What made you sad today..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What made you sad today..

Silvia Broome: Listen, I'm scared, and my protector is some one who doesn't believe me.
    Tobin Keller: You don't look scared...
    Silvia Broome: People handle fear in different ways, Mr. Keller. It turns some people into stand up comedians. You don't know me at all. Maybe I should talk to someone else about assigning someone to look after me who's better suited to the job.
    Tobin Keller: My job is not to look after you, it's to look after the man who's been threatened, if there was a threat. My job, as it concerns you, is to investigate you.
    Silvia Broome: So you're not here to offer me any protection whatsoever?
    Tobin Keller: No, Ma'am.
    Silvia Broome: [handing him back his card] And we were getting along so well.

Comment

Silvia Broome: I walked away from Africa with nothing. No brother, no family, no lover, nothing... Just a belief that words and compassion are the better way. Even if it's slower than a gun.
      ~~~The Interpreter

Comment

"But repentance is not [accepted] of those who [continue to] do evil deeds up until, when death comes to one of them, he says, "Indeed, I have repented now," or of those who die while they are disbelievers. For them We have prepared a painful punishment."
        [Surah An Nisa 4:18]

I am feeling awful...

Comment

I realized today how egomaniac arrogant I am like shaitan
          Innalillahi wainna ilahi raziyun
          Soul - lost & found
          Please Allah save me

Comment

I've become soft. I never used to be soft.

Ibn Umar was asked, “Did the sahaba laugh?” He said, “Yes, and the faith in their hearts was like mountains.”

"You can not be the ummah that will call the world to goodness if you hate everybody else" - Nouman Ali Khan

Comment

Originally posted by firestar101 View Post
              Sorry about that.

Brothers like showing off in front of their friends. Many do but that's no excuse so ignore them
              Y I dont get that? Even in your late twenties guys dont change :/
              :sub: wabihamdihi:sub:hiladheem

Comment

Originally posted by rainbow*~ View Post
                I'm ill and have load of revision to do...duas very much appreciated peoples :love:
                Same here, except it's not revision that I need to do. I stopped procrastinating yesterday, got ahead of schedule and was quite happy with that... Then I woke up with food poisoning. Alhamdulillah.

Comment

Today I was saddened when I thought about one friend who is struggling very much with Islam, and I came to realize that whenever I hang around muslims it causes my eemaan to fall. I was also saddened for thinking how extremely difficult it is to practice Islam and try to live a bearable life the same time. It used to be so easy..now I have to constantly think when is the next prayer, did I miss it, did I take a second look, am I well dressed, did I think ill of tat person, did I smile, did I say salaam to the greeting, should I help the neighbor or will it make me more hated in the neighborhood, am I well enough to fast, I cannot fast, what can I do, I shouldn't go to the mall because they play music there, how do I give charity when I don't have a paying job, hijab ban, where can I pray at my work, I feel overburdened and like my efforts are nothing and I'll just end up in hell anyway because my best isn't enough. My best isn't enough my best isn't enough. I didn't want to be born in this country or this sex, it was chosen for me, but I have to bear the consequences of that. I applied to many schools and only got accepted to the one where I have to deal with men and, segregation, awrah, should I just quit my job and school, but then what will I do, manna doesn't fall from the skies, I can't be a cashier and sell alcohol or tobacco, what work is there without freemixing, none, my family is poor and cant afford me and I'm just a burden to them, I sleep too much, sleep is the only time I have a minute of peace because it's like death, if I sleep less I cannot function and peoples lives are in my hands and my drowsiness can cause deaths, then I'm a murderer, and I eat too much not according to sunnah and when was the last time I read Quran, I should, I should, I should, there's too much to do and I don't know where to begin, and more paying shifts got cancelled, and And We will surely test you with something of fear and hunger and a loss of wealth and lives and fruits, but give good tidings to the patient, but I'm not patient, I'm just getting sick by the minute, and I don't know how to solve it all, and no human can help me and where's the answers, am I falling back to depression, is this depression, I feel like killing myself but then I'll go to purgatory and there will be no peace, but I cant proof myself to my Lord, why cant I have a minute of peace, why do jinns bother my sleep why isn't these prayers working, my shoes broke I cannot afford new pairs, don't go outside is full of fitna, fitna on the telly, fitna on the computer, I talk cain talk I talk too much and it's all written down and I'm wasting my time, my times running out I might DIE right now and what good deeds do I have I've lost them all because I sinned I just sweared astagfirullah and I sighed when mom called me again and And your Lord has decreed that you not worship except Him, and to parents, good treatment. Whether one or both of them reach old age [while] with you, say not to them [so much as], "uff," and do not repel them but speak to them a noble word. I failed again I failed again I failed again. How many times a night do I have to wake up for maghrib and isha, did I pray it right, did I have concentration, I didnt' I have to pray them again and again and again and I just sweared again, thats 70 more years in hell.

