What made you sad today..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What made you sad today..

When a person undergoes difficulty, then to them at that moment it feels as though only they are having problems.

While the reality is that the person next door who puts on a brave smile to make you think all is well, he may actually be in a much harder situation.

Keep in mind the story: "I asked for new shoes.....then I saw a man with no feet."

Sometimes it's hard to see beyond our problems, but if you can step back and look at the suffering of people around the world. Then the things you take for granted will becomes things to be grateful for.

Sometimes a person has to visit hospitals, orphanages, warzones, disaster areas etc, and see the suffering others are going through. It's enough to make you stifle a sob as you realise just how much you have compared to them.

That is why Islaam tells us to look at those who are less fortunate than us, so that we can be grateful for what all we have.

"The `Aalim knows who is a Jaahil, because he used to be a Jaahil before. But the Jaahil does not know who is an `Aalim, because he was never an `Aalim before."

Imaam Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullaah in Majmoo`ul Fataawaa.

Comment

Originally posted by Soliloquy View Post
      Lol I should have read the OP, I'd not have posted if I had noticed 'Get it out there, so we can all support one another.' I don't enjoy input without providing more context.

Nevertheless, I appreciate the advice but I can't act like a 'bimbo'. That's not me, I don't think I could if I tried earnestly; it will not help when I like to be authentic to myself. If what you were implying is that I should do something to bring my mood up when I feel down, let me elaborate. My observations are just that - observations. They're not tied to my feelings, this is simply who I am and have always been. It energises me to ponder over life, where it may drain others; in fact I lack company through whom I can fulfil this need on another level and perhaps that is a more accurate portrayal of my recurring discontent. The negative aspects were what I think about my current environment, so I suppose they cannot be separated completely from my feelings. Equating any of that to 'emo boy band' stems from lack of acknowledging/accepting that people come in a wide range of varieties. It's a healthy practice to take space for one's feelings and analyse them; anything that makes you think and act more coherently helps, I find.

Generally speaking, I have numerous interests and since we're on the subject, what I find works most is creating. It doesn't matter if it's drawing, writing, cooking, etc. that you like or maybe you like doing all of that, just completing something tangible can be great for people like me. More general things that help me is reading and listening to lectures or something, focusing/immersing elsewhere, having a good belly laugh and working out.
      lol an amazing and deep person allahumma baarik

u probably have like a whole ocean inside ur brain :)

i was actually wondering where u went the other day
      ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
      "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
      :love: [Al-Imran 3:159] :love:

Comment

Originally posted by The Reader View Post
        When a person undergoes difficulty, then to them at that moment it feels as though only they are having problems.

While the reality is that the person next door who puts on a brave smile to make you think all is well, he may actually be in a much harder situation.

Keep in mind the story: "I asked for new shoes.....then I saw a man with no feet."

Sometimes it's hard to see beyond our problems, but if you can step back and look at the suffering of people around the world. Then the things you take for granted will becomes things to be grateful for.

Sometimes a person has to visit hospitals, orphanages, warzones, disaster areas etc, and see the suffering others are going through. It's enough to make you stifle a sob as you realise just how much you have compared to them.

That is why Islaam tells us to look at those who are less fortunate than us, so that we can be grateful for what all we have.
        :up: For no feelings - ur pretty good at dealing with them
        "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."

Comment

@Ya'sin

'Serious people' doesn't directly mean you over analyse things or are uptight, etc. What is the standard you're using? Some people are naturally going to think the way they think and compared to others, that is going to seem serious, stiff, like they've dissected things into 'assignments' through anxiety, etc..

The easiest way to discern if that is truly the case is to consider if the person is energised by this and thus meeting their own needs via such topics or conversations, you will see it in their expressions or body language; even choice of word. It maybe subtle, but the change manifests itself and is easier to spot if you know this person. You will probably find that this is when they're most expressive and enthused.

Your type of serious person will not act this way, they're bound to become antsy and troubled; in other words, catastrophise regularly which is a sign of anxiety.

I understand what you mean now with your use of 'bimbo'. There are different ways of letting go. To me, it seems more about being content and free to express oneself rather than displaying a certain type of behaviour. Some of us may lie back in peace and others may want to dance around in joy. I've seen both happen and both were completely genuine expressions of these people.

@The Reader

Being sad =/= ungrateful. One can be both grateful and sad.

This is an overused fallacy on all topics everywhere; in the long term, it is a poor coping mechanism when not backed with a more comprehensive approach. The studies on gratitude and related subjects seemingly show a clear link between gratitude and individual mental health, however there are many factors to this that are integral to success and it's a matter of how such gratefulness is utilised. It may stagnate or it may be used as impetus for change, neither makes you necessarily less grateful or more so.

