Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Muslimah_08 View Post
    Some sort of emotional pain...

Watching other sisters greeting each other and talking at the mosque after jumu'ah. Nowadays I feel I'm almost always sitting alone and not talking to anyone at the mosque. So akward. I wish I could be more sociable, feel more like myself in social situations and not be so reserved. Inside I want to talk to others and get to know sisters etc. but then I just can't get myself to it. And then I go home feeling sad and lonely. This has been going on for quite long.
    I have my (diagnosed) anxiety disorder but I don't know if it causes all of this. I just want to "free myself" from this but don't know how and I ruin so many things and opportunities because of this.

Anyone else experiencing something similar or having (social) anxiety? How did you get over it or how do you cope with it?
    I'm just like you.

But I think I have anxiety and i've never been to the doctors about it

My anxiety can be quite bad. Sometimes i start shaking in some situations. Walking down the street is a problem at times. Standing at traffic lights waiting for the cars to stop is one of the worst things for me :/

I just deal with it. It's not nice but oh well, that's life. Perhaps i should see a professional but i cba

Comment

• Re: What made you sad today..

Originally posted by Muslimah_08 View Post

Watching other sisters greeting each other and talking at the mosque after jumu'ah. Nowadays I feel I'm almost always sitting alone and not talking to anyone at the mosque. So akward. I wish I could be more sociable, feel more like myself in social situations and not be so reserved. Inside I want to talk to others and get to know sisters etc. but then I just can't get myself to it. And then I go home feeling sad and lonely. This has been going on for quite long.
      I have my (diagnosed) anxiety disorder but I don't know if it causes all of this. I just want to "free myself" from this but don't know how and I ruin so many things and opportunities because of this.

Anyone else experiencing something similar or having (social) anxiety? How did you get over it or how do you cope with it?
      Something similar but I mostly don feel lonely or sad. I just don have common things with majority of people. I hangout around kids or old folks I find calmness in them. Most sisters talk about the same things, have the same interest but I rarely share the same. When I'm around them I'm always absent minded, I'd rather hangout with my young brothers and play football with them or read my books.

I hate seeing people sad. May Allah grant you happiness and tranquility sister.
      '' WE LIVE IN AN INTERESTING TIME, WHERE THE 'ILM (KNOWLEDGE) OF A PERSON IS JUDGED BY HOW FAMOUS THE PERSON IS.''

- IMAM ANWAR AL 'AWLAQI.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
        Man is not meant to be single till he's 25+. It is completely against nature. No wonder so many brothers ending up committing zina. Its pretty much torture.
        We only () have a few years of torture left. We can make it, just hang on a little longer

Comment

I'm in the same situation too. :(

Comment

I wish I could kill myself.

It's looking like two options, ya Allah heals me completely or I simply die.

I ain't gonna live with whatever's inside of me anymore. If Allah doesn't heal, then death will be the cure and I'll ask for it.
            Sisters shouldn't respond to me.

Comment

Originally posted by nudgetheputri View Post
              I'm in the same situation too. :(
              Originally posted by Silent being View Post
              Something similar but I mostly don feel lonely or sad. I just don have common things with majority of people. I hangout around kids or old folks I find calmness in them. Most sisters talk about the same things, have the same interest but I rarely share the same. When I'm around them I'm always absent minded, I'd rather hangout with my young brothers and play football with them or read my books.

I hate seeing people sad. May Allah grant you happiness and tranquility sister.
              It helps others to approach people like yourselves.

This girl I know (non muslim) very reserved, shy, anti social, everyone talks about her being like that. I'm quiet because I have nothing to talk about :zzz: i'm a boring individual but if I need to talk I'll talk, it's not an issue.

Anyway, back to the anti social girl, I used to see her and try to make eye contact with her. So it started of with me making the effort by smiling at her, and gradually she felt comfortable with it and we made sure we smiled at each other or exchange a 'hi' lol

The next stage was me making conversation with her which I did.

You know what this is gonna be long lol basically now we talk to each other, even though she doesn't talk to people, she keeps to herself and everyone notices her 'secluded' attitude. We have become 'friends' in that sense.

Not sure how this will help but maybe pick a friendly face and do the same as me. Look into their eyes and acknowledge them :wacko: the sooner they notice you and if they are nice individuals they will come and make an effort.

Start with you facial expression to help you with the first stages of being confidence and breaking that anxiety. I used to be a complete 'freak' at school- it was terrible, I wish I could turn back time.
              'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Originally posted by aabdall 79 View Post
                I wish I could kill myself.

It's looking like two options, ya Allah heals me completely or I simply die.

I ain't gonna live with whatever's inside of me anymore. If Allah doesn't heal, then death will be the cure and I'll ask for it.
                have you drinking the mixture made from barley?
                'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
                  have you drinking the mixture made from barley?
                  No.

But if death is the only cure, then let it be. I'm not living like this or think anymore. Call me whatever you like, at least I won't think on it in the grave.
                  Sisters shouldn't respond to me.

Comment

Paki neighbours keep making so much noise.
                    They say good things come to those who wait, so imma be at least an hour late

Comment

posts in made sad thread
                      Last edited by miahmiah; 10-07-16, 02:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ssh View Post
                        :salams

Can't sleep. Am just thinking about how we can shut our selves away and make sure our life is ok and lose our connection with our brothers and sisters elsewhere who are facing major turmoil every day, can't even find rice to eat, can't even find a soft place to sleep. How can we over eat? How can we sleep in? When part of us is hurting and in need, no food, no rest and yet I am thinking about my house and what to furnish it with.....it makes me feel nauseous seriously that I do that. What shall I say in my defense when I need to speak up and answer for myself? Sorry, I couldn't go and help, I had a child to care for and a sofa to buy for my house. (I actually don't own a sofa but you get what I mean) and so I remain inert in this world of comfort and plenty, when my brothers and sisters are dying and trying to defend themselves against very real issues.

If I lived down the road from you and I called you for help would you come? Or would you tell yourself not to get involved because, because, because....(fill in the excuse). You would come help right? MashaAllah, I know you would.....and yet I sit in my house with my roof and door and duvet so warm, in relative safety and give myself excuses why not to be involved. I make myself sick of my excuses and when I am given information again and again about the horrors others face, what can I do but cry and decide to help.....How can that bombardment of news on a daily basis not have an effect on me? Am I hard in my heart? No, Alhamdulillah. It makes me sad.....it makes me sad enough to help.
                        Sister where are you??? This post worried me a little... You haven't been online since. Can you please let us know you're well
                        I love you, cherish you and worship you,
                        Guide me on your path to your janna,
                        Unite me beside you My King and all mighty,

:love:Allah:love:

Comment

Stuff.. :(

Hasbunallahu wa ni'mal wakeel.
                          "Let the days do as they please
                          And be optimistic when destiny decrees
                          Do not despair due to the events of the past
                          For the events of this world were not meant to last"

- Imam Shafi'i

Comment

• I really miss Uni. :love: I can't handle this chillaxed life, even working is chill, ya Allah make these holidays go quick, Ameen ya rabb
                            إقراء القران فإنه يأتي يوم القيامة شفيعا لأصحابه

Comment

I not look good and call brother Bismil the sister bismillah and feel much bad for that sorry

Comment

• Originally posted by miahmiah View Post
                                posts in made sad thread
                                Which thread, sister?

Comment

Working...
                                X