What made you sad today..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So much stress .... So much worry....
    The Messenger of Allah ﷺ said: “It will be said to the companion of the Qur’an: ‘Read, and ascend, and recite as you used to recite in the [previous] world, for your status will be according to the last verse that you recite.’” [At-Tirmidhi (2914) and Abu Dawood (1464)]

Comment

• Re: What made you sad today..

Hmm :(

Comment

Struggles :(

Comment

Originally posted by InTheBegining View Post
          We have our ups and downs everyday. Some are good some and some are not the best of days Alhamdulilah. It is always good to talk about how you feel. Get it out there, so we can all support one another.

So? what made you sad today?

Comment

Originally posted by saaemah View Post
            sleep paralysis
            it is the most horrible experience you could ever imagine..

Imagine, if you will, the following scenario: you’ve fallen asleep as usual after a long day. You hope you’ll have pleasant dreams and wake up the next morning feeling refreshed. But instead of waking up peacefully in the morning ready to groggily hit the snooze button, you awaken at an unknown time in the middle of the night.

Two things immediately spring to mind: you can’t move – at all.
            You feel a weight on your chest, pressing you down and preventing you from sitting up. But it’s worse than that – you can’t move your arms or legs. You can’t even move your lips to call out for help.You're literally trapped!

the worse part was... the fact that i could actually see myself and my surroundings very clearly, but no matter how hard your try to move out of bed, and wake up you just can't.

I had CONTINUOUS episodes of this today morning - It scared the life out of me
            now i'm scared to even fall asleep
            sleep with wudhu
            Read ayatul kursi
            Read 4 Quls, and blow over yourself with hands.

Sleep on clean bedsheet and being clean as well.
            sleep facing right

It happens sometimes.
            Never have I dealt with anything more difficult than my own soul, which sometime helps me and sometime opposes me

Comment

Originally posted by saaemah View Post
              sleep paralysis
              it is the most horrible experience you could ever imagine..

Imagine, if you will, the following scenario: you’ve fallen asleep as usual after a long day. You hope you’ll have pleasant dreams and wake up the next morning feeling refreshed. But instead of waking up peacefully in the morning ready to groggily hit the snooze button, you awaken at an unknown time in the middle of the night.

Two things immediately spring to mind: you can’t move – at all.
              You feel a weight on your chest, pressing you down and preventing you from sitting up. But it’s worse than that – you can’t move your arms or legs. You can’t even move your lips to call out for help.You're literally trapped!

the worse part was... the fact that i could actually see myself and my surroundings very clearly, but no matter how hard your try to move out of bed, and wake up you just can't.

I had CONTINUOUS episodes of this today morning - It scared the life out of me
              now i'm scared to even fall asleep
              Never felt that in my life alhamdulilah...
              Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see.

Comment

I do talk. Talk a lot unnecessarily!
                And whatever you have of favor - it is from Allah. Then when adversity touches you, to Him you cry for help

[an-Nahl 16:53].

Comment

what made me sad today....

Comment

Wanna get a new car.
                    They say good things come to those who wait, so imma be at least an hour late

Comment

One tip that works:

While you're 'trapped' in the 'sleep paralysis' imagine you're reciting Ayatul kursi, it works everytime.

Comment

Problem in my life is I need others approval/validation in life 'cause I see myself as a nobody.

And even if I see myself as a somebody and not care what others think, they'll not care and I eventually try and seek their attention and approval 'cause I see myself as a nobody compared to them. Like they live life happier than me at any point.
                        Sisters shouldn't respond to me.

Comment

Originally posted by aabdall 79 View Post
                          Problem in my life is I need others approval/validation in life 'cause I see myself as a nobody.

And even if I see myself as a somebody and not care what others think, they'll not care and I eventually try and seek their attention and approval 'cause I see myself as a nobody compared to them. Like they live life happier than me at any point.
                          "Be not, then, faint of heart, and grieve not for you are bound to rise high if you are [truly] believers."

{3:139}

Your station with people doesn't matter, if you truly believe, you are the highest in status in the eyes of Allah swt and that's what matters.

Comment

why weaken yourself that much to be in the hands of somebody else? Everyone loves to be appreciated, it's human nature, but don't spend so much time on what others are thinking of you, but rather focus on what you can do for others. You don't need anyone else's approval or validation because every single person will have their own opinion of u and one day they may think one day and another day, another. That's humans for u - one day they could build you up onto the highest mountains and other days they could make u fall to pieces. Why would u give someone that power or that control? Ask Allah swt to strengthen u and make His pleasure more important to u than anything else.

Your validation should be from Allah swt and hoping for His rewards - 'the world is like a shadow: run after it and you will never be able to catch it; turn your back against it and it has no choice but to follow you' ibn qayyim

Comment

yeh, that's happened to me too, I just can't move, it's really freaky

but Alhamdulillah do as the brothers have advised, I can't move my hands or body so I just try to say it
                              'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

You need to refocus brother. Completely change your mind frame. This is very much possible by the way.

Do you benefit from thinking like this? No. Does it hurt you? Yes. Can you stop feeling like this? Yes, with the help of Allah. What's stopping you? From an objective perspective, you are stopping yourself from getting better. You are hindering your own progress. Many of us do this, including myself. But this can be sorted and worked upon.

Every single person in the world can give you amazing advice but it's worthless if you do not see the wisdom behind it and implement it. Open your mind brother and see how you can take all of the advice given to you and use it to benefit yourself.
                                "O mankind, indeed the promise of Allāh is truth, so let not the worldly life delude you..."

[Al-Qur'ān, 35:5]

Comment

Working...
                                X