Not all sadness stems from a negative mentality, it often serves as inspiration to benefit both yourself and others.

Originally posted by RaNdOm View Post
          i was actually wondering where u went the other day
          I take breaks lol, regularly. It helps. The internet is addictive.
          Ya Muqallib al-Quloob, thabbit qalbi 'alaa Deenik
          O' Converter of Hearts, make my heart steadfast upon Thy Way
          We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Soliloquy View Post
            @Ya'sin

'Serious people' doesn't directly mean you over analyse things or are uptight, etc. What is the standard you're using? Some people are naturally going to think the way they think and compared to others, that is going to seem serious, stiff, like they've dissected things into 'assignments' through anxiety, etc..

The easiest way to discern if that is truly the case is to consider if the person is energised by this and thus meeting their own needs via such topics or conversations, you will see it in their expressions or body language; even choice of word. It maybe subtle, but the change manifests itself and is easier to spot if you know this person. You will probably find that this is when they're most expressive and enthused.

Your type of serious person will not act this way, they're bound to become antsy and troubled; in other words, catastrophise regularly which is a sign of anxiety.

I understand what you mean now with your use of 'bimbo'. There are different ways of letting go. To me, it seems more about being content and free to express oneself rather than displaying a certain type of behaviour. Some of us may lie back in peace and others may want to dance around in joy. I've seen both happen and both were completely genuine expressions of these people.

@The Reader

Being sad =/= ungrateful. One can be both grateful and sad.

This is an overused fallacy on all topics everywhere; in the long term, it is a poor coping mechanism when not backed with a more comprehensive approach. The studies on gratitude and related subjects seemingly show a clear link between gratitude and individual mental health, however there are many factors to this that are integral to success and it's a matter of how such gratefulness is utilised. It may stagnate or it may be used as impetus for change, neither makes you necessarily less grateful or more so.

Not all sadness stems from a negative mentality, it often serves as inspiration to benefit both yourself and others.

I take breaks lol, regularly. It helps. The internet is addictive.
            why do u use such hard words so late at night I have to conc so hard

Comment

Its cold :(
              Okay :)

Comment

Originally posted by Bint Muaawiya View Post
                You're right. Sometimes I have a strong urge to write what's on my mind but I usually keep everything inside.
                maashALlah you're supposed to keep such thoughts inside as they're just waswas and one is not taken to account for it as long as they dont express it

Comment

well first I was excited and then I GOT sad....I was excited because they let my uncle out of prison, which he was sent to for crimes he didn't commit.......but I was saddened to hear that another trial was pending as the prosecution was not satisfied.....

Comment

Some men are shameless.

I wish i could give them a taste of their own medicine.
                    Last edited by Peony.; 28-07-16, 05:21 AM.
                    All humans are dead, except those who have knowledge.
                    And all those who have knowledge are asleep, except those who do good deeds.
                    And those who do good deeds are deceived, except those who are sincere.
                    And those who are sincere are always in a state of worry.”

Imam Shafi'i (رحمه الله)

Comment

Originally posted by RaNdOm View Post
                      why do u use such hard words so late at night I have to conc so hard
                      I was wondering when you were going to say she writes hard words like a certain cancerous old git.

"The `Aalim knows who is a Jaahil, because he used to be a Jaahil before. But the Jaahil does not know who is an `Aalim, because he was never an `Aalim before."

Imaam Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullaah in Majmoo`ul Fataawaa.

Comment

Been job searching for a while, but still no luck. I'm about to give up u_u
                        O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity~ Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya

Comment

Originally posted by *sheba* View Post
                          get your resume look at by a professional reviewer.

Comment

Originally posted by Atwork. View Post
                            get your resume look at by a professional reviewer.
                            I've already had several people look at it and they told me it was fine. Its just hard to find a job here, I'm actually thinking of moving.
                            O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity~ Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya

Comment

Originally posted by The Reader View Post
                              I was wondering when you were going to say she writes hard words like a certain cancerous old git.
                              Loooool I know ur secretly laffin at me for that - IT WAS AUTOCORRECT - oh mannnnn

Originally posted by *sheba* View Post
                              Do things that increase rizq

Comment

What's wrong with me? Why do I dislike kid's?
                                My half brother and cousin is staying over and they're not that bad. There is something in my head that just switch and I get frustrated.
                                I rather be hated by everybody else, but loved by Allah. Than be loved by everybody else and hated by Allah.

Comment

Working...
                                X