Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What made you sad today..

Originally posted by truecolors View Post
    I had applied for an internship position a couple of weeks ago, and today I was informed that the hiring manager went with another candidate.
    That's when you saw the manager's true colours.

Anyways Allah swt saved you from something that may have been harmful for you and he will replace it with something much better :insha:

Comment

Originally posted by RaNdOm View Post
      Forgive me everyone...
      Hey sis where are ya? Don't really see you on UF anymore ...

Indeed we belong to Allah,
      and indeed to Him we will return.

Quran 2:156

Comment

[MENTION=100194]Ya'sin[/MENTION]
        Thanks for your reply sis. Youre right on everything, I know these things myself too. Its just that somehow I can't change my mindset.*

I feel like you know how I feel, not many people do. It causes so much stress and sadness and down feelings whenever I'm thinking about it a lot. And I hate it that I cant stop comparing myself to other girls. I don't want to be ungrateful but this has been a major struggle for me for the past years. But I'll keep trying to change that, it's a waste of time really.*

And yeah I could beautify myself, not that it would make me beautiful but it would be a whole lot *better lol. Sometimes I think if I wore thight clothes at least I'd have something to show off istaghfirullah. *Now Im AND not pretty AND I cant do anything to make myself pretty, at least outside of the home.

And yes marriage is a great oppurtunity for that in sha allah but *it'll take a while.

thanks again I'm def interested in how you got over your issues :) that's a great achievement

Comment

Allahu Akbar

I had absolutely no idea that we are in the month of April!!! I thought we were in March

that means I have only a month...only a month left
          "O you who are patient! Bear a little, just a little more remains

Enter your emotion and it gives you a dua!

Comment

Originally posted by ~Ukhti~ View Post
            Allahu Akbar

I had absolutely no idea that we are in the month of April!!! I thought we were in March

that means I have only a month...only a month left
            same here. one month until exams start :(
            Bandon say dil naa lagao sirf Allah say lagao.

Comment

Originally posted by AbulUthman View Post
              same here. one month until exams start :(
              just imagine your just chilling and not even realise the date

Ya rabb

May Allah swt make it easy for us both
              "O you who are patient! Bear a little, just a little more remains

Enter your emotion and it gives you a dua!

Comment

Originally posted by ~Ukhti~ View Post
                just imagine your just chilling and not even realise the date

Ya rabb

May Allah swt make it easy for us both
                hmm

Ameen Allahumma Ameen
                Bandon say dil naa lagao sirf Allah say lagao.

Comment

[MENTION=137184]Demure[/MENTION]

I'll try to keep it short, but you know what that means! lol

I'm in my twenties now, Alhamdulillah, I made it! I made it without hanging myself on the ceiling, I made it without jumping off a building, I made it without being stupid. I made it because of the tears that were shed and only Allah understood my pain and he saw EXACTLY what was taking place and he knew how weak I was.

Allah is my witness.

Although this may sound extreme, I haven't forgotten what happened to me and I never will, it's a symbol for me, it's something that still brings tears to my eyes, after a decade. Unbelieveable. And what gives me great comfort is that Allah is the master of the day of judgment and he will bring me justice. And may he the greatest have mercy on us all -Ameen

It's making me emotional already. lol Honestly, I don't like being dramatic but this was dramatic the things that happened.

I won't go in too depth with my appearance and what I looked like and what I look like now, because that is quite personal, just know that I wasn't very girly.
                  I'm still not girly and I haven't changed that much, I've only gotten older.

After all beauty fades and one day it will all decay with the soil in your grave and the only thing left behind will be your soul.

It's funny, we take so much care of our appearance. We are so conscious about it, I wish I could be more conscious about my soul and how well I look after it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

It was at a time when I was alone, no friends. Staying at home, doing a bit of housework, I used to go out sometimes for a walk and maybe the library.
                  I was a bit 'restricted' compared to many in regards to going out, but this was all for very good reasons.

I enjoyed it. I didn't compare myself to other girls before the marriage search started. My situation was different than yours when I was a teenager. I didn't want to be like anyone and I still don't want to be like others. But when I'm the one getting compared regarding marriage, this is when I feel very down and I think to myself, 'I wish I was like these others girls that are so great and people want to marry'.

Teenage years, I didn't make an effort with my looks, I just went with what I had in the closet. Borrowed clothes from my sisters. I was a fashion disaster and I didn't know it mainly because I didn't care and I didn't know what good fashion meant and whatever was out there was inappropriate for me to wear.

