Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What made you sad today..

Originally posted by sunrise867 View Post
    That's so sad subhan'Allah. I really don't understand why people can't lend a helping hand especially to those who are vulnerable - wouldn't kill to get up from the comfort of your seat.
    nobody cares about each other anymore

I feel the same way at times. I feel it is pointless helping others at times. Must be because society has made us this way and many of us just live sad, depressing lives and just cannot be bothered with anything.

Many have a ' it is every person for themselves approach'

I feel like adopting that approach as well at times. The sad thing is I feel this way because I do not think that my muslim brothers or sisters care about me. And I can tell they do not.

I mean how many people here actually truly care for their brothers and sisters . I highly doubt you do. It is just something you say to make yourself feel better about yourselves.
    Ya Muqallib Al-Quloob Thabbit Qalbi Alaa Deenik
    ( O changer of hearts, keep my heart steadfast on your deen)

www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by firestar101 View Post
      nobody cares about each other anymore

I feel the same way at times. I feel it is pointless helping others at times. Must be because society has made us this way and many of us just live sad, depressing lives and just cannot be bothered with anything.

Many have a ' it is every person for themselves approach'

I feel like adopting that approach as well at times. The sad thing is I feel this way because I do not think that my muslim brothers or sisters care about me. And I can tell they do not.

I mean how many people here actually truly care for their brothers and sisters . I highly doubt you do. It is just something you say to make yourself feel better about yourselves.
      It's not good to be so cynical - I'm sure you have brothers here who care about you and your wellbeing, they may not always show it but they are concerned for you.

And just because others have an " I don't care " attitude doesn't mean the few who do care give up, it's disheartening at times but we shouldn't give in.

Finally, there's no rest in this dunya - rest only comes in the Akhirah :insha: evil will always be present but at the same time so will good :insha:
      My Lord sanctify my flawed heart
      As You have sanctified Your house,
      Make my heart as protected and as honoured
      In which permission of entry
      Is only granted to a few,
      Please Allah, allow my heart
      To be preserved only for You.

---

It hurts, to watch you leave so soon,
      when I don't know, if I will ever see you again
      In Jannah, we will meet :love:

If I have ever offended, hurt or insulted you, forgive me for the sake of Allah سبحانه وتعالى‎

Comment

It's not good to be so cynical - I'm sure you have brothers here who care about you and your wellbeing, they may not always show it but they are concerned for you.

And just because others have an " I don't care " attitude doesn't mean the few who do care give up, it's disheartening at times but we shouldn't give in.

Finally, there's no rest in this dunya - rest only comes in the Akhirah :insha: evil will always be present but at the same time so will good :insha:
        this
        Ibnul Qayyim رحمه الله said: "Donít ruin your happiness with worry, and donít ruin your mind with pessimism. Donít ruin your success with deception and donít ruin the optimism of others by destroying it. Donít ruin your day by looking back at yesterday.
        __________________________________________________ _____________________________
        If you think about your situation, you will find that Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) has given you things without asking, so have trust in Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) that He doesnít prevent anything you want except there is goodness for you.

You could be sleeping and the doors of the heavens are being opened with duaías being made on your behalf, SubhanAllaah: perhaps from someone poor whom you helped, or someone sad whom you brought joy, or someone passing by and you smiled at him, or someone in distress and you removed it.. so donít ever underestimate any good deeds."

please donate to the Ummah forum sadaqa jariya project. Click on the link for for more information, and to make a donation- https://www.justgiving.com/sadaqah-jariyah-project/

Comment

It's sad that an old man after dropping his walking stick waits around helplessly for someone to pick it up for him and people rush by without noticing when I finally pick it up for him, he has this look in his eye and says "there's no humanity left"

Sighs.. :(
          That's so sad. Things like this help me understand why my mum says she makes du'aa Allah takes her while she is healthy and walking, and that she never becomes reliant on others in that way.

