveth and spendeth (of His bounty) as He pleaseth. But the revelation that cometh to thee from Allah increaseth in most of them (kuffar) their obstinate rebellion and blasphemy.Amongst them we have placed enmity and hatred till the Day of Judgment. Every time they kindle the fire of war, Allah doth extinguish it;but they (ever) strive to do mischief on earth. And Allah loveth not those who do mischief."(5:64)

Comment

Originally posted by snow_flakes View Post
          Just one of those days

Comment

to be honest, many things are wrong with me. i am disappointed in myself
            Narrated by Anas ibn Malik RA: Allah's Messenger :saw: said. "When a woman observes the five times of prayer, fasts during Ramadan, preserves her chastity and obeys her husband, she may enter by any of the gates of Paradise she wishes."

Comment

[MENTION=96647]hasan2013[/MENTION] let me know those dua's please

Jazakhallah khair for the rep
              8 powerful habits to succeed

1. Wake up early!
              2. Do it as soon as possible, you could die tonight so make the best of today
              3. Remember your life is unique, don't compare yourself to others. Use that jealousy as an energy to make your life a success"
              4. Have healthy habits. Set a time each day to exercise. Try with the mindset you're only going to do some jumping jacks for 5 seconds and the next thing you know, you're doing a workout!
              5. Read, read, read. Ponder over the Qur'an, learn more. Put the idiot box (TV) away
              6. Take note. Desires make slaves out of kings and patience makes kings out of slaves.
              7. Results aren't just worldly. Results are also about perseverance, retaining dignity, being honest, being honourable, doing good unto others.
              8. Always encourage others especially our brothers and sisters, let them know making mistakes is okay, we all make mistakes, do not ever undermine them and make them feel incompetent. This is also true for the dunya, so what if they don't get the maths sum right the first time, that is what LEARNING is.

NEW UPDATE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJubtizAEfU

Watch this when you're distressed!

Comment

Originally posted by RaNdOm View Post
                :rotfl: :rotfl: loooool I have all the respect in the worlddddd allahumma baarik. You're at that age where the facade of the world fools you no longer but also at the age you would have overcome any bitterness u may have had towards it. Just how is that ur Welsh ...70+ and u know how to switch on the computer AND press reply with quote (too far? Tell me if I go too far lol)

lol but grandad ur jokes are pretty good for an old man. I used to work with a lady that had Irish roots. One day she told me her mother was Welsh and I laffed and told her I felt sorry for her. She got soooooooo offended but she had that u cheeky little so and so type smile on her face so we were all good.

:love: that story was amaaaaaze tho allahumma baarik :jkk: for sharing that and spending all that time writing out the post to me when u could have been knitting, or skinning the sheep or whatever else u do in the valleys. We have u as our Welsh revert, [MENTION=139917]SaraVR[/MENTION] as our new Irish revert - we need a Scottish one now. [MENTION=123813]~Umar~[/MENTION] get dawah-ing and then we will have the whole of Great Britain.

But subhanAllah that was so amazing that all that time u were fully into ur faith and never I guess would it have entered your mind to ever become Muslim. And your son was the key piece so [MENTION=139917]SaraVR[/MENTION] maybe u will be too.

How did u react initially to him becoming a Muslim?

You must have a sincere heart cos all the time your story shows that your fam mean a lot to you and rather than push the unknown and fear of the Unknown away, you embraced it and delved into find out more about it. Do the rest of your family in the uk know that you're Muslim? And if so, are they not as inquisitive as you?

Also you've been here 2 years but you've barely posted - I know it probs took time learning how to do that. But just ask me and I'll fill u in on who's ok on this forum and who u wanna watch out for.

Lol :D
                Right young lady, let’s get one thing straight before we go any further: I have a wife; three daughters (my daughter-in law is one of these three. I class as a true daughter); a sister; a granddaughter; two sisters-in-law; three nieces; two grand-nieces; and a female cat. I know my place. Insults from the female of the species are water off a duck’s back, little chuck…..….water off a duck’s back.

One advantage of being old is that I can remember when computers, smart-phones, tablets and such stuff were undreamt of. Hi-tech multi-media communication for us valley boys was achieved by shouting through a rolled-up newspaper, or by the use of two empty tin cans tied together with a taut string. I was almost seventeen before we had a telephone at home!

I’m pretty good at this modern stuff; even though I still haven’t figured out how to download a photo into any one of my posts! By the way, I no longer live in the Rhondda (although I still regard it as my home). No more sheep skinning for me. Never did learn how to knit (my father could, and very well too. He was the eldest of seven, and had to earn his keep before leaving school for the colliery).

How did I react to my son becoming a Muslim? When I gave him the Qur’an to read it was just another book. Although never a wild lad he was beginning to get a wee bit unruly. He had a fondness for beer, and sometimes took more than he could handle. About six to eight weeks after giving him the Qur’an I noticed that the beer was no longer being drunk; and certain favourite foods of his were no longer being eaten. This was enough to tell me that something was happening in his heart. He was a bit sheepish when I raised the subject (perhaps he expected to be skinned!); but saw no need to hide his feelings. I reacted by buying him an Arabic language teaching programme. The rest, as they say, is history. Without doubt, becoming a Muslim was the best thing that ever happened to him. Changed his life. The only downside………….wait for it………….was that it brought (eventually) two more females into my poor life, to add to my oppression. (I jest, of course).

