Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What made you sad today..

Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
    decided that I will not grieve continuously over family and so-called friends who use my quiet nature as a signal somehow to take to abuse my character. I leave them to their own problems.
    Salaams sister, if people are being bad to you, then you need to get away from such people. You may not be able to get away from family but from friends you can. Instead, find people who are nice and positive. Some people are negative but it's not because there's something wrong with you but because they have a problem. And you need to stay away from such people.

Surround yourself with people who are nice and make you feel good. This is one reason to stay on the forum because here you can find people who will give you support. Isolating yourself will not be good for you.

Comment

Lonely today

Comment

Not really "sad" but "angry". I was in a neighboring city and saw this poster so I took a picture of it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1805-155235.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	138.6 KB
ID:	10757064

they force hungry homeless people to listen to sermons before they can get food or essential items. items that are given for free at secular charities with no prerequisites other than standing in line. but these churches require you to go six months of indoctrination without missing a day just to get a bike? why not offer them a safe place to sleep like a shelter or hotel room? all that for a lousy bike you can buy for $20 at a thrift shop. this is so immoral it makes me so mad I want to scream.

the local islamic charity is tiny but they offer almost everything on this list and they never force anyone to listen to preaching first. they have qurans laying on a table and people are free to take it or leave it. the secular charities offer free potlucks, tents, clothing and canned food and don't try to force convert you to secularism to do it.
        I want your reflections on THIS Thread, please post!

The great Imam ash-Shafi’, he went to his teacher Waki` Complaining about the weakness of his memory.He told him, "Abandon rebellion, for knowledge is a light - And the light of Allah is not bestowed upon a rebel." [video]

Comment

Originally posted by Taboo View Post
          Not really "sad" but "angry". I was in a neighboring city and saw this poster so I took a picture of it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]77194[/ATTACH]

they force hungry homeless people to listen to sermons before they can get food or essential items. items that are given for free at secular charities with no prerequisites other than standing in line. but these churches require you to go six months of indoctrination without missing a day just to get a bike? why not offer them a safe place to sleep like a shelter or hotel room? all that for a lousy bike you can buy for $20 at a thrift shop. this is so immoral it makes me so mad I want to scream.

the local islamic charity is tiny but they offer almost everything on this list and they never force anyone to listen to preaching first. they have qurans laying on a table and people are free to take it or leave it. the secular charities offer free potlucks, tents, clothing and canned food and don't try to force convert you to secularism to do it.
          wow ur local islamic charity sounds great. I was bout to applaud the christian charity for looking out for the homeless but felt guilty that I don't know many islamic charities that do the same.
          وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by brightesthour View Post
            Lonely today
            sorry hun, u can always talk to me, im quite a lonely character too these days
            وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
              wow ur local islamic charity sounds great. I was bout to applaud the christian charity for looking out for the homeless but felt guilty that I don't know many islamic charities that do the same.
              we have tons of charities that don't try to force convert people. this is absolutely disgusting and sickening. I also remember seeing a video of sisters in syria complaining about being refused food and water from christian charities unless they memorized bible verses first. this is the only way they can get people to listen to their religion? tease them with basic necessities and refuse to give it to them unless they read the bible? that is so immoral there are no words for it.

no other charity does this except the church-run ones, not the islamic ones, not the secular ones and even the jewish charity here doesn't do that.

*and yes mashaallah our local islamic charity is very poor at the moment but mashaallah they struggle very hard to help anyone that goes into their tiny office. they give out food, transportation/passes, pay your bills for you, help you find shelter (real shelter, not tents), have a public vegetable garden in the back and have pot lucks and life training classes every week for parents and recovering drug/alcohol addicts. they also give free snacks and water to anyone who walks by. they never try to push religion onto anyone, they just have pamphlets and qurans lying around.
              Last edited by Taboo; 31-05-15, 11:22 AM.
              I want your reflections on THIS Thread, please post!

The great Imam ash-Shafi’, he went to his teacher Waki` Complaining about the weakness of his memory.He told him, "Abandon rebellion, for knowledge is a light - And the light of Allah is not bestowed upon a rebel." [video]

Comment

don't wanna go back to the doctors, but I'm still feeling sick.

Alhamdulilah

Ibn Umar was asked, “Did the sahaba laugh?” He said, “Yes, and the faith in their hearts was like mountains.”

"You can not be the ummah that will call the world to goodness if you hate everybody else" - Nouman Ali Khan

Comment

Name:	12810206.jpg
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	10757087

Comment

Name:	M5zzu4D.png
Size:	305.6 KB
ID:	10757088
                    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                    - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]77219[/ATTACH]
                      shouldnt it be first world not third
                      “Allah gave you a gift of 86,000 seconds today, have you used one to say ‘Alhamdulilah

Comment

place is boring

*logs off*
                        O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity~ Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya

Comment

Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
                          shouldnt it be first world not third
                          Oh right.

:fail:

Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                          - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Oh right.

:fail:

lol
                            “Allah gave you a gift of 86,000 seconds today, have you used one to say ‘Alhamdulilah

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]77219[/ATTACH]
                              -.- do not mock me.

Comment

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	106.1 KB
ID:	10757089

The struggle is real yo
                                They say good things come to those who wait, so imma be at least an hour late

Comment

Working...
                                X