Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What made you sad today..

Originally posted by Muslima London View Post
    Sad coz I was talking to my daughter about her friends.
    She has one Muslim friend who eats pork, another who thi is alcohol is ok to drink and another whose sisters dress in really really tight clothes.

I really really pray that she has diff friends when she goes to secondary coz I don't want her hanging around eith girls like that.

I also worry about this mid guidance from other Muslims.

So wait she's in primary and this is going on? Wow. Just wow.
    8 powerful habits to succeed

1. Wake up early!
    2. Do it as soon as possible, you could die tonight so make the best of today
    3. Remember your life is unique, don't compare yourself to others. Use that jealousy as an energy to make your life a success"
    4. Have healthy habits. Set a time each day to exercise. Try with the mindset you're only going to do some jumping jacks for 5 seconds and the next thing you know, you're doing a workout!
    5. Read, read, read. Ponder over the Qur'an, learn more. Put the idiot box (TV) away
    6. Take note. Desires make slaves out of kings and patience makes kings out of slaves.
    7. Results aren't just worldly. Results are also about perseverance, retaining dignity, being honest, being honourable, doing good unto others.
    8. Always encourage others especially our brothers and sisters, let them know making mistakes is okay, we all make mistakes, do not ever undermine them and make them feel incompetent. This is also true for the dunya, so what if they don't get the maths sum right the first time, that is what LEARNING is.

NEW UPDATE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJubtizAEfU

Watch this when you're distressed!

Comment

That upset me all the time.
      just do what you can. If you are originally from a 3rd world country - Pakistan right - then make sure you send back money to those who are in need, but not to everyone who asks. usually the one who ask are the greedy ones who have got enough but want more. Try to search the deserving poor out.

Instead of sponsoring an orphan through a charity, sponsor them directly (if its within your mean, but your like 17 rightt???) and ensure they get an education.

invest money in empowerment projects - muslim hands do a really good one. These help the poor to make their own living instead of relying on others.

Above all, make dua that their situation changes.

sometimes we see poverty and lack of wealth, and we feel sorry for them. It might be that they are laughing at us. If they are content with what they have (however little), then its they who are richer then us.
      Pakistan, my family Alhamdullilah are doing okay, it's just the constant load-shedding which is pain in the backside and on top of that, the mafia and the growing insecurity. Of course, that doesn't mean the entire nation is doing okay, a lot of people require help there, a lot.

1. Wake up early!
      3. Remember your life is unique, don't compare yourself to others. Use that jealousy as an energy to make your life a success"
      4. Have healthy habits. Set a time each day to exercise. Try with the mindset you're only going to do some jumping jacks for 5 seconds and the next thing you know, you're doing a workout!
      5. Read, read, read. Ponder over the Qur'an, learn more. Put the idiot box (TV) away
      6. Take note. Desires make slaves out of kings and patience makes kings out of slaves.
      7. Results aren't just worldly. Results are also about perseverance, retaining dignity, being honest, being honourable, doing good unto others.
      8. Always encourage others especially our brothers and sisters, let them know making mistakes is okay, we all make mistakes, do not ever undermine them and make them feel incompetent. This is also true for the dunya, so what if they don't get the maths sum right the first time, that is what LEARNING is.

NEW UPDATE

Comment

Originally posted by Magic. View Post
        So wait she's in primary and this is going on? Wow. Just wow.
        Clearly their parents aren't practising. 2 are afghan and 1 is Lebanese. The mothers are very modern looking
        Another girl she is friends with is an atheist n my daughter is starting secondary school with her next year

Just makes me realise the many challenges we face as parents

Sprinkles - very wise to make her a stronger person within herself
        Ibnul Qayyim رحمه الله said: "Don’t ruin your happiness with worry, and don’t ruin your mind with pessimism. Don’t ruin your success with deception and don’t ruin the optimism of others by destroying it. Don’t ruin your day by looking back at yesterday.
        __________________________________________________ _____________________________
        If you think about your situation, you will find that Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) has given you things without asking, so have trust in Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) that He doesn’t prevent anything you want except there is goodness for you.

