Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What made you sad today..

Originally posted by Abdalla94' View Post
    Yes, a layman has no madhab so they simply ask those of knowledge that they trust. Since they haven't studied much of the religion, they are under no obligation to go through the evidences regarding fiqh to find the strongest opinion.

However, if you want to study a madhab, you definitely should. That's the only way to study fiqh.

In terms of choosing a madhab, I would say to choose the one most prominent in your country + the one you're most familiar with. After that, it's really easy. You go through the basic books of the madhab and slowly you progress to the more advanced books.

All of the 4 madhabs followed the Messenger of Allah :saw: and following any of them is safe. In terms of the teacher you study it from though, you have to try and figure out whether they're legit or not. Also, you mentioned that there isn't many teachers / Islamic places in Belgium which is definitely a problem.

However, there are many online resources you can use to learn from. If you want to study the Hanafi madhab, perhaps ask some of the members here who are Hanafi to perhaps share some links with teachers who teach the madhab online.
    yes you are right, thanks for the advice, i think my local mosque is malliki, but thats just a guess because its maghrebi but it doesnt matter because the imam doesnt speak anything but arabic so thats kinda ruled out. well i really do want to study more but it just ffeels so impossible sometimes idk if it is though but in sha Allah i will try to find online classes or pdf books or something
    يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

• Originally posted by aynina View Post
      Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
      I really don't know what to tell you. Stay on the forum obviously, as that seems to be your most reliable way to be in contact with other Muslims. But the lack of even a local alim must mean there isn't a big Muslim presence in your area. You'd probably need to move somewhere with more Muslims.

From what you're saying, are you interested in becoming a formal student of knowledge? It sounds to me like you just need some structure in the way you learn Islam, and you don't know where to start.
      yea i really want to move to a muslim area but obviously i dont have the means for that, and yes i would want to be an islamic student, idk what formal means inn this context, but again i dont have the means for that even though i know i would be clever enough though, so i try to do self study but then i end up quitting because i have no clue what i am doing and what i should learn anyway
      Formal as in you have a teacher and a structured curriculum.

So your main obstacle is money. Yeah that's tough. Have some sabr though and make dua, I'm sure everything will work out and Allah will make a way out for you.

Keep trying to learn what you can. You can read Islamic books from Kalamullah.Com and listen to lectures. Focus on the fundamentals: aqeedah, tafsir, seerah, akhlaq, etc. I really like Abdallas advice above as well, so follow that too.

Be careful though because self study is generally frowned upon.
      Muhammad Tim Humble explains it perfectly here:

https://youtu.be/7iFSIrJkP54

Comment

Originally posted by aynina View Post
        yes you are right, thanks for the advice, i think my local mosque is malliki, but thats just a guess because its maghrebi but it doesnt matter because the imam doesnt speak anything but arabic so thats kinda ruled out. well i really do want to study more but it just ffeels so impossible sometimes idk if it is though but in sha Allah i will try to find online classes or pdf books or something
        You seem to be in a difficult situation regarding lack of people of knowledge where you live but Insha'Allah it'll get better.

For the mean time, it's definitely best to learn online.

:jkk:

Comment

Formal as in you have a teacher and a structured curriculum.

So your main obstacle is money. Yeah that's tough. Have some sabr though and make dua, I'm sure everything will work out and Allah will make a way out for you.

Keep trying to learn what you can. You can read Islamic books from Kalamullah.Com and listen to lectures. Focus on the fundamentals: aqeedah, tafsir, seerah, akhlaq, etc. I really like Abdallas advice above as well, so follow that too.

Be careful though because self study is generally frowned upon.
          Muhammad Tim Humble explains it perfectly here:

https://youtu.be/7iFSIrJkP54
          yeah that makes sense because i only end up to be confused through selfstudy lol
          يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

• What made you sad today..

I have a big beard and I look all "Islamic." Other Muslims especially my age respect me like I'm some mufti or something. But the truth is my knowledge, akhlaq, and ibadah are all poor. If only these people would stop thinking so highly of me. I know a brother who shaves his beard but wakes up for tahajjud every single day. SubhanAllah.

Then on the other hand if you look "religious" but you make a mistake, people call you a munafiq. Even on here you see sisters saying they don't trust "religious looking" guys. Why? Cause they're not the saints you thought they were?

It's crazy that you get all these expectations piled on you because you look a certain way, and then you get called fake cause people thought you were some holy man and you turn out not to be.

