Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What made you sad today..

Originally posted by Figs View Post
    Lol I'm sorry guys, I was studying and so logged out for a bit, didn't realize you guys quoted me.

Yeah, it's really really dumb......

I kinda, I really want to wear niqab. Like I really want to. Lots of sisters here have done it effortlessly, iRep, F-R, vildan, etc.
    I don't know what's wrong with me....why I am so nervous about this.....:(
    Even revert sisters I've conversed with on forum before have done it right after reverting to Islam...
    Why am I so....apprehensive?

Oh well. I have issues.
    MashaaAllah sis you an do it InshaaAllah! :) One day I want to start wearing the niqaab too InshaaAllah. I'm trying to take little steps at a time because when I started wearing hijab satan seriously bugged me a lot. I recently started wearing a jilbab but I'm already struggling with it so much :( At first the comments about dressing up "too religiously" didn't make me that sad but the last few weeks I'm starting to get weird thoughts. It's as if people are embarrassed to be with me because they tell me not to wear it while I'm with them. When I wear it they're like no no put something else on and try so hard to convince me. Even when I just wore the hijab everyone kept saying I'm getting too religious and I should enjoy my youth and dress up like all the young girls do Satan is playing with my mind a lot these days. With everything not just this and I'm failing so bad :( Audhubillah
    "Let the days do as they please
    And be optimistic when destiny decrees
    Do not despair due to the events of the past
    For the events of this world were not meant to last"

- Imam Shafi'i

Comment

I'm in a very bad mood today for no particular reason

- Imam Shafi'i

Comment

Can you see my signature i put it in but i cant see it
        :lemo:

Comment

Originally posted by Intuition View Post
          Can you see my signature i put it in but i cant see it
          Yes! It says "...Have courage and be kind..." :)

- Imam Shafi'i

Comment

Originally posted by Lavender View Post
            Yes! It says "...Have courage and be kind..." :)
            Thanks sister I can see it now too yay. :)

:jkk:
            :lemo:

Comment

Originally posted by Intuition View Post
              Thanks sister I can see it now too yay. :)

:jkk:
              Wa iyaak :)

- Imam Shafi'i

Comment

MashaaAllah sis you an do it InshaaAllah! :) One day I want to start wearing the niqaab too InshaaAllah. I'm trying to take little steps at a time because when I started wearing hijab satan seriously bugged me a lot. I recently started wearing a jilbab but I'm already struggling with it so much :( At first the comments about dressing up "too religiously" didn't make me that sad but the last few weeks I'm starting to get weird thoughts. It's as if people are embarrassed to be with me because they tell me not to wear it while I'm with them. When I wear it they're like no no put something else on and try so hard to convince me. Even when I just wore the hijab everyone kept saying I'm getting too religious and I should enjoy my youth and dress up like all the young girls do Satan is playing with my mind a lot these days. With everything not just this and I'm failing so bad :( Audhubillah
                Insha allah, jazakullahu khairan sister.
                I feel like it's going to be one big major awkward change. Like my Quran teacher is a male, so it'll be weird having my face covered when he's been seeing my face for ages. Also at my age group it would be considered very....weird, and most of my peers are still stuck in that YOLO mentality.
                And some other issues too....these are the least of my worries tbh, the ones I mentioned. I have lab, and yea to have non mahram students see my face that time and not in regular lecture is a bit worrying too.....

I know how you feel about the hijab thing sis. When I started wearing the flowy longer hijabs I felt like some people in my family just wanted me to wear the short colorful scarves instead to show off 'how I look'.

Thank you sister. With the recent tensions I have been noticing lately yea, it's been even more worrying. But Allah knows best. It's better for me dunya wise and akhirah too. I guess I should just do it, it won't kill me after all. :o Never thought I would be selfconscious, subhanallah.

If a revert sister was able to don it cold turkey right after shahadah then who am I to fear other than Allah when I've been taught my whole life to fear none but Him?
                Thee do we worship, and Thine aid we seek.

Comment

I'm in a very bad mood today for no particular reason
                  Women -_-

i started to change my perspective on women , i think Allah swt made them moody/emotional/wtver because they are the one who raise kids and have emothional understanding and all that good stuff. Imagine having two dads, that would be horrible lol .. not like gay dads but two normal men.
                  The Prophet (saw) advised to: “Take benefit of five before five: Your youth before your old age, your health before your sickness, your wealth before your poverty, your free time before you are preoccupied, and your life before your death
                  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgE...kS-Qi3nf3tcvPw

Comment

Insha allah, jazakullahu khairan sister.
                    I feel like it's going to be one big major awkward change. Like my Quran teacher is a male, so it'll be weird having my face covered when he's been seeing my face for ages. Also at my age group it would be considered very....weird, and most of my peers are still stuck in that YOLO mentality.
                    And some other issues too....these are the least of my worries tbh, the ones I mentioned. I have lab, and yea to have non mahram students see my face that time and not in regular lecture is a bit worrying too.....

