Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What made you sad today..

Originally posted by ibzy View Post
    I don't know who he is. He's a stranger that just eats and sleep and goes to uni. Never talks to anyone. We've grown apart and I can see that we'll go our seperate way in the future.
    You need to force him to play a real sport with you badminton or sthn for a couple hours. Ppl usually have guards and theyre not all great with a shield i.e they dont kno wen to open up and let ppl in etc, but if you get a kids blood pumping and make him have an enjoyable time he'll deffo open up

Trus me most people that age only get excited from a couple of things one of them being sport and competition and the other usually girls:inlove: lol
    [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][B][U][CENTER]Oh Allah, in your name, I die and live.[/CENTER][/U][/B][/FONT][/SIZE]
    [CENTER]:):lailah::lailah::lailah::lailah::)[/CENTER]

[B][CENTER]Ya Allah, Grant Me A Heart That Sees[/CENTER][/B]

Comment

Love these revert stories SubhanAllah. Allah SWT truly guides whom He wills! :inlove:

وَاللَّهُ يَدْعُو إِلَىٰ دَارِ السَّلَامِ وَيَهْدِي مَن يَشَاءُ إِلَىٰ صِرَاطٍ مُّسْتَقِيمٍ

"And Allah invites to the Home of Peace and guides whom He wills to a straight path"
      [Surah Yunus Verse 25]

[MENTION=123043]Grandad[/MENTION] May Allah SWT shower his blessings and mercy upon you and your family and may He SWT keep you on the straight path, Ameen.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandad View Post
        Ahhh, bless you. You have a way with words. You remind me of my youngest daughter; she too has no respect for her elders and betters! ;)

Valley folk – especially the ones who can remember life (and death) when the coal mines were active – have a dark sense of humour. They also have a sharp ear for natural silliness. For example, my mother was a district nurse. One day she came across a young lass whose father she had once treated. ‘Hello (so-and-so),’ said my mam. ‘How are you, and how’s your dad?’ ‘Oh, he’s dead, Mrs Lewis,’ said the girl. ‘He died the other day.’ ‘Oh dear,’ said my mam. ‘What did he die of, then?’ ‘Oh,’ said the girl. ‘it was nothing serious.’

I was raised as a Baptist. My paternal grandfather was an elder at one of the local Welsh Baptist chapels. He left school at the age of ten to work in the colliery. At that time there were Miners’ Institutes in most valley towns; these were centers of learning, with books of all kinds. My grandfather had a love of study, which he passed on to me.

I became a Catholic at the age of 15, and remained one for just over forty years. I was a professed member of the Carmelite Third Order for over fourteen years, and tested a vocation with the Carmelites at Hazlewood Castle in Yorkshire (this is now a hotel!), and later with the Cistercians at Mount Saint Bernard Abbey in Leicester. It took me a while to realise that my true vocation lay in becoming a dad, and grandad.

My son – who inherited his father’s love of books – became a Muslim about fifteen years ago. This was after reading a copy of the Qur’an that I gave him (just one of many books over the years – or so I thought). He won a place at Durham University (to read philosophy) and decided to trog around Jordan and Egypt on his gap year (just after reverting). He came back wanting to learn Arabic. He studied Classical Arabic at Leeds University (a centre of excellence in the UK for that particular subject); married a Moroccan lass; and moved there. I have three grandchildren there – including the only girl of my six grandkids in all. She is very protective of her status as sole granddaughter!

Having gained a Muslim family, I thought it best to learn as much as I could about Islam. I bought the books – or downloaded electronic versions – and got on with it. In the early days I would ask my son’s opinion on this or that scholar; or seek clarification or confirmation about various themes and notions. He never once tried to persuade me away from Christianity; or to make a Muslim of me. I guess he realised I would do that on my own….or else not at all! I am the only Muslim in my UK family. I joined Ummah.com almost two years ago in order to aid my learning.

Would I still be a Catholic today if my son had not become a Muslim? Very probably, if only because I would not have read the books I’ve read - or asked certain questions; or pondered over certain matters – had the status quo remained.

That’s it, really.

Have a great day......and have an eye out for those wrinkles

As for coping with old age. It was George Burns who said: 'Everything I could do at seventeen I can do at seventy.............Only goes to show what a wreck I was at seventeen!'
        :rotfl: :rotfl: loooool I have all the respect in the worlddddd allahumma baarik. You're at that age where the facade of the world fools you no longer but also at the age you would have overcome any bitterness u may have had towards it. Just how is that ur Welsh ...70+ and u know how to switch on the computer AND press reply with quote (too far? Tell me if I go too far lol)

lol but grandad ur jokes are pretty good for an old man. I used to work with a lady that had Irish roots. One day she told me her mother was Welsh and I laffed and told her I felt sorry for her. She got soooooooo offended but she had that u cheeky little so and so type smile on her face so we were all good.

