Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What made you sad today..

Originally posted by Tawheed forever View Post
    I feel like quitting work after the mental torture I have gone through in past few days

My family should help and be understanding. They should have at least have looked for a place for me as they have free time but can't even do that.

How am I supposed to look with no time that I get with work and travelling
    You a grown man, stop relying on them, and stand on your own feet.
    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
    - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

brother why are you working so late, you mentioned that you came home at 12, this is obviously not good for your mental health, your going to get so tired and even physically, i dont know how your doing it. isn't there another job that you can look for that isn't so rough on you???

Comment

Originally posted by Tawheed forever View Post
        I feel like quitting work after the mental torture I have gone through in past few days

My family should help and be understanding. They should have at least have looked for a place for me as they have free time but can't even do that.

How am I supposed to look with no time that I get with work and travelling
        Find a place bro
        How dare they challenge me with their primitive skills? They're just as good as dead

Comment

Some people have no sense of humor. they shouldn't attempt to joke :(

Comment

Originally posted by sister_82 View Post
            No slow one to get out of London
            Apparently another tube strike next week :-/
            Tell me about it,it is such a mess.

Youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYk...dE4pHzSid7Lr0w

**** Smiling won't cost you now is it ****

Zawjati ,“Uhibbuki mithla mâ antê” “Uhibbuki kaifamâ kunteee”“Wa mahmâ kâna mahma sâra”

Comment

I feel sooooo sleepy.......
              وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

Ladies & gentleman, don't bother having children if you're just going to be abusive and emotionally unavailable for them.

And if you have a child that hates you, it's probably your own fault for being a rubbish parent. A baby isn't born hating his/her mother. Hatred is developed over time if the mother is rubbish. Children don't remember what you say but they remember how you made them feel. Remember that.

And if your kids abandon you when you're old because they hate you, that's probably your fault too.
                Last edited by DaughterOfAdam; 30-07-15, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzybee View Post
                  Tell me about it,it is such a mess.
                  Yep and they always decide to do a strike when I have to be in work!
                  No Longer On UF

Comment

Originally posted by Jenicca View Post
                    I feel sooooo sleepy.......
                    Metoo man.

That coffee made me even more sleepy.

:zzz:
                    O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity~ Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya

Comment

Originally posted by DaughterOfAdam View Post
                      Ladies & gentleman, don't bother having children if you're just going to be abusive and emotionally unavailable for them.

And if you have a child that hates you, it's probably your own fault for being a rubbish parent. A baby isn't born hating his/her mother. Hatred is developed over time if the mother is rubbish. Children don't remember what you say but they remember how you made them feel. Remember that.

And if your kids abandon you when you're old because they hate you, that's probably your fault too.
                      Ouch... that seems like a very explosive post but I agree with every single word.

I've seen with my own eyes cases where the children have undergone severe emotional abuse/ neglect at the hand of their parents. Naturally, that child will be rude and hate their parent as a result of their treatment towards them. However, when the child does so, they get reprimanded and looked down at others for disrespecting their parents and committing a major sin.

It's always the child that gets scolded for their inappropriate behavior towards their parents (I'm not justifying it), yet the parent can get away with the abuse due to their "status" in Islam. Very sad indeed. My note to all parents, don't misuse the status Allah honored you with.

Comment

Are you okay sister?
                        Whats happened to make you feel this way?
                        وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

Originally posted by **Sister** View Post
                          Ouch... that seems like a very explosive post but I agree with every single word.

I've seen with my own eyes cases where the children have undergone severe emotional abuse/ neglect at the hand of their parents. Naturally, that child will be rude and hate their parent as a result of their treatment towards them. However, when the child does so, they get reprimanded and looked down at others for disrespecting their parents and committing a major sin.

It's always the child that gets scolded for their inappropriate behavior towards their parents (I'm not justifying it), yet the parent can get away with the abuse due to their "status" in Islam. Very sad indeed. My note to all parents, don't misuse the status Allah honored you with.
                          Where are imams who should be lecturing parents and telling them not to be so rubbish?
                          And does heaven lies under your feet = right to be abusive? NO
                          Some parents need a slap. If you are unhappy the way your child is, don't blame your child, blame yourself.

Comment

Where are imams who should be lecturing parents and telling them not to be so rubbish?
                            Some parents need a slap. If you are unhappy the way your child is, don't blame your child, blame yourself.
                            I've said this before, but I say it again, Muslim communities lack sufficient focus on a) domestic abuse and b) abuse of children by parents.
                            Gone with the wind.

Comment

Sister Imams wont get involved in these problems, trust me when I say I tried this. I dont think its hate - its resentment.
                              No Longer On UF

Comment

Parenting advice from imams:

Bilal Phillips -
                                'Every parent should remember that one day their kids will follow their footstep/example instead of their advice.'
                                From Mufti Menk:

'When a child fails an examination or does not do as we expected them to, it is not the end of the world. Many parents react in a way that causes irreversable psychological damage to the child. Some of the most successful people in the world have repeated many examinations due to initial failure. If we love our children, we will not make them feel useless due to having failed an exam or two. Each child has a unique gift and is a superhero in his or her own way. It is up to us to recognise that in them and appreciate it. At times an A grade child is made to suffer in silence because the only comment received is 'We expected an A+ from you!'. That is ridiculous. Also those who praise one child and ignore the other are guilty of being unfair. This causes a child to rebel to seek attention and can cause serious hatred between siblings. We must appreciate each child and always guide, help and encourage them throughout the year.
                                Be there for them when they need you most. Never should a child be suicidal because he cannot relate to his parents. Such parents need to adjust before regret overtakes them.'
                                Pushing our children too much at school or expecting them to be first all the time can be very harmful to their mental, emotional and physical well being.

So long as they have tried their best they deserve to be congratulated and encouraged further. In this way they will remain sane, happy and healthy.
                                Many children are being silently abused by their own family members either physically, emotionally, mentally & at times even sexually! The biggest crime & one of the most serious sins is to abuse those under our own guardianship! Screaming & yelling at children, beating them up for every small matter without any explanations or limits, threatening them every now & again, swearing them, cursing them, punishing them unreasonably etc all have dangerous consequences on the entire family. STOP NOW!
                                May Allah grant us the ability to be good, loving parents. Ameen
                                Last edited by DaughterOfAdam; 30-07-15, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X