Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What made you sad today..

Originally posted by DaughterOfAdam View Post
    Where are imams who should be lecturing parents and telling them not to be so rubbish?
    And does heaven lies under your feet = right to be abusive? NO
    Some parents need a slap. If you are unhappy the way your child is, don't blame your child, blame yourself.
    If you are against abuse then you are against abuse you can't pick and choose.

Comment

DOA is just having a Rant i suppose,its all cool.

Youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYk...dE4pHzSid7Lr0w

**** Smiling won't cost you now is it ****

Zawjati ,“Uhibbuki mithla mâ antê” “Uhibbuki kaifamâ kunteee”“Wa mahmâ kâna mahma sâra”

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel101 View Post
        I've said this before, but I say it again, Muslim communities lack sufficient focus on a) domestic abuse and b) abuse of children by parents.
        Unfortunately, these two topics are seen as taboo in the Muslim community, esp. child abuse. I can remember countless of lectures I've seen addressing the importance of respecting parents in Islam, but never one on child abuse.

If a child complains about the abuse/ neglect of their parents towards them, it's always the child that needs to be reminded and lectured about the rights of parents in Islam. It's rarely the other way around. This further causes parents to misuse their power and authority as they know their children are prohibited by Islam to be rude them. So what do they do, carry on with the abuse/ neglect as children have no rights in Islam to disrespect me regardless of what I do to them.

P.s: I don't want to derail this thread any further. Why don't one of you start a new thread about this topic.
        Who's up for it, DaughterOfAdam or Rebel101?
        Last edited by **Sister**; 30-07-15, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Last edited by DaughterOfAdam; 30-07-15, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by **Sister** View Post
            Unfortunately, these two topics are seen as taboo in the Muslim community, esp. child abuse. I can remember countless of lectures I've seen addressing the importance of respecting parents in Islam, but never one on child abuse.

If a child complains about the abuse/ neglect of their parents towards them, it's always the child that needs to be reminded and lectured about the rights of parents in Islam. It's rarely the other way around. This further causes parents to misuse their power and authority as they know their children are prohibited by Islam to be rude them. So what do they do, carry on with the abuse/ neglect as children have no rights in Islam to disrespect me regardless of what I do to them.

P.s: I don't want to derail this thread any further. Why don't one of you start a new thread about this topic.
            Yes, start a thread telling parents to be good parents and not lame, abusive parents. And that if they are unhappy with their child, it's their own fault. Children don't turn out the way do they on their own. Bad parents mess up their children.

It's funny how some women think they're such great mothers and there's nothing wrong with them. If you were a great mother, your child will love you. If they hate you, that's your fault.
            Last edited by DaughterOfAdam; 30-07-15, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by **Sister** View Post

I agree and have said the same thing!!
              .i dont mind starting it with your post as an opening post since you pretty much said what i would want to say for now.

Comment

Last edited by **Sister**; 30-07-15, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Sadly I agree. I feel some parents live their lives through their children as they are in unhappy marriages

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel101 View Post
                    I agree and have said the same thing!!
                    .i dont mind starting it with your post as an opening post since you pretty much said what i would want to say for now.
                    Since you volunteered, get the thread ready and let's get started!

Comment

Sometimes it's not easy to see the light at the end of the tunnel, actually it can be very difficult...

Comment

May Allah forgive our shortcomings.
                        8 powerful habits to succeed

1. Wake up early!
                        2. Do it as soon as possible, you could die tonight so make the best of today
                        3. Remember your life is unique, don't compare yourself to others. Use that jealousy as an energy to make your life a success"
                        4. Have healthy habits. Set a time each day to exercise. Try with the mindset you're only going to do some jumping jacks for 5 seconds and the next thing you know, you're doing a workout!
                        5. Read, read, read. Ponder over the Qur'an, learn more. Put the idiot box (TV) away
                        6. Take note. Desires make slaves out of kings and patience makes kings out of slaves.
                        7. Results aren't just worldly. Results are also about perseverance, retaining dignity, being honest, being honourable, doing good unto others.
                        8. Always encourage others especially our brothers and sisters, let them know making mistakes is okay, we all make mistakes, do not ever undermine them and make them feel incompetent. This id also true for the dunya, so what if they don't get the maths sum right the first time, that is what LEARNING is.

NEW UPDATE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJubtizAEfU

Watch this when you're distressed!

Comment

I so lonely :(

Comment

i feel so depressed about loads of things, i just want to run away so far away from everyone and everything, my family has been through so much and i like I'm not doing anything to make my family proud........i want to run far away.........im going mad

really badly tempted to run away........feel so depressed man
                            Last edited by muslimah4life1; 30-07-15, 09:33 PM.

Comment

6 hours of sleep.
                              They say good things come to those who wait, so imma be at least an hour late

Comment

massive fight in my house, one person beaten, then another one got a shoe thrown at them :/
                                وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
                                X