:love: that story was amaaaaaze tho allahumma baarik :jkk: for sharing that and spending all that time writing out the post to me when u could have been knitting, or skinning the sheep or whatever else u do in the valleys. We have u as our Welsh revert, [MENTION=139917]SaraVR[/MENTION] as our new Irish revert - we need a Scottish one now. [MENTION=123813]~Umar~[/MENTION] get dawah-ing and then we will have the whole of Great Britain.

But subhanAllah that was so amazing that all that time u were fully into ur faith and never I guess would it have entered your mind to ever become Muslim. And your son was the key piece so [MENTION=139917]SaraVR[/MENTION] maybe u will be too.

How did u react initially to him becoming a Muslim?

You must have a sincere heart cos all the time your story shows that your fam mean a lot to you and rather than push the unknown and fear of the Unknown away, you embraced it and delved into find out more about it. Do the rest of your family in the uk know that you're Muslim? And if so, are they not as inquisitive as you?

Also you've been here 2 years but you've barely posted - I know it probs took time learning how to do that. But just ask me and I'll fill u in on who's ok on this forum and who u wanna watch out for.

Lol :D
        ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
        "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
        :love: [Al-Imran 3:159] :love:

Comment

How is it people manage to post here everyday?

Either they're living a really difficult life or they get sad at any and everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Abdalla94' View Post
            How is it people manage to post here everyday?

Either they're living a really difficult life or they get sad at any and everything.
            Empathy - one thing that'll help us get through life and all its ups and downs

and bruv u might not need to air ur sadnesses but when I get sad I need to :vomit: it all out and then I feel better

plus some of these people get free duas

Why u always pickin on me?
            "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."

Comment

Originally posted by RaNdOm View Post
              Empathy - one thing that'll help us get through life and all its ups and downs

and bruv u might not need to air ur sadnesses but when I get sad I need to :vomit: it all out and then I feel better

plus some of these people get free duas

Why u always pickin on me?

Empathy is good but how can someone feel empathetic when someone complains about insignificant things?

They may get free duas but the whole concept of patience is lost on them.

Why do you feel I always pick on you, or even that my post is about you? From what I've seen, most of your posts here are advising others.

Comment

didnt realise qari mahmood shahat came on a uk tour, really wanted to hear his beautiful recitation :(

Comment

I just came back from the shops.

Comment

Empathy is good but how can someone feel empathetic when someone complains about insignificant things?

They may get free duas but the whole concept of patience is lost on them.

Why do you feel I always pick on you, or even that my post is about you? From what I've seen, most of your posts here are advising others.
                    but if someone say grazed their knuckle and picked off the scab and maybe say felt the need to make a thread about it - to u it may be insignificant but to them maybe it held a lot greater meaning

the second point I do agree with tho cos I actually asked someone today if it meant that our tawakkul was not complete if we felt the need to air our sad thoughts about something rather than just complaining to Allah swt.

Lol last point - bruvvvv chillll I said that as a joke so u would bring up my non descriptive thread titles lol. Argh.

Comment

Originally posted by srahman33 View Post
                      I just came back from the shops.
                      lol this made u sad why

Comment

but if someone say grazed their knuckle and picked off the scab and maybe say felt the need to make a thread about it - to u it may be insignificant but to them maybe it held a lot greater meaning

the second point I do agree with tho cos I actually asked someone today if it meant that our tawakkul was not complete if we felt the need to air our sad thoughts about something rather than just complaining to Allah swt.

Lol last point - bruvvvv chillll I said that as a joke so u would bring up my non descriptive thread titles lol. Argh.

What greater meaning ?

Put it this way, if you hurt yourself yet stay patient and complain to Allah, it is far better than hurting yourself than sharing it to everyone else.

Lol smh, gauging how sensitive someone is online is difficult.

Comment

What greater meaning ?

Put it this way, if you hurt yourself yet stay patient and complain to Allah, it is far better than hurting yourself than sharing it to everyone else.

Lol smh, gauging how sensitive someone is online is difficult.
                          Well if greater meanings were shared so easily they would lose their greatness

Really. That is advanced level thinking.

yeh dw I am very sensi

Comment

Well if greater meanings were shared so easily they would lose their greatness

Really. That is advanced level thinking.

yeh dw I am very sensi

That's not true. It's greatness would stay the same as if it's great, sharing it would not decrease it's greatness as its greatness is not dependent on how often its shared.

Comment

That's not true. It's greatness would stay the same as if it's great, sharing it would not decrease it's greatness as its greatness is not dependent on how often its shared.
                              why is ur avatar just black?

Comment

why is ur avatar just black?
                                It's the black standard flag which the early Muslims had .

Comment

Working...
                                X