What made you sad today..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What made you sad today..

Growing poverty and inequal human rights.

I just want to do something about it to help. But it's not going to be easy. May Allah help me and everyone.
    ‚ÄúAnd whatever you have of favor - it is from Allah. Then when adversity touches you, to Him you cry for help‚ÄĚ

[an-Nahl 16:53].

Comment

Originally posted by Magic. View Post
      Growing poverty and inequal human rights.

I just want to do something about it to help. But it's not going to be easy. May Allah help me and everyone.
      That upset me all the time.
      just do what you can. If you are originally from a 3rd world country - Pakistan right - then make sure you send back money to those who are in need, but not to everyone who asks. usually the one who ask are the greedy ones who have got enough but want more. Try to search the deserving poor out.

Instead of sponsoring an orphan through a charity, sponsor them directly (if its within your mean, but your like 17 rightt???) and ensure they get an education.

invest money in empowerment projects - muslim hands do a really good one. These help the poor to make their own living instead of relying on others.

Above all, make dua that their situation changes.

sometimes we see poverty and lack of wealth, and we feel sorry for them. It might be that they are laughing at us. If they are content with what they have (however little), then its they who are richer then us.
      Ibnul Qayyim رحمه الله said: "Donít ruin your happiness with worry, and donít ruin your mind with pessimism. Donít ruin your success with deception and donít ruin the optimism of others by destroying it. Donít ruin your day by looking back at yesterday.
      __________________________________________________ _____________________________
      If you think about your situation, you will find that Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) has given you things without asking, so have trust in Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) that He doesnít prevent anything you want except there is goodness for you.

You could be sleeping and the doors of the heavens are being opened with duaías being made on your behalf, SubhanAllaah: perhaps from someone poor whom you helped, or someone sad whom you brought joy, or someone passing by and you smiled at him, or someone in distress and you removed it.. so donít ever underestimate any good deeds."

please donate to the Ummah forum sadaqa jariya project. Click on the link for for more information, and to make a donation- https://www.justgiving.com/sadaqah-jariyah-project/

Comment

The word khawarij which was flying around yesterday, because everyone has their own definition and there isn't one universal meaning that everyone can agree upon. SMH
        Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see.

Comment

Originally posted by InTheBegining View Post
          The word khawarij which was flying around yesterday, because everyone has their own definition and there isn't one universal meaning that everyone can agree upon. SMH
          true

it's quite annoying actually
          "O you who have believed, shall I guide you to a transaction that will save you from a painful punishment?
          (It is that) you believe in Allah and His Messenger and strive in the cause of Allah with your wealth and your lives. That is best for you, if you should know.
          He will forgive for you your sins and admit you to gardens beneath which rivers flow and pleasant dwellings in gardens of perpetual residence. That is the great attainment"

"And (you will obtain) another (favour) that you love - victory from Allah and an imminent conquest; and give good tidings to the believers"

Comment

Gonna fail, parents will be devastated thinking it was on purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by Muslima London View Post
              Some people really take the forum seriously
              I'm guessing your not very good at detecting jokes.
              La illaha ilallah

Comment

http://forums.islamicawakening.com/f...hs-wife-62659/

Abu Taubah's wife's plea.
                Fabi-ayyiala -i rabbikuma tukaththibani
                Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr8DR8frP_s

You are not here just to fill space or to be a background character in someone else's movie. Consider this: nothing would be the same if you did not exist. Every place you have ever been and everyone you have ever spoken to would be different without you. We are all connected, and we are all affected by the decisions and even the existence of those around us.

Comment

Originally posted by blanchoir View Post
                  I'm guessing your not very good at detecting jokes.
                  Thank you for throwing doubt on my ability to understand a joke , but I'm sorry - was that a joke or an extremely distressed reaction to the derailing of the thread
                  Ibnul Qayyim رحمه الله said: "Donít ruin your happiness with worry, and donít ruin your mind with pessimism. Donít ruin your success with deception and donít ruin the optimism of others by destroying it. Donít ruin your day by looking back at yesterday.
                  __________________________________________________ _____________________________
                  If you think about your situation, you will find that Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) has given you things without asking, so have trust in Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) that He doesnít prevent anything you want except there is goodness for you.

You could be sleeping and the doors of the heavens are being opened with duaías being made on your behalf, SubhanAllaah: perhaps from someone poor whom you helped, or someone sad whom you brought joy, or someone passing by and you smiled at him, or someone in distress and you removed it.. so donít ever underestimate any good deeds."

please donate to the Ummah forum sadaqa jariya project. Click on the link for for more information, and to make a donation- https://www.justgiving.com/sadaqah-jariyah-project/

Comment

Thank you for throwing doubt on my ability to understand a joke , but I'm sorry - was that a joke or an extremely distressed reaction to the derailing of the thread
                    seriously, sister, just take a good look at that post and you tell me..
                    La illaha ilallah

Comment

Originally posted by blanchoir View Post
                      seriously, sister, just take a good look at that post and you tell me..
                      now look whose getting all serious!!!
                      I'm figuring out i'm missing something, not sure what and to be be quite honest, i don't take things like this seriously so don't really care if i get it or not.

BTW, there was a joke in my above post as well

:( Now i'm really sad coz i don't get the joke

Comment

Could be that i have a lot of love for my little brother or that i'm bit too attached to him, but the thought of him growing up actually brought mixed emotions amongst which is sadness.

لا تفكر كثيرا
                        بل استغفر كثيرا

-------------------------------------------------------
                        The children need your prayers more than anyone else
                        -------------------------------------------------------
                        www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Comment

It's never enough

This is the end
                          Beautiful friend
                          This is the end
                          My only friend, the end
                          My ♥ only lets الله‎ in
                          ĎO Allah, forgive me, have mercy upon me, guide me, give me health and grant me sustenance.í
                          ďOnce you are real you can't become unreal again. It lasts for always.Ē

Comment

is there a dua for depression and sadness?
                            DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE IF YOU DON'T KNOW ME.

Comment

Sad coz I was talking to my daughter about her friends.
                              She has one Muslim friend who eats pork, another who thi is alcohol is ok to drink and another whose sisters dress in really really tight clothes.

I really really pray that she has diff friends when she goes to secondary coz I don't want her hanging around eith girls like that.

I also worry about this mid guidance from other Muslims.

Comment

Sad coz I was talking to my daughter about her friends.
                                She has one Muslim friend who eats pork, another who thi is alcohol is ok to drink and another whose sisters dress in really really tight clothes.

I really really pray that she has diff friends when she goes to secondary coz I don't want her hanging around eith girls like that.

I also worry about this mid guidance from other Muslims.
                                Aw man.
                                Tell her that having no company is better than having bad company n if people bully her, she should bully them back :mujahida:
                                إن للمتقين مفازا

Comment

Working...
                                X