Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What made you sad today..

Originally posted by Creamcake View Post
    Haha sister, I didn't realise :) Welcome to UF. you've already left an amazing impression, Masha ' Allah
    Anyway sister, I feel really sad today. I may have to quit university (Manchester) even though I started a month ago. One of my Muslim friends told me interest is haram and her parents paid her tuition fees. I surely must quit? Islam is my first priority. Any help is greatly appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by Muslim101101 View Post
      Anyway sister, I feel really sad today. I may have to quit university (Manchester) even though I started a month ago. One of my Muslim friends told me interest is haram and her parents paid her tuition fees. I surely must quit? Islam is my first priority. Any help is greatly appreciated
      Asalamu Alaykum sis. Hey, a minute ago you were telling me not to be sad, and now you are. lol. Remember your own beneficial advice sister :) how coincidental is it that you came to me, of all people on this topic! You know why... Because I quit university last week, for the same reasons. And same here, we started a month ago too. Which course were you studying sister? And yeah that is right, Riba, interest Is haram. You know when I started uni, I didn't really know/understand that properly the first year. So Alhamdulillah atleast you know now. So yeah you got to quit sister. And good one, Islam should always be our top :) btw u have lots of options, you do realise that :) if u do wanna go university sister, you can always go next year, and save up the money, this year for the tuition fees. Also, you can always go part time, with most courses, which is 4,500 a year instead of 9,000... if that helps. Also... you can also choose to do an NHS funded course next year, and they are free. If you are interested in any of those. Also, I'm not sure if you have checked out scholarships, etc, that your university offers, sister. I know Manchester is a pretty good university, so they probably have schemes in place to help financially. I Also, remember to call SFE sister, and just to let you know, that for quitting mid term, I think its £2500 that they take for the year :( well, when I called them to explain everything, that's what they told me.. So, yeah. Also, make Du'aa and Istikhaara of course. You have so many options. Islamic education is the best as well. Like... Islamic or Aalimah courses in your area? There are also lots of accredited ones online. Summat ironic.. I got offered a scholarship to cover my whole uni tuition fees last week! I said yeah.. but I've changed my mind, I don't think I wanna go back to uni, even if its a free course. I'm just not feeling it, I would rather learn more about Islam, and counselling, the latter because I like helping ppl and giving advice, lol. Anyway, this is super long, so I will stop my essay now. Trust me sis, don't feel down at all. It is truly a blessing :) So smile, and seriously, I'm here if you are unsure about anything, because I have been through the process myself in every way imagineable loool.
      Last edited by Creamcake; 02-11-15, 01:37 AM.
      And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
      [al-An’aam 6:59]

Comment

My sister.

I wish it was easy. But giving da'wah to the family is so hard.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoha_R View Post
          My sister.

I wish it was easy. But giving da'wah to the family is so hard.
          Definitely agree sis, giving Da'wah to the family is the hardest, by far. It's hard when everything you say isn't being listened to, and it seems impossible trying to persuade people, about so many things, if you know what I mean. May Allah S.W.T make it easy amongst all of us.
          And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”

Comment

Definitely agree sis, giving Da'wah to the family is the hardest, by far. It's hard when everything you say isn't being listened to, and it seems impossible trying to persuade people, about so many things, if you know what I mean. May Allah S.W.T make it easy amongst all of us.
            Ameen. Yeah, I try not to be frustrated, but I fear modernization. I just wish she could understand. It's not okay to change Islam for your needs, Islam isn't even that flexible. Not only does she not want to become more pious, but she judges all the changes I make in myself for Islam. It's pretty upsetting. May Allah guide all of us. Ameen.

