Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What made you sad today..

Originally posted by ibzy View Post
    I don't know who he is. He's a stranger that just eats and sleep and goes to uni. Never talks to anyone. We've grown apart and I can see that we'll go our seperate way in the future.
    He's obviously in the wrong when he's stressing your parents out like that, but don't let him get to you to the point where u wanna fight him. It will only stress your parents further if you two start arguing and fighting. Try to give him dawah and make dua..

Comment

I dno. I need to think.
      dont think it'll send u crazy

jus dua cos He is turner of the hearts
      ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
      "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
      :love: [Al-Imran 3:159] :love:

Comment

I don't know who he is. He's a stranger that just eats and sleep and goes to uni. Never talks to anyone. We've grown apart and I can see that we'll go our seperate way in the future.
        thats really sad

but maybe he feels like he can't talk to u about some stuff.... U have to make him feel OK to talk to u. My bro started becoming like this and I felt so worried but I put in extra effort to talk to him and make him happy and basically make it all about him and he softened towards me.

Do u really wanna have sibling relationship everyone lets themselves have nowadays where they drift apart and they don't mean anything to each other anymore.

And don't say it's not a decision cos it is.
        "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."

Comment

Originally posted by Grandad View Post
          Poor sis!!

Yup. 71 in November. Trust me, there are few things more boring than an old geezer talking about himself......especially a Welshman from the Valleys....we just don't know when to shut up. Here's a joke for you: What's the difference between a Valley man and his photograph?.......The photograph is fully developed.
          noooooo way allahumma baarik that's amazing - how long have u been a revert for and honest that would be the MOST interesting story and ESPECIALLY from a Welshman. :rotfl: I agree with the joke tho. The Welsh have always annoyed me. Mainly cos of their accent and BREXIT - what was that about. There must be fresher air in the highlands cos they were the only ones to vote right.

Please do ur story - I'm sure we'll learn loads

Comment

Really wheely nervous

Comment

Originally posted by ~Umar~ View Post
              Really wheely nervous
              Inshaa Allah you'll ace it.
              '' WE LIVE IN AN INTERESTING TIME, WHERE THE 'ILM (KNOWLEDGE) OF A PERSON IS JUDGED BY HOW FAMOUS THE PERSON IS.''

- IMAM ANWAR AL 'AWLAQI.

Comment

I thought someone thought i was a filthy and disgusting individual :/

Comment

Originally posted by Silent being View Post
                  Inshaa Allah you'll ace it.
                  Alhamdulillah it went really wheely well!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ~Umar~ View Post
                    Alhamdulillah it went really wheely well!!!!!!
                    Well done. Alhamdhulilah
                    '' WE LIVE IN AN INTERESTING TIME, WHERE THE 'ILM (KNOWLEDGE) OF A PERSON IS JUDGED BY HOW FAMOUS THE PERSON IS.''

- IMAM ANWAR AL 'AWLAQI.

Comment

Originally posted by RaNdOm View Post
                      noooooo way allahumma baarik that's amazing - how long have u been a revert for and honest that would be the MOST interesting story and ESPECIALLY from a Welshman. :rotfl: I agree with the joke tho. The Welsh have always annoyed me. Mainly cos of their accent and BREXIT - what was that about. There must be fresher air in the highlands cos they were the only ones to vote right.

Please do ur story - I'm sure we'll learn loads
                      I'm sulking now. So sorry to be sooooo annoying! :hidban:. Became a Muslim in April last year.

Dai and Ianto were walking down the street when they came across a cake shop. There was a large chocolate cake in the window. 'Quick!' said Dai. 'Go buy that cake, and we can have half each.' 'Don't be stupid, mun' said Ianto. 'With a cake as big as that we can have more than half each.'
                      'Sometimes, silence is the best answer for a fool.' (Alī ibn Abī Tālib‎)

Comment

Originally posted by Grandad View Post
                        I'm sulking now. So sorry to be sooooo annoying! :hidban:. Became a Muslim in April last year.

Dai and Ianto were walking down the street when they came across a cake shop. There was a large chocolate cake in the window. 'Quick!' said Dai. 'Go buy that cake, and we can have half each.' 'Don't be stupid, mun' said Ianto. 'With a cake as big as that we can have more than half each.'
                        lol it's ok being a Welshman u were annoying before u started sulking

how did u become Muslim and how come u joined Ummah.com?

looool they were Welsh right -_-

Comment

Also [MENTION=123043]Grandad[/MENTION] how did u cope with getting older

i'm gonna turn like really old in a few days and I keep looking at my hands like is this what an old persons hands look like or my face like is this what an old persons face looks like

it's good u still have a sense of humour at 70+ because I've noticed those are the people that bring happiness to themselves and those around them and just imagine being so young and so consumed by life that when u reach 70+ u can't make jokes about welsh people being annoying ....well that's not really a joke but u know what I mean.

