What made you sad today..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What made you sad today..

Some of the men of our ummah really need to get their act straight. I am just so angry at what I read in another thread....I don't mean to appear soft or sensitive but it was very upsetting to say the least how men will go so far to shame chaste sisters in this deen by means of the language and other means. Subhanallah. They don't realize what the Muslim sisters of today go through from all areas of life. And the least they can do when our sisters are being raped, violated, and their men being killed overseas is to brag about how in order to bullet proof their potential's claims of chastity they'll ask her in front of the parents and make her swear while holding the Quran. That is just sick.

They have no ability to defend our sisters with their properties and lives...and not only to do they choose to abuse the brothers who do so, they also choose to abuse those users who try to disagree with their ways. I truly hope the future fathers of our ummah do not have the mentality like that I have seen. Because it's just....I can't even explain properly without feeling a bit saddened.

I dare them to suffer the pain of childbirth. Unlike being beaten or suffocated...childbirth is a 'natural' thing and I've been told by mothers it's three times the pain of death. I dare any Muslim brother to suffer even a little of what their mothers have been through to give birth to them.

If they think they are all that why don't they remove the 'glass ceiling' situation in the west where women who are far more qualified are pushed lower and men who are less qualified reach the highest positions of the workplace, resulting in 50% of women in the workforce being harassed. I dare them.

I dare them to even try to understand the cultural garbage that opposes Islam that us sisters deal with in everyday lives with patience. None of us sisters ever agreed to a contract where the birth of a girl should be the cause of tears for parents because they wanted a boy...none of us ever agreed that some of us should be cut and sewed up and changed just for being a woman. None of us agree that we should get stalked by boys at our school, be cornered or anything and be blamed for it even though we did every possible thing. We reported, complained, covered ourselves properly, stayed away from boys and still get this garbage because of the society we have been raised in, because of how our world is, and in some ways, has always been.

We then have those men willing to label an entire population of sisters in the west as unchaste. Or that they'd never marry revert sisters because they are all this or that. Shame on those brothers seriosuly... not to even mention the other statements that are so upsetting I'd rather not mention it here. Subhanallah. I don't get it at all. Why don't they become real men and try to stop the poverty worldwide or stop domestic violence? Why don't they fight for the honor of Muslim women or the women of the world....why don't they at least care enough about their sisters to understand these things?

One of these days I'm gonna make a thread about this. There's a reason sisters my age tend to join feminist clubs and organizations. There's a reason. And if there's nothing that clashes with our deen in taht regard I support them because apparently the number of men who truly care about the wellbeing of sisters today are few. Some care only about themselves and won't watch what's coming out of their mouths. Subhanallah.

I thank Allah for giving me Islam. Only Allah speaks for us, our Lord. Sisters remember that always and don't be angry like I have become when you come across these things. Remember Allah knows us better.
    Thee do we worship, and Thine aid we seek.

Comment

Originally posted by Figs View Post
      Some of the men of our ummah really need to get their act straight. I am just so angry at what I read in another thread....I don't mean to appear soft or sensitive but it was very upsetting to say the least how men will go so far to shame chaste sisters in this deen by means of the language and other means. Subhanallah. They don't realize what the Muslim sisters of today go through from all areas of life. And the least they can do when our sisters are being raped, violated, and their men being killed overseas is to brag about how in order to bullet proof their potential's claims of chastity they'll ask her in front of the parents and make her swear while holding the Quran. That is just sick.

They have no ability to defend our sisters with their properties and lives...and not only to do they choose to abuse the brothers who do so, they also choose to abuse those users who try to disagree with their ways. I truly hope the future fathers of our ummah do not have the mentality like that I have seen. Because it's just....I can't even explain properly without feeling a bit saddened.

I dare them to suffer the pain of childbirth. Unlike being beaten or suffocated...childbirth is a 'natural' thing and I've been told by mothers it's three times the pain of death. I dare any Muslim brother to suffer even a little of what their mothers have been through to give birth to them.

If they think they are all that why don't they remove the 'glass ceiling' situation in the west where women who are far more qualified are pushed lower and men who are less qualified reach the highest positions of the workplace, resulting in 50% of women in the workforce being harassed. I dare them.

I dare them to even try to understand the cultural garbage that opposes Islam that us sisters deal with in everyday lives with patience. None of us sisters ever agreed to a contract where the birth of a girl should be the cause of tears for parents because they wanted a boy...none of us ever agreed that some of us should be cut and sewed up and changed just for being a woman. None of us agree that we should get stalked by boys at our school, be cornered or anything and be blamed for it even though we did every possible thing. We reported, complained, covered ourselves properly, stayed away from boys and still get this garbage because of the society we have been raised in, because of how our world is, and in some ways, has always been.

We then have those men willing to label an entire population of sisters in the west as unchaste. Or that they'd never marry revert sisters because they are all this or that. Shame on those brothers seriosuly... not to even mention the other statements that are so upsetting I'd rather not mention it here. Subhanallah. I don't get it at all. Why don't they become real men and try to stop the poverty worldwide or stop domestic violence? Why don't they fight for the honor of Muslim women or the women of the world....why don't they at least care enough about their sisters to understand these things?