If you have friends that are constantly going on about fashion, and always making you feel like you are missing out, or even encouraging you to go against what you stand for (a modest muslim woman)......

Ditch them. Don't waste your life away for them because they are playing a role in influencing you negatively. It is very hard to take this on board but you will see the difference soon enough :insha:

Slowly distance yourself from them. But since you are in a very weak position you need to up your confidence level by accepting who you are and not caring what others think. This will take time.

Back to me. I had non hijabis around me, just non muslims. But I never thought 'oh I wish I could wear that'. This is where you will have to focus on.

You have to differentiate being modest and being someone that is putting themselves out there for male attention. One is honourable, the latter is simply cheap and not worth the dirty attention. Not worth it at all, you are more precious being a woman who has never been stared at by a man like you are something to be preyed on. This makes you pure, and special.

I slowly started working with adults and this helped me to gain experience. I naturally became a bit more confident and cared less about looks. I think this must have been some miracle from Allah it just happened.

I went crazy, I did crazy things clothes wise. I was brave enough to wear some ugly jacket my dad got that was triple my size, absolutely hideous, take my word for it. I would go and pick my siblings up from school wearing really ugly and just weird clothes. It was a very weird sight, people would have a quick glance but they got used to it and I got used to dressing like a disaster.

It just made me more confident Alhamdulillah lol the less you care the more confident you are. Like I told you before, BE YOUR OWN BOSS. You're not in this world to impress Fiona and compete with her or even to let her thumb your confidence down. You show her and tell her - You just don't give a damn *shrugs

Are you a sheep? The obvious answer is no, so lets not be sheeps!

As for the men. We are different in this regards too. I have had no desire to get their attention because I disliked some of them, others I just saw as the opposite gender. Nothing to impress or dress differently for.

You have to take them out of the picture. Make them 0% percent in your life, they are nothing for you. They don't make your world complete and they are just there. Don't care what they think, why should a non mahram make you feel like you have to be a tart? Don't let them, you're better off being a 'minger' to them, it's more rewarding, satisfying I should say LOL. We are not there to please their perverted eyes. Sis, please you are not some meat that should dress up in a skirt for them. They don't care about you, THEY NEVER will. It is also sexual for them.

Make sure you are aware and keep safe, protect yourself from fitnah :insha: read about this and what islam says.

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER.

EMPOWERING YOURSELF = CONFIDENCE

For all the right reasons of course. Not to become arrogant and boastful. But to keep your dignity intact. Be dignified, don't pull yourself down.

This is getting really long. lol

The less I cared about my image the more confident I became. You have to look at yourself and question your own ego and your own purpose in life.

Sure you can be a slapper, a tart, or someone who chooses to be clothed yet half naked. But these are all dangerous territories that will only lead to MORE insecurities, MORE dissatisfactions, and MORE SINS, AS WELL AS MORE HUNGER for this world.

It will become a vicious circle hard for you to break.

Look after your body as it has rights over you. Eat well, sleep well, be clean and be positive. Work hard for yourself. And remember Allah is watching you. It helps to do dhikr when you're out and about even just saying 'astagfirullah' is enough. Do it for Allah you are Allah's SOLDIER AND SLAVE, you belong to him

Be a dutiful daughter. Protect your honour and represent islam.

Read the stories of the mother of believers. Be who you want to be, not what others pressurise you to be. The less I cared what people thought, the MORE CONTENT I became, Alhamdulillah.

Know who you are, you're a muslim woman that has rights. Don't let people make you feel like you are in competition with them or their beauty.

It is not worth it, you will always have someone say that it's not enough. We are talking about beauty and women, it is a whirlwirld of evil that will lead to destruction of your own soul. A world for losers that only commit Riya.

I can go on, but I will leave it as that. I hope it has been a bit helpful. With these kind of things, it's YOU that has to be practical. A muslimah doesn't have to be messy or a fashion disaster. Just be modest and clean, as well as someone who has good manners.

Smile it's Sunnah ;-) and it makes you look confident too. You can PM me if you want or if you wish you can make a thread about gaining confidence. I didn't talk about marriage because flippin eck, it'll be like an encyclopaedia.

