Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What made you sad today..

Originally posted by Fragile View Post
    You wanna know somein more sad.. I just discovered what a GIF is today.. So i'm trying soo hard to upload it and dude its shrinking and i.. I give up. So i'm just ganna leave it there.. Small lil GIF. The smallest GIF on ummah.com :(
    hey thats not sad man cuz here i was thinking it was just me who didnt know what it was, i only found out when peeps kept mentioning it..........i plucked up the courage and asked so yeah thats how i found out lol

i feel for you sis............give it a break for now and try again way later like couple of weeks or something :)

Comment

speaking of food, i'm really randomly craving a paratha with achar and tea
      lol, its times like this that I wish I could actually cook :(
      And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
      [al-An’aam 6:59]

Comment

Originally posted by Creamcake View Post
        Mmm sounds nice :) what is it?
        I love you, cherish you and worship you,
        Guide me on your path to your janna,
        Unite me beside you My King and all mighty,

:love:Allah:love:

Comment

Originally posted by muslimah4life1 View Post
          hey thats not sad man cuz here i was thinking it was just me who didnt know what it was, i only found out when peeps kept mentioning it..........i plucked up the courage and asked so yeah thats how i found out lol

i feel for you sis............give it a break for now and try again way later like couple of weeks or something :)
          Yea. I left it be lol... Not ganna bother anymore. I had to log off and make garlic sauce. :)

Comment

Mmm sounds nice :) what is it?
            Yeah sister so a paratha is a type of flatbread, its made out of dough, and kinda reminds me of a chappati, but a different version lol, the difference is normally coated with some ghee/oil, and fried. Feel like I've explained it so rubbishly lol. I love fried chappatis too, omg making myself so hungry lol. And sometimes they have fillings, like potato or keema (minced meat) or cheese, etc. And achar is a pickle, so I like mango and lime achar. Just read that you made garlic sauce, sounds nice :) what did you make that with?
            And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”

Comment

are u desi? lol
              "Don't be too perfect; no one will want to talk to you. Maintain a flaw or two to keep yourself approachable." -My guide to being amazing

Comment

Yeah sister so a paratha is a type of flatbread, its made out of dough, and kinda reminds me of a chappati, but a different version lol, the difference is normally coated with some ghee/oil, and fried. Feel like I've explained it so rubbishly lol. I love fried chappatis too, omg making myself so hungry lol. And sometimes they have fillings, like potato or keema (minced meat) or cheese, etc. And achar is a pickle, so I like mango and lime achar. Just read that you made garlic sauce, sounds nice :) what did you make that with?
                Mmmm sis...I'm on a strict diet but you made me so hungry... Sounds delicious! Mmmm made my mouth water lol
                Take pics and share if you can... Xx
                I made garlic sauce, so basically you get 3 small garlic and smash together with a pinch of salt, after that.. Place it in the mixer.. Add on top two eggs, only the yellow bit! Then add a bit of lemon and salt again.. Now keep mixing it togther with the electronic mixer.. While doing that, add oil very gently.. Until it's smooth and creamy.. That's it. It's so yum. You can have it with chicken, mixed grills and even steak. Xxx

Comment

Originally posted by sandman123 View Post
                  are u desi? lol
                  haha i am indeed lol, identity blown
                  you? i remember you saying you were a revert...i think. lol i may be wrong..

Comment

Mmmm sis...I'm on a strict diet but you made me so hungry... Sounds delicious! Mmmm made my mouth water lol
                    Take pics and share if you can... Xx
                    I made garlic sauce, so basically you get 3 small garlic and smash together with a pinch of salt, after that.. Place it in the mixer.. Add on top two eggs, only the yellow bit! Then add a bit of lemon and salt again.. Now keep mixing it togther with the electronic mixer.. While doing that, add oil very gently.. Until it's smooth and creamy.. That's it. It's so yum. You can have it with chicken, mixed grills and even steak. Xxx
                    hows the diet going sis? i'm supposed to be on one too lol. haha i didn't make that sadly :( i only felt like it, but i can't cook, plus its 1:30am here, lol. i do love taking food pics :) so which country u in then sis? n whats ur ethnicity? :) that sounds sooo good, thanks for the recipe, i'm going to try it insha ' allah and send a picture :) yours will be Michelin star in comparison lol. and so versatile too, what u eating with it today? btw i made myself a toastie with keema (minced meat), soft/cream cheese and sweetcorn, lol #midnightsnack

Comment

haha i am indeed lol, identity blown
                      you? i remember you saying you were a revert...i think. lol i may be wrong..
                      It takes a desi to know one. Lol.

No that wasn't me. I introduced myself in the radio show coupla days ago. I was born in Pakiland. My parents moved to 'murica when I was about 12. It's really fun to be a brown/desi especially when you're in Europe and some parts of America. The baffled and confused look on people's face trying to figure out your ethnicity. Lol
                      Last edited by sandman123; 07-10-15, 02:43 AM.
                      "Don't be too perfect; no one will want to talk to you. Maintain a flaw or two to keep yourself approachable." -My guide to being amazing

Comment

hows the diet going sis? i'm supposed to be on one too lol. haha i didn't make that sadly :( i only felt like it, but i can't cook, plus its 1:30am here, lol. i do love taking food pics :) so which country u in then sis? n whats ur ethnicity? :) that sounds sooo good, thanks for the recipe, i'm going to try it insha ' allah and send a picture :) yours will be Michelin star in comparison lol. and so versatile too, what u eating with it today? btw i made myself a toastie with keema (minced meat), soft/cream cheese and sweetcorn, lol #midnightsnack
                        Sis ya killing me with your food mentions lol... That sounds nice too mashAllah.. Mmmmmmm!
                        My diet is kinda hard, I have breakfast as usual at 7am, lunch at 1pm and dinner at 6:30pm... Nothing after that. I eat what I want but nothing at all after 6:30.. Also Iv stopped cola and anything sugary for a few weeks. We should do a thread for dieting? All sisters welcome.. We can work together on good diets and tips to avoid certain calories. What do you think?
                        Yea sis try it.. It's simple and delicious... Has a nice colour to it too.. Not plain white like the usual. I made garlic for tomorrow.. Mums making lamb shoulder and I made her a few dips on the side.
                        I'm in London sis.. You?