Also allahumma baarik it is AMAZING u became Muslim just last year cos most old people are so stubborn and rigid in their ways that they don't want to know about any new way to live life. Like subhanAllah that is so amazing, like goosebumps level amazing. So that's why I really wanna know how cos u lived so much of ur life as non Muslim and Allah swt had always written guidance for you even though u were never to know until last April.

Sorry if this post is too deep for a Welshman - I won't be offended if most things just went over your head *coughs*

Comment

I was coughin like a chimney in footy today it was still fun tho Im not even sad:)
                            [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][B][U][CENTER]Oh Allah, in your name, I die and live.[/CENTER][/U][/B][/FONT][/SIZE]
                            [CENTER]:):lailah::lailah::lailah::lailah::)[/CENTER]

[B][CENTER]Ya Allah, Grant Me A Heart That Sees[/CENTER][/B]

Comment

Originally posted by RaNdOm View Post
                              Also [MENTION=123043]Grandad[/MENTION] how did u cope with getting older

i'm gonna turn like really old in a few days and I keep looking at my hands like is this what an old persons hands look like or my face like is this what an old persons face looks like

it's good u still have a sense of humour at 70+ because I've noticed those are the people that bring happiness to themselves and those around them and just imagine being so young and so consumed by life that when u reach 70+ u can't make jokes about welsh people being annoying ....well that's not really a joke but u know what I mean.

Also allahumma baarik it is AMAZING u became Muslim just last year cos most old people are so stubborn and rigid in their ways that they don't want to know about any new way to live life. Like subhanAllah that is so amazing, like goosebumps level amazing. So that's why I really wanna know how cos u lived so much of ur life as non Muslim and Allah swt had always written guidance for you even though u were never to know until last April.

Sorry if this post is too deep for a Welshman - I won't be offended if most things just went over your head *coughs*
                              Ahhh, bless you. You have a way with words. You remind me of my youngest daughter; she too has no respect for her elders and betters! ;)

Valley folk – especially the ones who can remember life (and death) when the coal mines were active – have a dark sense of humour. They also have a sharp ear for natural silliness. For example, my mother was a district nurse. One day she came across a young lass whose father she had once treated. ‘Hello (so-and-so),’ said my mam. ‘How are you, and how’s your dad?’ ‘Oh, he’s dead, Mrs Lewis,’ said the girl. ‘He died the other day.’ ‘Oh dear,’ said my mam. ‘What did he die of, then?’ ‘Oh,’ said the girl. ‘it was nothing serious.’

I was raised as a Baptist. My paternal grandfather was an elder at one of the local Welsh Baptist chapels. He left school at the age of ten to work in the colliery. At that time there were Miners’ Institutes in most valley towns; these were centers of learning, with books of all kinds. My grandfather had a love of study, which he passed on to me.

I became a Catholic at the age of 15, and remained one for just over forty years. I was a professed member of the Carmelite Third Order for over fourteen years, and tested a vocation with the Carmelites at Hazlewood Castle in Yorkshire (this is now a hotel!), and later with the Cistercians at Mount Saint Bernard Abbey in Leicester. It took me a while to realise that my true vocation lay in becoming a dad, and grandad.

My son – who inherited his father’s love of books – became a Muslim about fifteen years ago. This was after reading a copy of the Qur’an that I gave him (just one of many books over the years – or so I thought). He won a place at Durham University (to read philosophy) and decided to trog around Jordan and Egypt on his gap year (just after reverting). He came back wanting to learn Arabic. He studied Classical Arabic at Leeds University (a centre of excellence in the UK for that particular subject); married a Moroccan lass; and moved there. I have three grandchildren there – including the only girl of my six grandkids in all. She is very protective of her status as sole granddaughter!

Having gained a Muslim family, I thought it best to learn as much as I could about Islam. I bought the books – or downloaded electronic versions – and got on with it. In the early days I would ask my son’s opinion on this or that scholar; or seek clarification or confirmation about various themes and notions. He never once tried to persuade me away from Christianity; or to make a Muslim of me. I guess he realised I would do that on my own….or else not at all! I am the only Muslim in my UK family. I joined Ummah.com almost two years ago in order to aid my learning.

Would I still be a Catholic today if my son had not become a Muslim? Very probably, if only because I would not have read the books I’ve read - or asked certain questions; or pondered over certain matters – had the status quo remained.

That’s it, really.

Have a great day......and have an eye out for those wrinkles

As for coping with old age. It was George Burns who said: 'Everything I could do at seventeen I can do at seventy.............Only goes to show what a wreck I was at seventeen!'
                              Last edited by Grandad; 09-08-16, 02:37 PM.
                              'Sometimes, silence is the best answer for a fool.' (Alī ibn Abī Tālib‎)

Comment

Losing things - whether it be a family member, a friend, a job, a car, your savings, your health - is inevitable in this transient and ever-fading world.

Just remember that nothing was really yours to begin with. You don't own anything. Everything belongs to Allah (swt), so in reality, we're not really losing what was formerly "ours"

Just something to think about...

Comment

Working...
                                X