Comment

Asalamu Alaykum sis. Hey, a minute ago you were telling me not to be sad, and now you are. lol. Remember your own beneficial advice sister :) how coincidental is it that you came to me, of all people on this topic! You know why... Because I quit university last week, for the same reasons. And same here, we started a month ago too. Which course were you studying sister? And yeah that is right, Riba, interest Is haram. You know when I started uni, I didn't really know/understand that properly the first year. So Alhamdulillah atleast you know now. So yeah you got to quit sister. And good one, Islam should always be our top :) btw u have lots of options, you do realise that :) if u do wanna go university sister, you can always go next year, and save up the money, this year for the tuition fees. Also, you can always go part time, with most courses, which is 4,500 a year instead of 9,000... if that helps. Also... you can also choose to do an NHS funded course next year, and they are free. If you are interested in any of those. Also, I'm not sure if you have checked out scholarships, etc, that your university offers, sister. I know Manchester is a pretty good university, so they probably have schemes in place to help financially. I Also, remember to call SFE sister, and just to let you know, that for quitting mid term, I think its £2500 that they take for the year :( well, when I called them to explain everything, that's what they told me.. So, yeah. Also, make Du'aa and Istikhaara of course. You have so many options. Islamic education is the best as well. Like... Islamic or Aalimah courses in your area? There are also lots of accredited ones online. Summat ironic.. I got offered a scholarship to cover my whole uni tuition fees last week! I said yeah.. but I've changed my mind, I don't think I wanna go back to uni, even if its a free course. I'm just not feeling it, I would rather learn more about Islam, and counselling, the latter because I like helping ppl and giving advice, lol. Anyway, this is super long, so I will stop my essay now. Trust me sis, don't feel down at all. It is truly a blessing :) So smile, and seriously, I'm here if you are unsure about anything, because I have been through the process myself in every way imagineable loool.
              Jazaakhallah sister for your super helpful advice. sorry about quoting ur essay lol. I study sociology. But sometimes I worry about job prospects, inshaallah my future husband will help me financially. I have found out about Riba recently, and astaghfirullah, I can't believe I did not know about this. I have decided that I will most probably quit university. The day of judgement and the punishment outweigh any earthy benefits, and it's not like I study economics at Cambridge. I'll probably make the same money with or without degree in sociology. What do you study at uni?

Comment

Originally posted by Muslim101101 View Post
                Jazaakhallah sister for your super helpful advice. sorry about quoting ur essay lol. I study sociology. But sometimes I worry about job prospects, inshaallah my future husband will help me financially. I have found out about Riba recently, and astaghfirullah, I can't believe I did not know about this. I have decided that I will most probably quit university. The day of judgement and the punishment outweigh any earthy benefits, and it's not like I study economics at Cambridge. I'll probably make the same money with or without degree in sociology. What do you study at uni?
                waiyyakum sister, no worries of course. yeah, sociology isn't great for job prospects, n dw, the role of a male islamically is to provide for the household. yeah good idea, a lot of us don't know sis, because everyone around us acts like its okay, so we don't even realise that we are sinning. exactly, the Aakhirah is more important of course, yeah - there's lots of alternate qualification and work career paths that we can take. Like you said, the course and uni too, wont make an immense difference, either way, sis. well I switched a few times, never properly settled into one, really. May Allah S.W.T guide all of the ummah.

Comment

Ameen. Yeah, I try not to be frustrated, but I fear modernization. I just wish she could understand. It's not okay to change Islam for your needs, Islam isn't even that flexible. Not only does she not want to become more pious, but she judges all the changes I make in myself for Islam. It's pretty upsetting. May Allah guide all of us. Ameen.
                  I know exactly how you feel sister, and can relate entirely. its a struggle, its like.. how are we supposed to help people, if they won't listen..
                  Ameen

Comment

It feels so much later than it is. Is it acceptable if I go to bed before 8?

Comment

My birthday is coming up. Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo . I love this number
                      Last edited by *sheba*; 02-11-15, 04:59 AM.
                      O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity~ Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya

Comment

distance.
                        Indeed we belong to Allah,
                        and indeed to Him we will return.

Quran 2:156

Comment

I bet I'd be happier if I stayed off the interwebz

Comment

Feel so bad. I did something bad. It was heat of the moment. I don't think the train took money out of my card :( what should I do because otherwise I was gonna be late. I think the fine is £20 or something. What should I do? Tell the train people later or just give them £20?

لا تفكر كثيرا
                            بل استغفر كثيرا

-------------------------------------------------------
                            The children need your prayers more than anyone else
                            www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by F_R View Post
                              Feel so bad. I did something bad. It was heat of the moment. I don't think the train took money out of my card :( what should I do because otherwise I was gonna be late. I think the fine is £20 or something. What should I do? Tell the train people later or just give them £20?
                              I don't know how the UK trains work but I think you should just go back and tell the train people. If they were to fine you, maybe it will give you a bad rep.

Comment

I don't know how the UK trains work but I think you should just go back and tell the train people. If they were to fine you, maybe it will give you a bad rep.
                                What do you mean @ bad rep?

I did have money on my card but I sae the sign then tried again and went through so not sure if it took anything. What if they end up making a story out of it?

لا تفكر كثيرا
                                بل استغفر كثيرا

The children need your prayers more than anyone else
                                www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Comment

Working...
                                X