Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What made you sad today..

Originally posted by brightesthour View Post
    Haven't taken my anxiety meds since Monday but I was on the verge of having a panic attack today so I had to take one :(

Lesigh
    relax sis, listen to some quran, find other ways of coping
    feel better xx

Comment

Idk whether its social anxiety or panic attacks, but theyve been visiting me recently at work. I just get in a rush mode for no damn reason and its naking me look foolish and dumb, esp near my colleagues and clients.

What is this....

Comment

رمضان كريم

Ramadan Kareem from Sudan everyone.

To be honest, at this moment I could use some pick me up, support on being my own self.

I'm not awesome enough to do my own thing and not care what others think. It's bogging me down.
        Sisters shouldn't respond to me.

Comment

Originally posted by nudgetheputri View Post
          Idk whether its social anxiety or panic attacks, but theyve been visiting me recently at work. I just get in a rush mode for no damn reason and its naking me look foolish and dumb, esp near my colleagues and clients.

What is this....
          Originally posted by brightesthour View Post
          Haven't taken my anxiety meds since Monday but I was on the verge of having a panic attack today so I had to take one :(

Lesigh
          Indeed, mankind was created anxious:
          When evil touches him, impatient,
          And when good touches him, withholding [of it],
          Except the observers of prayer -
          Those who are constant in their prayer

Surat Al M'raaj 19-23

praying brings alot of peace ... the more u pray then you can face anything in the day... try being consistant in prayers and attempt to get up at the middle of the night for a quick prayer and a dua because the night is

Indeed, the hours of the night are more effective for concurrence [of heart and tongue] and more suitable for words. 73:6
          The Prophet (saw) advised to: “Take benefit of five before five: Your youth before your old age, your health before your sickness, your wealth before your poverty, your free time before you are preoccupied, and your life before your death
          https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgE...kS-Qi3nf3tcvPw

Comment

:salams

During Fajr time, whilst making wudhu I sniffed water as you do.

and some water got into my throat, I realised I was fasting by the time the water got into my throat, but how was I to get the water out?

Therefore I swallowed the water.

Anyway, throughout this morning I have looked at various websites, islamQa and others and I'm unsure.

Is my fast broken?

Really upset if it is, because it's the first of the month.

Could someone shed some light on this.

I haven't eaten or drank anything yet.

If I have to make it up, I will.

Jazakh'Allah Khair.
            Last edited by Perception; 06-06-16, 12:03 PM.

Comment

I have got a banging headache.
              8 powerful habits to succeed

1. Wake up early!
              2. Do it as soon as possible, you could die tonight so make the best of today
              3. Remember your life is unique, don't compare yourself to others. Use that jealousy as an energy to make your life a success"
              4. Have healthy habits. Set a time each day to exercise. Try with the mindset you're only going to do some jumping jacks for 5 seconds and the next thing you know, you're doing a workout!
              5. Read, read, read. Ponder over the Qur'an, learn more. Put the idiot box (TV) away
              6. Take note. Desires make slaves out of kings and patience makes kings out of slaves.
              7. Results aren't just worldly. Results are also about perseverance, retaining dignity, being honest, being honourable, doing good unto others.
              8. Always encourage others especially our brothers and sisters, let them know making mistakes is okay, we all make mistakes, do not ever undermine them and make them feel incompetent. This is also true for the dunya, so what if they don't get the maths sum right the first time, that is what LEARNING is.

NEW UPDATE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJubtizAEfU

Watch this when you're distressed!

Comment

if you feel like you have to make it up,make it up.but continue your fast religion is base on intention Ramadan Mubarak

Comment

Originally posted by Perception View Post

and some water got into my throat, I realised I was fasting by the time the water got into my throat, but how was I to get the water out?

Anyway, throughout this morning I have looked at various websites, islamQa and others and I'm unsure.

Is my fast broken?

Jazakh'Allah Khair.
                  if you feel like you have to make it up make it up but continue your fast,the religion is base on intention Ramadan Mubarak

Comment

Don't know what to do with my life... I have goals for later but right now nothing interests me...
                    Narrated by Anas ibn Malik RA: Allah's Messenger :saw: said. "When a woman observes the five times of prayer, fasts during Ramadan, preserves her chastity and obeys her husband, she may enter by any of the gates of Paradise she wishes."

Comment

Originally posted by Perception View Post

Is my fast broken?

Jazakh'Allah Khair.
                      Read this

https://islamqa.info/en/98283

Comment

Originally posted by ibnmorales View Post
                        if you feel like you have to make it up,make it up.but continue your fast religion is base on intention Ramadan Mubarak
                        Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
                        :jkk:

To both of you,

I continued my fast, Alhamdulilah.

Ramadan Mubarak to you both also.

Comment

Comment

• What made you sad today..

Just got the "beard talk" from my dad.

If you don't know what the "beard talk" is, it's when one or both of your parents tries to convince you to trim your beard.

Usually they come from my mother. They're not so bad, just the standard "no girl will marry you" line. But my refusal never affects our relationship, and she always accepts my decision.

This time it was my dad who sat me down and tried to convince me. He basically said having a beard like mine was like painting a target on the back of my skull. I understand his concerns, given the anti-Muslim sentiment in this country currently. Of course in the end I had to refuse. He did not take it too well.

It's just a shame that my father wants me to compromise the Deen out of fear of the kuffar. It really is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post

If you don't know what the "beard talk" is, it's when one or both of your parents tries to convince you to trim your beard.

Usually they come from my mother. They're not so bad, just the standard "no girl will marry you" line. But my refusal never affects our relationship, and she always accepts my decision.

This time it was my dad who sat me down and tried to convince me. He basically said having a beard like mine was like painting a target on the back of my skull. I understand his concerns, given the anti-Muslim sentiment in this country currently. Of course in the end I had to refuse. He did not take it too well.

It's just a shame that my father wants me to compromise the Deen out of fear of the kuffar. It really is.
                              I feel ya.
                              You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post

mashAllah at your dedication to the Deen and inshaAllah your dad will come around to being accepting of your beard. He is obviously just concerned about his son's safety. I think in Islam it also says when times get really dangerous for the Muslims, then they should worship in secret. (I'm not sure about this last bit though) Allah knows best.
                                Indeed we belong to Allah,
                                and indeed to Him we will return.

Quran 2:156

Comment

Working...
                                X