You could be sleeping and the doors of the heavens are being opened with dua’as being made on your behalf, SubhanAllaah: perhaps from someone poor whom you helped, or someone sad whom you brought joy, or someone passing by and you smiled at him, or someone in distress and you removed it.. so don’t ever underestimate any good deeds."

please donate to the Ummah forum sadaqa jariya project. Click on the link for for more information, and to make a donation- https://www.justgiving.com/sadaqah-jariyah-project/

Comment

Clearly their parents aren't practising. 2 are afghan and 1 is Lebanese. The mothers are very modern looking
          Another girl she is friends with is an atheist n my daughter is starting secondary school with her next year

Just makes me realise the many challenges we face as parents

Sprinkles - very wise to make her a stronger person within herself

Wallah, not that I sympathise with haram or anything but I can understand drinking or doing all this dirty business when you're older like from yr10 but not in primary school? They're supposed to be innocent children.

1. Wake up early!

NEW UPDATE

Comment

The kids aren't drinking but they are seeing it at parties and because these are Muslim wedding parties, they are assuming its ok

This gives confusing messages to my kids coz they have been brought up to believe pork/ alcohol is haram and can't understand why other Muslim people do this
            Ibnul Qayyim رحمه الله said: "Don’t ruin your happiness with worry, and don’t ruin your mind with pessimism. Don’t ruin your success with deception and don’t ruin the optimism of others by destroying it. Don’t ruin your day by looking back at yesterday.
            __________________________________________________ _____________________________
            If you think about your situation, you will find that Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) has given you things without asking, so have trust in Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) that He doesn’t prevent anything you want except there is goodness for you.

You could be sleeping and the doors of the heavens are being opened with dua’as being made on your behalf, SubhanAllaah: perhaps from someone poor whom you helped, or someone sad whom you brought joy, or someone passing by and you smiled at him, or someone in distress and you removed it.. so don’t ever underestimate any good deeds."

please donate to the Ummah forum sadaqa jariya project. Click on the link for for more information, and to make a donation- https://www.justgiving.com/sadaqah-jariyah-project/

Comment

The kids aren't drinking but they are seeing it at parties and because these are Muslim wedding parties, they are assuming its ok

This gives confusing messages to my kids coz they have been brought up to believe pork/ alcohol is haram and can't understand why other Muslim people do this
              Oh okay. Yes I understood now. Not really amazing, Muslims sin (remember two Muslims upset at red wine being wasted in a science experiment) but of course, we don't want any of them go near it, especially those who we know and love.

1. Wake up early!

NEW UPDATE

Comment

miss my dad :(

Comment

Originally posted by Slave4akhirah View Post
                  miss my dad :(
                  :there:

لا تفكر كثيرا
                  بل استغفر كثيرا

-------------------------------------------------------
                  The children need your prayers more than anyone else
                  -------------------------------------------------------
                  www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by F_R View Post
                    :there:
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	this.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	10740449

Comment

I just read on another forum how one of the brothers lost his wife to cancer a few days. :(

Do not think of minor sins as insignificant, for mountains are made out of pebbles.

Comment

Nothing. Alhamdulillaah.
                        So which of the favors of your Lord would you deny? (55:16)

Comment

I could be doing much better job at keeping the ties of kinship
                          "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

Comment

I wish I have more friends who remind me of Allah . Everyone's getting married and moving away, I kind of feel lonely now lol :(

Comment

The day has barely started, yet I've woken up to a petty argument over clothes. Ya Allah thank Him the convo wasn't in the kitchen
                              “Whoever Allah wishes good for, He inflicts him (with hardship).” [Bukhari]

Comment

Me being not dedicated to deen like I was
                                7 Heavens and The Arsh & Kursi Of Allah - by Sheikh Ahmed Ali [HD] :up:

Subhan'Allah wa bi-hamdihi
                                Glorified is Allah with all praise due to Him:love:

Comment

Working...
                                X