That's whats making me sad today.
                  6:62 "Then are they restored unto Allah, their Lord, the Just. Surely His is the judgment. And He is the most swift of reckoners."

Comment

*sighs

Kalikatu, what can I say.................

Sometimes we concentrate too much on the negative. It's become natural for us. We focus too much on the bad. If something bad happens people make a big deal out of it, they focus all their energy on it and then they are disappointed. They go round and round in circles.

In the end, sadly no one has benefited because you didn't give yourself a break by having faith in yourself first.

Appreciate life, appreciate yourself. Appreciate that you are aware of your actions, this is your blessing in disguise.

Some people don't realise the mistakes they make, or don't take their mistakes seriously and don't try to repent. Allah swt doesn't turn away from those that call him. He swt wants to reward you.

'verily with difficulty comes ease'

Don't forget the verses that have made promises and remind the believer of all the good things, because Allah swt does not fail in his promises. You might think your prayers are not enough- but to Allah swt anything is possible because he is the Most merciful and the most gracious.

We are all going through different experiences in life, but we all have the same aim.

May Allah swt make it easier for you and may he, the most merciful, the most gracious, reward you with eternal bliss- Ameen
                    'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

I am sad I have to visit my grandma because I don't want to go.

I usually just sit there and she insults me in Urdu with some remarks.

My family have issues. But you can't choose them
                      Ya Muqallib Al-Quloob Thabbit Qalbi Alaa Deenik
                      ( O changer of hearts, keep my heart steadfast on your deen)

www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
                        *sighs

Kalikatu, what can I say.................

Sometimes we concentrate too much on the negative. It's become natural for us. We focus too much on the bad. If something bad happens people make a big deal out of it, they focus all their energy on it and then they are disappointed. They go round and round in circles.

In the end, sadly no one has benefited because you didn't give yourself a break by having faith in yourself first.

Appreciate life, appreciate yourself. Appreciate that you are aware of your actions, this is your blessing in disguise.

Some people don't realise the mistakes they make, or don't take their mistakes seriously and don't try to repent. Allah swt doesn't turn away from those that call him. He swt wants to reward you.

'verily with difficulty comes ease'

Don't forget the verses that have made promises and remind the believer of all the good things, because Allah swt does not fail in his promises. You might think your prayers are not enough- but to Allah swt anything is possible because he is the Most merciful and the most gracious.

We are all going through different experiences in life, but we all have the same aim.

May Allah swt make it easier for you and may he, the most merciful, the most gracious, reward you with eternal bliss- Ameen
                        Thanks for your kind words. Aamen...Growing older has shown me that only good enough work will be rewarded, not anything less. I'm half assing everything. And I forgot to mention demands..demands to be this that nonmuslim demands to be that this muslim..demands from people who can do it themselves demands from everywhere I just dont know how much fuel i have left to keep going like this.
                        Last edited by Kalikatu; 11-04-15, 06:48 PM.
                        6:62 "Then are they restored unto Allah, their Lord, the Just. Surely His is the judgment. And He is the most swift of reckoners."

Comment

Originally posted by Kalikatu View Post
                          Thanks for your kind words. Aamen...Growing older has shown me that only good enough work will be rewarded, not anything less. I'm half assing everything.
                          You are special sis ;-)

Hold on to that treasure in your heart and be the fighter you've always been :insha: don't turn away from Allah swt, he is your witness and he will be there for you even if the whole world is against you.

He will ask the angels which one of my servants is calling me? small things count, even one letter is rewarding and we forget things like this and start doubting ourselves.

One day everything will fall in to place
                          'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
                            You are special sis ;-)

Hold on to that treasure in your heart and be the fighter you've always been :insha: don't turn away from Allah swt, he is your witness and he will be there for you even if the whole world is against you.

He will ask the angels which one of my servants is calling me? small things count, even one letter is rewarding and we forget things like this and start doubting ourselves.

One day everything will fall in to place
                            Inshallah, or I might end up insane (again). But if I end up insane then I'm forgiven.

Comment

Kalikatu, at least you have a working, functioning brain, and your family isn't plotting your demise x
                              وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
                                Kalikatu, at least you have a working, functioning brain, and your family isn't plotting your demise x
                                :( I ditn know if my brains are working. The more people I face the more I'm convinced I'm half brain. of family.. You're always welcome to talk to me of any trouble you have, if I cannot advice I can make duaa for you.

Comment

Working...
                                X