Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What made you sad today..

Originally posted by aabdall 79 View Post
    How can one practise the religion without being overwhelmed by feelings of being a 'loser'?
    You have to reach a level of awesomeness to not care about what other people will think of you. Have confidence and self esteem.

Comment

I don't know. If I am a loser amongst non believers, it's one thing, but to be a loser to supposed Muslims, that's another level.

Maybe I'll beat him one day, just not today.
      You will brother please dont give up, im with my non muslim family right this seccond and i know how you feel, because they look fown on us, but brother try to not be around those people that make you feel that way, wallah kafir friends will do nothing for your akhira and on top of that they wont be happy with you until you take their religion
      May Allah strengthen you Ameen
      I know you can do this akhi dont ever give up
      يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Originally posted by ibzy View Post
        Well no I'm not ok, I've told you that my buttocks are in severe pain. I've been walking like a penguin today. I'm currently lying down on the sofa, too weak to move so I'm thinking of sleeping on the sofa tonight.
        Wow ibzy that's phenomenal amount. You're probably a beast. I do only 90 weighted squats every other day.

Are you going to carry on during Ramadan?

I am sad today I scalded myself with hot chocolate.
        8 powerful habits to succeed

1. Wake up early!
        2. Do it as soon as possible, you could die tonight so make the best of today
        3. Remember your life is unique, don't compare yourself to others. Use that jealousy as an energy to make your life a success"
        4. Have healthy habits. Set a time each day to exercise. Try with the mindset you're only going to do some jumping jacks for 5 seconds and the next thing you know, you're doing a workout!
        5. Read, read, read. Ponder over the Qur'an, learn more. Put the idiot box (TV) away
        6. Take note. Desires make slaves out of kings and patience makes kings out of slaves.
        7. Results aren't just worldly. Results are also about perseverance, retaining dignity, being honest, being honourable, doing good unto others.
        8. Always encourage others especially our brothers and sisters, let them know making mistakes is okay, we all make mistakes, do not ever undermine them and make them feel incompetent. This is also true for the dunya, so what if they don't get the maths sum right the first time, that is what LEARNING is.

NEW UPDATE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJubtizAEfU

Watch this when you're distressed!

Comment

How can one practise the religion without being overwhelmed by feelings of being a 'loser'?
          Akhi I used to follow Islam because it was commanded which was good but I didn't really understand why until recently. As I grow older, Alhamdullilah, more wisdom comes slowly in little droplets.

So I understand the reason why zina is bad, I see my friends sulking upset over their haraam relationships when the girl has called it off. They become depressed. I see guys my age running after girls playing around, being a doormat to them.

I am so happy because I've never been in this heartbreak and being manipulated by a girl, Alhamdullilah.

I never understood why to grow the beard now since trying to grow it, I receive so much more respect from everyone, I did it for the sake of Allah however. When I used to have a shorter beard I used to receive weird lewd comments from other men, disgusting men, they didn't look at me right but now its different.
          8 powerful habits to succeed

1. Wake up early!
          2. Do it as soon as possible, you could die tonight so make the best of today
          3. Remember your life is unique, don't compare yourself to others. Use that jealousy as an energy to make your life a success"
          4. Have healthy habits. Set a time each day to exercise. Try with the mindset you're only going to do some jumping jacks for 5 seconds and the next thing you know, you're doing a workout!
          5. Read, read, read. Ponder over the Qur'an, learn more. Put the idiot box (TV) away
          6. Take note. Desires make slaves out of kings and patience makes kings out of slaves.
          7. Results aren't just worldly. Results are also about perseverance, retaining dignity, being honest, being honourable, doing good unto others.
          8. Always encourage others especially our brothers and sisters, let them know making mistakes is okay, we all make mistakes, do not ever undermine them and make them feel incompetent. This is also true for the dunya, so what if they don't get the maths sum right the first time, that is what LEARNING is.

NEW UPDATE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJubtizAEfU

Watch this when you're distressed!

Comment

Not sad, but disappointed in myself. I'm supposed to have re-exam next tuesday but I haven't studied much for it and now I'm not feeling well hence I can't consentrate at all. Stupid me, why didn't I start earlier... I think I'm gonna skip the exam and do it in August instead. Propably not good, I'm sooo behind in my studies...

In shaa Allaah khair.

Comment

why does it feel so hard sometimes
              they say islam is easy but i find it so hard sometimes

so many people say islam is easy just pray/fast/pay zakat/shahadah/hajj if you can khalass
              but to me its not that simple, its not that simple right? theses sooo much more and islam is an intelectual religion, and i really want to learn as much as i can about islam and i wish i could learn more but at tthis very moment its so dificult and hard
              يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Originally posted by aynina View Post

so many people say islam is easy just pray/fast/pay zakat/shahadah/hajj if you can khalass
                but to me its not that simple, its not that simple right? theses sooo much more and islam is an intelectual religion, and i really want to learn as much as i can about islam and i wish i could learn more but at tthis very moment its so dificult and hard

What is it you find difficult?

Comment

Originally posted by Abdalla94' View Post
                  What is it you find difficult?
                  differences of opinion

say a muslim that follows hanafi madhab that practices sufism he is a muslim
                  and take a salafi muslim they are total oposites almost but both are muslim? who is following the straight path its creeping me out

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

I think spending a lot of time on this forum, looking at all the debates with the complicated terminology can be very overwhelming. It is for me and I'm a born Muslim. I can't imagine what it's like for a revert.