I know how you feel about the hijab thing sis. When I started wearing the flowy longer hijabs I felt like some people in my family just wanted me to wear the short colorful scarves instead to show off 'how I look'.

Thank you sister. With the recent tensions I have been noticing lately yea, it's been even more worrying. But Allah knows best. It's better for me dunya wise and akhirah too. I guess I should just do it, it won't kill me after all. :o Never thought I would be selfconscious, subhanallah.

If a revert sister was able to don it cold turkey right after shahadah then who am I to fear other than Allah when I've been taught my whole life to fear none but Him?
                    Wa iyaak sis. Exactly right, it's better for the duniya and the akhirah. MashaaAllah so many revert sisters start wearing niqaabs right away and it's really motivational. The revert brothers and sisters do the other religious things so well too even if their surroundings make it hard for them SubhanAllah. It's so heartwarming to see all that :) I know what you mean about it being kind of weird lol but I guess if we keep fighting it we can eventually get used to it :) InshaaAllah

Lets work hard to please the Almighty and stop fearing others except for Him like you said InshaaAllah. Only He'll be judging us in the after life so we should only worry about what He thinks. *sigh* stupid satan makes is so hard though but we have to kick him to another planet and do it for Allah's sake. I feel motivated all of a sudden Alhamdulillah! May Allah remove your worries and make you successful in achieving your goals ameen :)

Originally posted by Ibn Taleb View Post
                    Women -_-

i started to change my perspective on women , i think Allah swt made them moody/emotional/wtver because they are the one who raise kids and have emothional understanding and all that good stuff. Imagine having two dads, that would be horrible lol .. not like gay dads but two normal men.
                    Haha yeah we get random mood swings @)

Allah gave each gender special capabilities which the other gender doesn't have (they have the understanding of certain things which the opposite gender doesn't too) and it really helps when building a family Alhamdulillah. It would be strange if it was a different way. If that made sense

- Imam Shafi'i

Comment

You know that awesome feeling where you go to bed, fall straight asleep, sleep the whole night then wake up refreshed and ready to start the day?
                      Yeah me neither
                      "My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

Comment

Lol I'm sorry guys, I was studying and so logged out for a bit, didn't realize you guys quoted me.

Yeah, it's really really dumb......

I kinda, I really want to wear niqab. Like I really want to. Lots of sisters here have done it effortlessly, iRep, F-R, vildan, etc.
                        I don't know what's wrong with me....why I am so nervous about this.....:(
                        Even revert sisters I've conversed with on forum before have done it right after reverting to Islam...
                        Why am I so....apprehensive?

Oh well. I have issues.
                        It's not effortless, each person probably has their story of how it was when they started.
                        Don't bring yourself down so much, it's all part of the process lol. One day you have to just put it on, walk out and not look back. Ignore whatever thoughts come into your head.
                        شَكَوْتُ إلَى وَكِيعٍ سُوءَ حِفْظِي
                        فَأرْشَدَنِي إلَى تَرْكِ المعَاصي
                        وَأخْبَرَنِي بأَنَّ العِلْمَ نُورٌ
                        ونورُ الله لا يهدى لعاصي

Comment

Haha yeah we get random mood swings @)
                          :rofl1:
                          Indeed we belong to Allah,
                          and indeed to Him we will return.

Quran 2:156

Comment

Got work to do and prepare but i'm already 4 days behind.
                            Feel depressed, don't want to do anything
                            شَكَوْتُ إلَى وَكِيعٍ سُوءَ حِفْظِي
                            فَأرْشَدَنِي إلَى تَرْكِ المعَاصي
                            وَأخْبَرَنِي بأَنَّ العِلْمَ نُورٌ
                            ونورُ الله لا يهدى لعاصي

Comment

Originally posted by ninety1daisies View Post
                              :rofl1:
                              Lol :cool-new:

- Imam Shafi'i

Comment

So like, imagine making some cupcakes by pouring your heart into it and the whole house smells oh so delicious that you just can't wait to eat em :love: You're like so excited to take a huge bite out of one of your gorgeous little cupcakes and when you take a bite OMG THEY'RE SUPER SALTY. It was awful :disgust: I accidentally measured salt instead of sugar. I had a feeling I was doing something wrong and it was totally that! I have no idea how I made that mistake though because they're in noticeably different jars. I guess I just blanked out? My cupcakes
                                Last edited by Lavender; 14-12-15, 04:30 PM.

- Imam Shafi'i

Comment

Working...
                                X