My UK family know I’m a Muslim (they could see it coming). Some (on my wife’s side) were hostile – not against me, but against Islam in general. This was down to ignorance. They used to receive – and pass on – anti-Islam stuff via Facebook friends and such. I made my views very clear (and lost them a few ‘friends’ in the process) and this nonsense no longer happens. They probably think I’m a wee bit crackers, but there you go.

Yes, I joined the Forum around two years ago. I lurked around for a while (struggling with the hi-tech stuff, as you say). Can’t remember why I drifted off (and don’t you dare say anything about old-age memory loss). I think I was put off by some of the things I read, especially on the Comparative Religion site. Anyway, that’s history.

Have a great day, and very best regards.
                'Sometimes, silence is the best answer for a fool.' (Alī ibn Abī Tālib‎)

Comment

Originally posted by Grandad View Post
                  Right young lady, let’s get one thing straight before we go any further: I have a wife; three daughters (my daughter-in law is one of these three. I class as a true daughter); a sister; a granddaughter; two sisters-in-law; three nieces; two grand-nieces; and a female cat. I know my place. Insults from the female of the species are water off a duck’s back, little chuck…..….water off a duck’s back.

One advantage of being old is that I can remember when computers, smart-phones, tablets and such stuff were undreamt of. Hi-tech multi-media communication for us valley boys was achieved by shouting through a rolled-up newspaper, or by the use of two empty tin cans tied together with a taut string. I was almost seventeen before we had a telephone at home!

I’m pretty good at this modern stuff; even though I still haven’t figured out how to download a photo into any one of my posts! By the way, I no longer live in the Rhondda (although I still regard it as my home). No more sheep skinning for me. Never did learn how to knit (my father could, and very well too. He was the eldest of seven, and had to earn his keep before leaving school for the colliery).

How did I react to my son becoming a Muslim? When I gave him the Qur’an to read it was just another book. Although never a wild lad he was beginning to get a wee bit unruly. He had a fondness for beer, and sometimes took more than he could handle. About six to eight weeks after giving him the Qur’an I noticed that the beer was no longer being drunk; and certain favourite foods of his were no longer being eaten. This was enough to tell me that something was happening in his heart. He was a bit sheepish when I raised the subject (perhaps he expected to be skinned!); but saw no need to hide his feelings. I reacted by buying him an Arabic language teaching programme. The rest, as they say, is history. Without doubt, becoming a Muslim was the best thing that ever happened to him. Changed his life. The only downside………….wait for it………….was that it brought (eventually) two more females into my poor life, to add to my oppression. (I jest, of course).

My UK family know I’m a Muslim (they could see it coming). Some (on my wife’s side) were hostile – not against me, but against Islam in general. This was down to ignorance. They used to receive – and pass on – anti-Islam stuff via Facebook friends and such. I made my views very clear (and lost them a few ‘friends’ in the process) and this nonsense no longer happens. They probably think I’m a wee bit crackers, but there you go.

Yes, I joined the Forum around two years ago. I lurked around for a while (struggling with the hi-tech stuff, as you say). Can’t remember why I drifted off (and don’t you dare say anything about old-age memory loss). I think I was put off by some of the things I read, especially on the Comparative Religion site. Anyway, that’s history.

Have a great day, and very best regards.
                  Lol...:rotfl: addition of two females...Now you ve our sister random here.Yup comparative religion section was more active in past..
                  ".......He giveth and spendeth (of His bounty) as He pleaseth. But the revelation that cometh to thee from Allah increaseth in most of them (kuffar) their obstinate rebellion and blasphemy.Amongst them we have placed enmity and hatred till the Day of Judgment. Every time they kindle the fire of war, Allah doth extinguish it;but they (ever) strive to do mischief on earth. And Allah loveth not those who do mischief."(5:64)

Comment

Originally posted by SpreadTheHaqq View Post
                    to be honest, many things are wrong with me. i am disappointed in myself
                    Well these days i too feel same way...dont worry its life.Up and downs.We can try to amend mistakes...

Comment

Originally posted by brightesthour View Post
                      Just one of those days
                      Lol nice avatar...i ve my one pic taken somewhat similar to that cat in avatar...an old pic.It seems we are 3 when it comes to self disappointment...Self reflection s a good thing :/.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deeni Akh View Post
                        Originally posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
                        I remember you negged me once.
                        :there: if you want love just say so, no need to act all 'manly' and 'rough' when you're all soft goo inside :up:
                        Are you trying to be funny softy? I think it's working!
                        You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Lol...:rotfl: addition of two females...Now you ve our sister random here.Yup comparative religion section was more active in past..
                          And don't I know it!

(Only kidding, Random!).
                          'Sometimes, silence is the best answer for a fool.' (Alī ibn Abī Tālib‎)

Comment

Nvm! :)
                            Last edited by Lavender; 11-08-16, 09:49 AM.
                            "Let the days do as they please
                            And be optimistic when destiny decrees
                            Do not despair due to the events of the past
                            For the events of this world were not meant to last"

- Imam Shafi'i

Comment

Originally posted by Grandad View Post
                              And don't I know it!

(Only kidding, Random!).
                              You know i ve my father in law always busy in praying...wish he could crack some jokes like you ...He off and then recalls his good time with his wife (she is dead btw)...I hope yours is alive...

Comment

Put too much cereal in the bowl.

Comment

Working...
                                X