One of these days I'm gonna make a thread about this. There's a reason sisters my age tend to join feminist clubs and organizations. There's a reason. And if there's nothing that clashes with our deen in taht regard I support them because apparently the number of men who truly care about the wellbeing of sisters today are few. Some care only about themselves and won't watch what's coming out of their mouths. Subhanallah.

I thank Allah for giving me Islam. Only Allah speaks for us, our Lord. Sisters remember that always and don't be angry like I have become when you come across these things. Remember Allah knows us better.
      Subhannallah sister I actually thought about making a thread about this. Zero ahlaq zero haya talking about our sisters in islam as if they were just a piece of meat
      I hate ummah forum at times and today was one of those days
      The sunnah is like the ark of Noah, whoever embarks upon it reaches salvation and whoever refuses is drowned.
      ~ Imam Malik (may Allah have mercy on him)

Comment

Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
        Subhannallah sister I actually thought about making a thread about this. Zero ahlaq zero haya talking about our sisters in islam as if they were just a piece of meat
        I hate ummah forum at times and today was one of those days
        ^Agree. Some shocking things being said. Real lack of hayaa and respect.
        LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
        -------------------------------
        "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
        NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

Comment

• Something is wrong with me and I don't know what..

I just feel so emotional, moody and stressed. :(
          إقراء القران فإنه يأتي يوم القيامة شفيعا لأصحابه

Comment

Figs, UF boys, what do you expect?

Anyways, on other news, today has been the worst day of my life. I am so glad to be home.
            O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity~ Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya

Comment

Originally posted by *sheba* View Post

Anyways, on other news, today has been the worst day of my life. I am so glad to be home.
              That bad huh?
              The sunnah is like the ark of Noah, whoever embarks upon it reaches salvation and whoever refuses is drowned.

Comment

Why does it hurt so much. Why. And when will it not.
                Indeed we belong to Allah,
                and indeed to Him we will return.

Quran 2:156

Comment

decision making sucks

Comment

Originally posted by ninety1daisies View Post
                    Why does it hurt so much. Why. And when will it not.
                    5. It was reported from ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Mas’ood that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “No person suffers any anxiety or grief, and says:

للّهُـمَّ إِنِّي عَبْـدُكَ ابْنُ عَبْـدِكَ ابْنُ أَمَتِـكَ نَاصِيَتِي بِيَـدِكَ، مَاضٍ فِيَّ حُكْمُكَ، عَدْلٌ فِيَّ قَضَاؤكَ أَسْأَلُـكَ بِكُلِّ اسْمٍ هُوَ لَكَ سَمَّـيْتَ بِهِ نَفْسَكَ أِوْ أَنْزَلْتَـهُ فِي كِتَابِكَ، أَوْ عَلَّمْـتَهُ أَحَداً مِنْ خَلْقِـكَ أَوِ اسْتَـأْثَرْتَ بِهِ فِي عِلْمِ الغَيْـبِ عِنْـدَكَ أَنْ تَجْـعَلَ القُرْآنَ رَبِيـعَ قَلْبِـي، وَنورَ صَـدْرِي وجَلَاءَ حُـزْنِي وذَهَابَ هَمِّـي

‘Allaahumma innee ‘abduka wa ibn ‘abdika wa ibn amatika, naasiyati bi yadika, maadin fiyya hukmuka, ‘adlun fiyya qadaa’uka, as’aluka bi kulli ismin huwa laka sammayta bihi nafsaka aw anzaltahu fi kitaabika aw ‘allamtahu ahadan min khalqika aw ista’tharta bihi fi ‘ilm il-ghaybi ‘andak an taj’ala al-Qur’aana rabee’ qalbi wa noor sadri wa jalaa’a huzni wa dhahaaba hammi’

“O Allaah, I am Your slave, son of Your slave, son of Your female slave, my forelock is in Your hand, Your command over me is forever executed and Your decree over me is just. I ask You by every Name belonging to You which You named Yourself with, or revealed in Your Book, or You taught to any of Your creation, or You have preserved in the knowledge of the unseen with You, that You make the Qur’aan the life of my heart and the light of my breast, and a departure for my sorrow and a release for my anxiety”

but Allaah will take away his sorrow and grief, and give him in their stead joy.” (Ahmad 1/391)

Comment

Anyone feeling sad, or hurt or depressed, or anxious, or nervous, or anything you don't want to feel, may Allah make it easy for you. Ameen.

Comment

When you can't even cry because you've become so numb to the situation.

Comment

Originally posted by *sheba* View Post

So you gona generalise all UF boys now...

Comment

Originally posted by Deeni Akh View Post
                            So you gona generalise all UF boys now...
                            Ikr..

Comment

Oh my :rotfl:

"Mussolini" is trending.

Why?

Because Donald Trump quoted him.

Let's see if he quotes Stalin or Mao or maybe even Hitler next.

Comment

Football was such a let down today. Wasted 2 hours smh.
                                They say good things come to those who wait, so imma be at least an hour late

Comment

Working...
                                X