Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ria View Post

sis...i feel depressed... no lie

i was thinking maybe i could drink bleach and get out of this depressed life... but after receiving nice messages from users... i won't drink it
    but i still want to

i won't ever leave you(apart from natural death or etc)

i won't ever leave ummah forum either... even when i have a full time job..ill still come on in the evenings
    Do you know the cause of your depression? Is it related to an incident that's happened or a fear you have? How long have you felt like this?

The first step is acknowledging you are depressed -which you've done alhamdulillah

The second is harder and requires courage (which I know you have :insha: ) and that is to discuss it, either in an open platform or in private. But discuss, it needd to happen. Bottling things in allows the emotional wounds to fester and deepen.

Pm me if you want :insha: if the stuff is too personal x
    ⚔ Even in death may you be triumphant ⚔
    U.F Sadaqah Jariyah Project

Comment

• Re: What made you sad today..

Someone give me an easy way to describe what that pithole called Depression is like? Never been through it, or prob cant recognize it but sounds so..... dark

Comment

Originally posted by Meriadoc View Post
        Do you know the cause of your depression? Is it related to an incident that's happened or a fear you have? How long have you felt like this?

The first step is acknowledging you are depressed -which you've done alhamdulillah

The second is harder and requires courage (which I know you have :insha: ) and that is to discuss it, either in an open platform or in private. But discuss, it needd to happen. Bottling things in allows the emotional wounds to fester and deepen.

Pm me if you want :insha: if the stuff is too personal x
        Thanks sis
        My depression first started 3 years ago. i didn't want to talk to anyone, just wanted to die, felt hopeless, wasn't interested in going to work or anything else. it took a while for me to accept that i was depressed, but it got better.

now it seems like its not going.... i have no idea what caused it, but I'm thinking cause its something which happened months ago. even when I'm sitting with family, i feel like this... but i don't show that I'm depressed to them. people have noticed that I'm more quiet now
        Okay :)

Comment

Originally posted by nudgetheputri View Post
          Someone give me an easy way to describe what that pithole called Depression is like? Never been through it, or prob cant recognize it but sounds so..... dark
          Its a good thing that you have not been through it.
          its horrible.
          you don't want to talk to anyone when you are depressed
          loss of interest in education or work etc - mainly in bed and searching how to die

Comment

• Originally posted by nudgetheputri View Post
            It's like a dark cloud is over you. You never see the sunshine. You never feel the warmth. Your mind is tired from the pain, your eyes are tired from the tears. You see people around you happy and you wish you could be as carefree. You have rare delights but they are quickly washed away when your problems race back to attack you. You feel misunderstood, alone and numb. Talking about it is hard and 'getting out of it' is harder.

I'm not depressed btw alhamdulillah (before anyone worries). I have issues just like everyone here but I dunno... Allah has blessed me to never enter that hole again. It's horrible. Wouldn't wish it on anyone.
            ⚔ Even in death may you be triumphant ⚔
            U.F Sadaqah Jariyah Project

Comment

Originally posted by missmirah02 View Post
              Religiously that's wrong, that's probably the culture. Sikhs were originally pacifists, bit they had to change. Sikhs are kind of similar to Muslims
              Yeah why won't they be similar?
              Their guru(prophet) took knowledge from a muslim.. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Ria View Post
                okay thanks for your kind words
                Sure NP.
                I have better ideas, lemme know if you need more

Comment

dw i know revert brother was being sarcastic.... i made a promise that i won't drink it
                  Sarcastic?
                  I was trying to cheer u up from your depressed mood.
                  But I guess you ain't gonna drink it.

I too recovered from huge depressing incident in my life...
                  So depressing that had I been a non Muslim I would have killed myself.
                  But Alhumdulillah for Islam. Ain't gonna give up...

Will always fight back
                  Last edited by Revertbrother; 21-03-15, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Revertbrother View Post
                    Sarcastic?
                    I was trying to cheer u up from your depressed mood.
                    But I guess you ain't gonna drink it.

have you ever felt depressed before
                    cause depression doesn't get cured that quickly

Comment

Originally posted by Meriadoc View Post
                      It's like a dark cloud is over you. You never see the sunshine. You never feel the warmth. Your mind is tired from the pain, your eyes are tired from the tears. You see people around you happy and you wish you could be as carefree. You have rare delights but they are quickly washed away when your problems race back to attack you. You feel misunderstood, alone and numb. Talking about it is hard and 'getting out of it' is harder.

I'm not depressed btw alhamdulillah (before anyone worries). I have issues just like everyone here but I dunno... Allah has blessed me to never enter that hole again. It's horrible. Wouldn't wish it on anyone.
                      :salams

As Muslims we should do more to support our brothers/sisters in Islam to overcome depression. I feel there's not enough put in place by us to help those that are going through such stuff.

If you know someone going through depression then please talk to them. Be a shoulder for them to cry on. I've witnessed people going through depression and it really takes a toll on them.

May Allah SWT grant shifa to all those suffering from Depression and/or other such illnesses and may He save the rest of us from suffering such an illness in the future.

(This post wasn't aimed at you btw, yours was the ladt post regarding depression when I started to reply to the message)

Comment

Originally posted by patient believer View Post
                        That iz a lie,I hear them slaughter muslims and their own children if the dishoner them

People are horrible here, what is wrong with you, Fragile don't worry sister and Ria what happened
                        I'm cool sis...how's u?

I can't get enough of ur avatar! Cutest thing ever!
                        I love you, cherish you and worship you,
                        Guide me on your path to your janna,
                        Unite me beside you My King and all mighty,

:love:Allah:love:

Comment

Its a good thing that you have not been through it.
                          its horrible.
                          you don't want to talk to anyone when you are depressed
                          loss of interest in education or work etc - mainly in bed and searching how to die
                          Are you searching???
                          I love you, cherish you and worship you,
                          Guide me on your path to your janna,
                          Unite me beside you My King and all mighty,

:love:Allah:love:

Comment

have you ever felt depressed before
                            cause depression doesn't get cured that quickly

Please talk to someone sister, from my personal interactions with people who suffer from Depression, the only way they start to feel better is by talking to someone. A family member, a friend, a counsellor or even another sister from the forum.

Also keep in mind that Allah SWT loves you, He chose you to be a Muslimah. He granted you that honour of worshipping Him and being able to talk to him.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_GK05qkCKiU

Watch the video please, it's only about 4 minutes long

May Allah SWT grant you shifa

Comment

Originally posted by Fragile View Post
                              Are you searching???
                              yes... but i won't do it though

Comment

Originally posted by kakashi View Post

Please talk to someone sister, from my personal interactions with people who suffer from Depression, the only way they start to feel better is by talking to someone. A family member, a friend, a counsellor or even another sister from the forum.

Also keep in mind that Allah SWT loves you, He chose you to be a Muslimah. He granted you that honour of worshipping Him and being able to talk to him.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_GK05qkCKiU

Watch the video please, it's only about 4 minutes long

May Allah SWT grant you shifa
                                Thanks for posting that video....made me cry(in a good away)

Comment

Working...
                                X