Comment

It takes a desi to know one. Lol.

No that wasn't me. I introduced myself in the radio show coupla days ago. I was born in Pakiland. My parents moved to 'murica when I was about 12. It's really fun to be a brown/desi especially when you're in Europe and some parts of America. The baffled and confused look on people's faces trying to figure out your ethnicity. Lol
                          ohright you see the other day you said you don't post a lot because you can be blunt (atleast i think that was you...:scratch:) I assumed you were a revert, cant remember why lol.

Ohyeah the radio show, it was pretty cool, so many Americans on there! Y'all were taking over lol, #creepy. Really, that's cool, so do you remember Pakistan..and do you miss it then? Or not really... I'm not Pakistani, and not even been back home, but I do really wanna go back home to visit relatives Insha ' Allah. Yeah lol, that's true, the thing is, there are so many desi's here that are british, that it's the norm, and peeps often know we're desi and born here... But might be different in America. You know what I think it's the American accent, when I talk to my cousins from there, seeing them and they come out with this super Texan accent, it's just so cool, and if I heard just their voice, wouldn't know they were Asians at all lol.

Comment

Sis ya killing me with your food mentions lol... That sounds nice too mashAllah.. Mmmmmmm!
                            My diet is kinda hard, I have breakfast as usual at 7am, lunch at 1pm and dinner at 6:30pm... Nothing after that. I eat what I want but nothing at all after 6:30.. Also Iv stopped cola and anything sugary for a few weeks. We should do a thread for dieting? All sisters welcome.. We can work together on good diets and tips to avoid certain calories. What do you think?
                            Yea sis try it.. It's simple and delicious... Has a nice colour to it too.. Not plain white like the usual. I made garlic for tomorrow.. Mums making lamb shoulder and I made her a few dips on the side.
                            I'm in London sis.. You?
                            Haha sorry sister, lol I'm killing myself too, it was really nice, and then my younger bro was like can you make me one pls lol :) I should be asleep already, as I have uni tomorrow, omg proper need to sort out my schedule Insha ' Allah. That's cool sister, so 3 meals a day which is good, and the timings too, because I heard it's not good to eat like late (says me...eating at 1:30am lool), I eat thrice a day too, but all sortza times. It's good you eat what u want though. That's awesome, with stopping sugar, I'm the kind that will eat sugar in desserts, but always have like a coke zero instead of coke lool. Even though I know diet drinks aren't good for us too. Yeah we should totally do a dieting thread. I think a few were opened in the past, but I don't know why they weren't very popular. But Insha ' Allah we will keep posting daily lool to bump up our thread :D sounds a good idea deffo. It sounds nice, and lamb shoulder sounds yum. Hey you should totally take a picture, and post it on the food thread :) Cool, I'm in the U.K too sis, not too far from London, well a couple of hours away, lol will rep you with the city :)

Comment

ohright you see the other day you said you don't post a lot because you can be blunt (atleast i think that was you...:scratch:) I assumed you were a revert, cant remember why lol.

Ohyeah the radio show, it was pretty cool, so many Americans on there! Y'all were taking over lol, #creepy. Really, that's cool, so do you remember Pakistan..and do you miss it then? Or not really... I'm not Pakistani, and not even been back home, but I do really wanna go back home to visit relatives Insha ' Allah. Yeah lol, that's true, the thing is, there are so many desi's here that are british, that it's the norm, and peeps often know we're desi and born here... But might be different in America. You know what I think it's the American accent, when I talk to my cousins from there, seeing them and they come out with this super Texan accent, it's just so cool, and if I heard just their voice, wouldn't know they were Asians at all lol.
                              We used to visit Pakistan during summer holidays every year. It has been a while since I last visited. will probably look to go there next year inshallah. I don't have a southern twang, We lived in Michigan for a couple of years before moving to Texas. The part of Texas where I live in, not many people you will find having the typical southern accent. There are stereotypes about Texas that exist in people's mind that are very accurate. Football is bigger than life here. I'm not talkking about soccer as you folks call it 'football' in Britain. Lol
                              Come visit Texas sometime inshallah. You won't be disappointed.

I'm currently in England spending some quality time with my family here in Manchester. I absolutely love it here. I'have a humongous list of places I wanna visit and see as much of Europe as possibl
                              Last edited by sandman123; 07-10-15, 02:40 AM.

Comment

We used to visit Pakistan during summer holidays every year. It has been a while since I last visited. will probably look to go there next year inshallah. I don't have a southern twang in my accent, We lived in Michigan for a couple of years before moving to Texas. The part of Texas where I live in, not many people you will find having the typical southern accent. There are stereotypes about Texas that exist in people's mind that are very accurate. Football is bigger than life here. I'm not talkking about soccer as you folks call it 'football' in Britain.
                                Come visit Texas sometime inshallah. You won't be disappointed.

I'm currently in England spending some quality time with my family here in Manchester. I'have a humongous list of places I wanna visit and see as much of Europe as possible
                                Last edited by Creamcake; 07-10-15, 05:21 AM. Reason: unnecessary essay

Comment

Working...
                                X