Comment

I have a big beard and I look all "Islamic." Other Muslims especially my age respect me like I'm some mufti or something. But the truth is my knowledge, akhlaq, and ibadah are all poor. If only these people would stop thinking so highly of me. I know a brother who shaves his beard but wakes up for tahajjud every single day. SubhanAllah.

Then on the other hand if you look "religious" but you make a mistake, people call you a munafiq. Even on here you see sisters saying they don't trust "religious looking" guys. Why? Cause they're not the saints you thought they were?

It's crazy that you get all these expectations piled on you because you look a certain way, and then you get called fake cause people thought you were some holy man and you turn out not to be.
              I agree with you, for some one thing is easy and the other is hard, like some sisters find it really hard to wear hijab and they wear makeup but they do theyre ibadah perfectly, but like me i dont understand whats so hard about jilbab but then there are other things i need to work on

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

This place isn't good to be on anymore.....

really hitting at my iman.

I just hope with time I'll be able to leave this place for good.
                Last edited by brightesthour; 30-05-16, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by brightesthour View Post
                  This place isn't good to be on anymore.....

really hitting at my iman.

I just hope with time I'll be able to leave this place for good.
                  Care to elaborate?

Comment

[MENTION=107240]brightesthour[/MENTION]

I see, I see. And I am very sorry for my own part as I am sure I set myself as a bad example :(

But I think then it's best to take a break and do as I said, study the Qur'an. Especially surahs which talk about Allah's mercy.
                    May Allah ease your affairs and keep you steadfast, ameen. :jkk:

Comment

Originally posted by srahman33 View Post
                      [MENTION=107240]brightesthour[/MENTION]

I see, I see. And I am very sorry for my own part as I am sure I set myself as a bad example :(

But I think then it's best to take a break and do as I said, study the Qur'an. Especially surahs which talk about Allah's mercy.
                      May Allah ease your affairs and keep you steadfast, ameen. :jkk:
                      No don't worry, you haven't.

I just think it's better for me to not be here anymore. Not saying I'm gonna leave right this second, but I hope to slowly wean myself off this forum. Some people can shrug this place off, but it's depressing to be on here now cos it's not my little safe haven anymore.

Oh and yes I'm gonna do that :insha:. :jkk:

Comment

Originally posted by brightesthour View Post
                        No don't worry, you haven't.

I just think it's better for me to not be here anymore. Not saying I'm gonna leave right this second, but I hope to slowly wean myself off this forum. Some people can shrug this place off, but it's depressing to be on here now cos it's not my little safe haven anymore.

Oh and yes I'm gonna do that :insha:. :jkk:
                        You shouldn't read most of the debating useless threads on here, cause i know thats what puts me down.

Comment

Originally posted by Romero123 View Post
                          You shouldn't read most of the debating useless threads on here, cause i know thats what puts me down.
                          :there: pop down to the 'bro love' thread whenever you feel down.

Comment

Last edited by Magic.; 30-05-16, 10:44 PM.
                            8 powerful habits to succeed

1. Wake up early!
                            2. Do it as soon as possible, you could die tonight so make the best of today
                            3. Remember your life is unique, don't compare yourself to others. Use that jealousy as an energy to make your life a success"
                            4. Have healthy habits. Set a time each day to exercise. Try with the mindset you're only going to do some jumping jacks for 5 seconds and the next thing you know, you're doing a workout!
                            5. Read, read, read. Ponder over the Qur'an, learn more. Put the idiot box (TV) away
                            6. Take note. Desires make slaves out of kings and patience makes kings out of slaves.
                            7. Results aren't just worldly. Results are also about perseverance, retaining dignity, being honest, being honourable, doing good unto others.
                            8. Always encourage others especially our brothers and sisters, let them know making mistakes is okay, we all make mistakes, do not ever undermine them and make them feel incompetent. This is also true for the dunya, so what if they don't get the maths sum right the first time, that is what LEARNING is.

NEW UPDATE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJubtizAEfU

Watch this when you're distressed!

Comment

Originally posted by Deeni Akh View Post
                              :there: pop down to the 'bro love' thread whenever you feel down.
                              ok on my way

Comment

Originally posted by Magic. View Post
                                Wow ibzy that's phenomenal amount. You're probably a beast. I do only 90 weighted squats every other day.

Are you going to carry on during Ramadan?

I am sad today I scalded myself with hot chocolate.
                                I'm going to try, probably do it an hour before Iftar begins.
                                They say good things come to those who wait, so imma be at least an hour late

Comment

Working...
                                X