Comment

differences of opinion

say a muslim that follows hanafi madhab that practices sufism he is a muslim
                      and take a salafi muslim they are total oposites almost but both are muslim? who is following the straight path its creeping me out
                      Differences of opinion are definitely confusing, and fiqh is generally a complex matter. However, the job of a layman isn't to go through the various opinions trying to find the strongest one for every issue you have. That would be overwhelming.

As laymen, our job is to find a person of knowledge who is trustworthy who we can take from. Also, following a madhab (follow the one in which you were taught to pray etc) is really helpful to avoid being confused.

When it comes to aqeedah, do you find anything within it difficult?

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
                        I think spending a lot of time on this forum, looking at all the debates with the complicated terminology can be very overwhelming. It is for me and I'm a born Muslim. I can't imagine what it's like for a revert.
                        yes you're right, but i dont know what else to do, theres no local alim or anything i can go to, idk how to start like i would want to study more or something ut i dont know how and what

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Originally posted by Abdalla94' View Post
                          Differences of opinion are definitely confusing, and fiqh is generally a complex matter. However, the job of a layman isn't to go through the various opinions trying to find the strongest one for every issue you have. That would be overwhelming.

As laymen, our job is to find a person of knowledge who is trustworthy who we can take from. Also, following a madhab (follow the one in which you were taught to pray etc) is really helpful to avoid being confused.

When it comes to aqeedah, do you find anything within it difficult?
                          i dont understand, people always say laymen should just follow a shaikh or something? i want to learn stuff i dont just want to follow someone, i dont even know who i would follow? when it comes to aqidah i'd also like to learn more about it but at the moment thats not my biggest concern, i'm more concerned about madhabism/like whatever is going on there, if i should just not follow a madhab anymore, it really scares me, i saw something really stupid okay i'm ashamed to say it but i had this flash before my eyes that litterally happened in the blink of an eye but it haunts me, so basically on the day of judgement i belonged to the ummah of abu hanifa and not the ummah of the prophet saws, and i know that sounds silly but it scared me because i want to be a follower of the prophet and i dont remember what i am doing right now and why i am doing it

on one hand it sounds so logical that i follow a madhab because they are most trustworthy but is the person teaching m this madhab trustworthy? should i just folow the way of the salaf? yes ofcourse i should but how do i do that how do i learn that stuff to who do i go for that

i'm probably making little sense right now but i'm pretty confused and upset

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

yes you're right, but i dont know what else to do, theres no local alim or anything i can go to, idk how to start like i would want to study more or something ut i dont know how and what
                            I really don't know what to tell you. Stay on the forum obviously, as that seems to be your most reliable way to be in contact with other Muslims. But the lack of even a local alim must mean there isn't a big Muslim presence in your area. You'd probably need to move somewhere with more Muslims.

From what you're saying, are you interested in becoming a formal student of knowledge? It sounds to me like you just need some structure in the way you learn Islam, and you don't know where to start.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
                              I really don't know what to tell you. Stay on the forum obviously, as that seems to be your most reliable way to be in contact with other Muslims. But the lack of even a local alim must mean there isn't a big Muslim presence in your area. You'd probably need to move somewhere with more Muslims.

From what you're saying, are you interested in becoming a formal student of knowledge? It sounds to me like you just need some structure in the way you learn Islam, and you don't know where to start.
                              yea i really want to move to a muslim area but obviously i dont have the means for that, and yes i would want to be an islamic student, idk what formal means inn this context, but again i dont have the means for that even though i know i would be clever enough though, so i try to do self study but then i end up quitting because i have no clue what i am doing and what i should learn anyway

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

i dont understand, people always say laymen should just follow a shaikh or something? i want to learn stuff i dont just want to follow someone, i dont even know who i would follow? when it comes to aqidah i'd also like to learn more about it but at the moment thats not my biggest concern, i'm more concerned about madhabism/like whatever is going on there, if i should just not follow a madhab anymore, it really scares me, i saw something really stupid okay i'm ashamed to say it but i had this flash before my eyes that litterally happened in the blink of an eye but it haunts me, so basically on the day of judgement i belonged to the ummah of abu hanifa and not the ummah of the prophet saws, and i know that sounds silly but it scared me because i want to be a follower of the prophet and i dont remember what i am doing right now and why i am doing it

on one hand it sounds so logical that i follow a madhab because they are most trustworthy but is the person teaching m this madhab trustworthy? should i just folow the way of the salaf? yes ofcourse i should but how do i do that how do i learn that stuff to who do i go for that

i'm probably making little sense right now but i'm pretty confused and upset

Yes, a layman has no madhab so they simply ask those of knowledge that they trust. Since they haven't studied much of the religion, they are under no obligation to go through the evidences regarding fiqh to find the strongest opinion.

However, if you want to study a madhab, you definitely should. That's the only way to study fiqh.

In terms of choosing a madhab, I would say to choose the one most prominent in your country + the one you're most familiar with. After that, it's really easy. You go through the basic books of the madhab and slowly you progress to the more advanced books.

All of the 4 madhabs followed the Messenger of Allah :saw: and following any of them is safe. In terms of the teacher you study it from though, you have to try and figure out whether they're legit or not. Also, you mentioned that there isn't many teachers / Islamic places in Belgium which is definitely a problem.

However, there are many online resources you can use to learn from. If you want to study the Hanafi madhab, perhaps ask some of the members here who are Hanafi to perhaps share some links with teachers who teach the madhab online.

Comment

Working...
                                X