• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What made you sad today..

Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
    Been sick, Alhamdulilah for everything though
    Make dua for me
    May Allah cure you and let this illness wash away all your sins, ameen.

Hope you feel better soon
    O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity~ Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya

Comment

hearing my brother say sh1t about my dad's side of the family in back home. how the kids left in our "bari" are not trustable and in few years we will have no reason to visit back home so no point fixing up my grandpa's old house. If we decide to visit back home we should rent apt in city...etc no point going back to village & catching up with our roots because the new generation doesn't know us nor do they have any family loyalty toward us because again they don't know us & the old generation who remember us are dying one by one. so close that chapter and just focus on our immediate family/1st cousin. The people left in our village "bari" are 2nd cousins. I guess 2nd cousins are too far to be family.

I know what he is saying is truth but it hurts because I spent my childhood in that "bari". I remember there was 4 of us kids in the bari, back then I didn't know what 1st cousin and 2nd cousin was. .everyone was one big family & regardless of how crazy they were, they were my only family. But time has changed and our view of "family" has narrowed. Granted I don't know 90% of the people in that village, granted most of the kids in that bari were born after I moved to US and they are as much stranger to me as any neighbor in town. But realizing we are on the process of giving up our root hurts. its like I was a tree that got cut & used for furniture. I enjoy my new functionality and being part of the world instead of stuck in a forest but it was nice to know my tree trunk and root was still in specific location, right where I left off. But now everyone is talking about pulling the trunk off, ripping my roots out.

I know life is all about change. who knows how long my family lived in that village, where my ancestor were before they settled in this specific area and where we are going in future. We are all traveler/nomads in this world. but it still makes me sad hearing all this talk.

Comment

At work, we do blind taste tests to amuse ourselves during breaks. This week it was Cracked Black Pepper Oat Crackers. We each brought in a packet. I brought in Nairns. Others brought in Asda, Tesco, M&S and Pattersons I think it was.

For lunch we had cheese and crackers and voted on texture/taste alone without knowing the brand.

I'm such a foodie snob......but I voted the best taste and texture crackers were...... Asda

Comment

Originally posted by ~Umar~ View Post
          a

LOL :rotfl:
          "Let the days do as they please
          And be optimistic when destiny decrees
          Do not despair due to the events of the past
          For the events of this world were not meant to last"

- Imam Shafi'i

Comment

*Checks the news*

"Storm Frank has hit Scotland tonight"

Don't you mean we got battered tonight :rotfl:

Comment

Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
              Been sick, Alhamdulilah for everything though
              Make dua for me
              May Allah swt grant you great health and may he cure you.

Ameen to any other duas concerning this.

Comment

Originally posted by brightesthour View Post
                Just frustrated with everything......

everything is pulling me away from Islam and I'm getting tired of fighting. Don't think I'll be a Muslim for much longer tbh

Hell if you could even call me one now.

Stop being emo and weak, keep fighting the good fight! Don't give in to the kufr and sin, it ain't gonna be easy but who said this life is supposed to be easy?

Ask Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala for forgiveness sincerely and try your best to not do whatever you're repenting from, and insha'Allah you will be forgiven.
                "Allah's choicest people are those whom His fear has driven to absolute silence although they are neither helpless nor dumb. Rather they are possessors of eloquence and have power to speak and sense to understand. But constant glorification of Allah's name has so overpossessed their wits that their hearts are overawed and their lips sealed. When they get established in this stage they hasten towards righteoussness."

Comment

Just frustrated with everything......

everything is pulling me away from Islam and I'm getting tired of fighting. Don't think I'll be a Muslim for much longer tbh

Hell if you could even call me one now.

do you want to Skype?

On Friday?

let me know, but I hope you can understand my accent though! lol
                  'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Uf
                    "Don't be too perfect; no one will want to talk to you. Maintain a flaw or two to keep yourself approachable." -My guide to being amazing

Comment

Originally posted by -Yassar View Post
                      Stop being emo and weak, keep fighting the good fight! Don't give in to the kufr and sin, it ain't gonna be easy but who said this life is supposed to be easy?

Ask Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala for forgiveness sincerely and try your best to not do whatever you're repenting from, and insha'Allah you will be forgiven.
                      I can assure you I'm not being emo.

Weak yes..emo no..

My whole life is a sin...everything I do. People will give me advice and say "do this and that" but I won't do it. I think once I become more stable, if I become more stable, I can come back to Islam and be a lot stronger. But now, I can't. I refuse to call myself a Muslim if I'm not even praying. Yes I believe in one God and that Muhammad PBUH is the final messenger, but I don't put my belief into action. I'm too scared about what people will think of me. What kind of Muslim is that?

Same things I always complain about, but if Allah decides to take my life away before I can become a better Muslim than so be it.

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
                      do you want to Skype?

On Friday?

let me know, but I hope you can understand my accent though! lol
                      You mean well and I'd say yes, but any advice I get right now I won't do. I don't want to burden you.

But I appreciate it a lot.

Comment

Can't find the eyebrow thread :(
                        Indeed we belong to Allah,
                        and indeed to Him we will return.

Quran 2:156

Comment

Extremely overwhelmed with everything. I wish we could take a break from life.
                          "Let the days do as they please
                          And be optimistic when destiny decrees
                          Do not despair due to the events of the past
                          For the events of this world were not meant to last"

- Imam Shafi'i

Comment

:salams

It's one of them days. Alhamdulillah I don't have them often but, today is one of them....it's just like GRRRR.....

I'm good, I'm fine but everything in me is like GGRRRRR....

I didn't attend kickboxing for weeks now so, maybe that's it.

and I need a purpose in life which is making me feel a bit GGRRRR as well

Comment

I can assure you I'm not being emo.

Weak yes..emo no..

My whole life is a sin...everything I do. People will give me advice and say "do this and that" but I won't do it. I think once I become more stable, if I become more stable, I can come back to Islam and be a lot stronger. But now, I can't. I refuse to call myself a Muslim if I'm not even praying. Yes I believe in one God and that Muhammad PBUH is the final messenger, but I don't put my belief into action. I'm too scared about what people will think of me. What kind of Muslim is that?

Same things I always complain about, but if Allah decides to take my life away before I can become a better Muslim than so be it.

You mean well and I'd say yes, but any advice I get right now I won't do. I don't want to burden you.

But I appreciate it a lot.
                              That's alright

I actually meant some chat, just general chat about things because everyone falls now and then, it's like a rollercoaster. Not necessarily religion though. Most born Muslims can relate to what you are saying.

You'd be surprised, even people with knowledge can do things that will make you baffled.
                              'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

My brain is literally fried. Studied for 5 hours straight and I think I lost brain cells.

Comment

Working...
                                X