Comment

Originally posted by مسلمة View Post
            That's so sad. Things like this help me understand why my mum says she makes du'aa Allah takes her while she is healthy and walking, and that she never becomes reliant on others in that way.
            i once said this to my mom and she looked at me like

this was soon after my grandma died, and a year later my aunt died.
            watchiing these 2 women, once very strong and independnet in the state of helplessness really shook me, i realised i dont ever want to depend on anyone physically

May allah give them ease in their graves and grant them jannah
            Ibnul Qayyim رحمه الله said: "Donít ruin your happiness with worry, and donít ruin your mind with pessimism. Donít ruin your success with deception and donít ruin the optimism of others by destroying it. Donít ruin your day by looking back at yesterday.
            __________________________________________________ _____________________________
            If you think about your situation, you will find that Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) has given you things without asking, so have trust in Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) that He doesnít prevent anything you want except there is goodness for you.

You could be sleeping and the doors of the heavens are being opened with duaías being made on your behalf, SubhanAllaah: perhaps from someone poor whom you helped, or someone sad whom you brought joy, or someone passing by and you smiled at him, or someone in distress and you removed it.. so donít ever underestimate any good deeds."

please donate to the Ummah forum sadaqa jariya project. Click on the link for for more information, and to make a donation- https://www.justgiving.com/sadaqah-jariyah-project/

Comment

Originally posted by مسلمة View Post
              You know what. .it sounds bad but I kinda wish the same :/ don't wanna be reliant on anyone.
              My Lord sanctify my flawed heart
              As You have sanctified Your house,
              Make my heart as protected and as honoured
              In which permission of entry
              Is only granted to a few,
              Please Allah, allow my heart
              To be preserved only for You.

---

It hurts, to watch you leave so soon,
              when I don't know, if I will ever see you again
              In Jannah, we will meet :love:

If I have ever offended, hurt or insulted you, forgive me for the sake of Allah سبحانه وتعالى‎

Comment

Reading salaah with no concentration, damn upsetting. Losing focus
                Never have I dealt with anything more difficult than my own soul, which sometime helps me and sometime opposes me

Comment

I learned that people who go to help and perform CPR usually gets sued by the victim because their cloths got ripped or certain body parts hurt a little. Its discouraging to the good samaretarians
                  "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

Comment

Originally posted by samin62 View Post
                    I learned that people who go to help and perform CPR usually gets sued by the victim because their cloths got ripped or certain body parts hurt a little. Its discouraging to the good samaretarians
                    yeah, I have heard of cases in america where people are dying in the stret and are saved by someone, and they end up suing the person that saved them

It is ridiculous doctor samin.

The lawsuit culture in america in suing others is huge in america. People will sue for stupid reasons.

Comment

But then if nobody performed CPR and the person died, what good would their clothes be to them dead?
                      I can understand Americans wishing to sue people in those cases given that a lot of them are dumb, but sure the courts are not stupid enough to enforce any laws based on that?

Comment

Originally posted by srahman33 View Post
                        But then if nobody performed CPR and the person died, what good would their clothes be to them dead?
                        I can understand Americans wishing to sue people in those cases given that a lot of them are dumb, but sure the courts are not stupid enough to enforce any laws based on that?
                        No the court throws them away. But its disheartening and a waste of time dealing with it for the good people
                        "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

Comment

No the court throws them away. But its disheartening and a waste of time dealing with it for the good people
                          I gets what you mean, fams. I mean doctor samin.

Comment

I feel disoriented and sick. I feel like nothing is real right now

And because of that I'm feeling sad.

Oh and I'm having weird violent dreams where I witness people dying or I see dead bodies. Ughhhh
                            Last edited by brightesthour; 01-04-14, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by brightesthour View Post
                              I feel disoriented and sick. I feel like nothing is real right now

And because of that I'm feeling sad.

Oh and I'm having weird violent dreams where I witness people dying or I see dead bodies. Ughhhh

how often??

this isn't completely normal though is it??

have you seen a rakqy coz i was listening to an lecture on black magic, evil eye etc and the speakwe was saying one of the symptons is bad dreams about death, dead bodies etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Muslima London View Post

how often??

this isn't completely normal though is it??

have you seen a rakqy coz i was listening to an lecture on black magic, evil eye etc and the speakwe was saying one of the symptons is bad dreams about death, dead bodies etc.
                                Maybe once or twice a week.

I'm on medication and one of the side effects is nightmares, so that could be why and I was just changed to a higher dosage.

Really freaky though, I want my good dreams back.

Comment

Working...
                                X