This is my favourite nasheed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb4SjWqE2pE

If you can take a few times to listen and read the meaning, it's on the video.
                  'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

When silence is no longer an option and motive is weakened by fate, never have such thoughts crossed my mind before.. Faith and hope are drifting quietly away from me. I can't be the daughter, the sister, the wife or friend.. I've stopped feeling as though my heart has died, people stand before me and I'm not seeing them or feeling them anymore. Even as I pray I no longer cry or feel peace..
                    Evey fairy tale said while growing up, every dream we were told could come true, every aim we were inspired to achieve were all nothing but words.. I'm left asking myself questions and I can't find answers.. Facts are
                    My dad was abusive and beat up his kids, he never gave us a chance to grow up normal.. Had an eye for women and often bullied me!
                    My mum is weak and defendless and never stuck us for her kids, she turned away everytime he beat his kids.. She sometimes would ignore my cried for help.. many ignored us.

I'm done!
                    I love you, cherish you and worship you,
                    Guide me on your path to your janna,
                    Unite me beside you My King and all mighty,

:love:Allah:love:

Comment

When certain individuals are up to no good but I can see right through them.
                      I'm just nodding my head while listening thinking "do I look stupid", thinking one thing in my head and replying back with something different. How awkward.
                      Trying to be all nice while planning how I will get rid of them.
                      I don't trust this girl and her 'friends' at all.
                      شَكَوْتُ إلَى وَكِيعٍ سُوءَ حِفْظِي
                      فَأرْشَدَنِي إلَى تَرْكِ المعَاصي
                      وَأخْبَرَنِي بأَنَّ العِلْمَ نُورٌ
                      ونورُ الله لا يهدى لعاصي

Comment

Guys i think i am a bit :wacko: and i mean it. And not :wacko: in the good way either. Or maybe it's my little bro who just pushes me and we both become equally :wacko: coz he is too and my sister, i think my whole family are a bit :wacko:. I used to be so tolerant but now i don't make dua for patience coz that would be asking for situations but maybe i should start making this dua. Also on the road i get really crazy road rage and i pick on people who do crazy things on the road, like if a cyclist is acting nuts or a driver is doing something wrong and dangerous it gets to me and i say stuff that i shouldn't, like i will call them names like "you stupid person" or "are you dumb". I know it's not good and it is time i stop this but i think i lose my sabr with these crazy people. It's not just me tho, my cousin, aunt and mum were/are all like this so maybe it runs in the family? Or is that a cop-out excuse? Coz my bro wasn't a mad driver.

It's really bad, i lose it when i am on the roads and once i had this aunt come with us and before i even started driving i said "habo (aunty) please excuse me whilst driving". It really isn't good.

I am nice to people btw particularly people on foot and i do let people pass etc coz i am nice and take it as a good gesture but overall i go :wacko: and now i am getting used to it but it's really bad.

This is something to be sad about.

لا تفكر كثيرا
                        بل استغفر كثيرا

-------------------------------------------------------
                        The children need your prayers more than anyone else
                        -------------------------------------------------------
                        www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by RaNdOm View Post
                          how will this solve anything?

drugs are a form of escapism

once you go down into that dark hole it is VERY difficult to get out. YouTube ex drug users and there stories will be shocking. I know one member on here used to take drugs when I first joined the forum. Now if I ever see him post it's like it's a different person - truthfully sometimes he sounds possessed and I just feel really bad for him.

im glad you can highlight the points you can work on inshaAllah. If you're sincere Allah swt never ever leaves u alone in a matter but you have to be really honest to Him. Do regular good deeds and say astaghfirullah ALL the time. That is your mission ok. From now on for a week you have to repeatedly say astaghfirullah in every spare moment you have. If you're truly depressed then you will cling onto any way out. I don't care how exhausted you are. You must do this. Report back to us in a week ok.

Ask forgiveness from your Lord; Verily, He is Oft-Forgiving; He will send [rain from] the sky upon you in abundance. And give you increase in WEALTH and children.." [71:10-12]
                          It's been over a week.

To be honest, I haven't been saying astaghfirullah every waking moment, just sometimes.

Bit I feel I am in the same place mentally.
                          Sisters shouldn't respond to me.

Comment

I seriouly need to get a grip on my mood swings and sort my temper out, it's so annoying man and easier said than done.

Comment

I wish I had talent with words. Must be nice to be able to express yourself while hiding behind ink and paper.
                              Gone with the wind.

Comment

My temper when i drive ugh
                                I never get angry like im incapable but when i drive i get so frustrated sometimes

And i bought the wrong brand of tea what is this, taste like nothing
                                يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Working...
                                X