X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What made you sad today..

Originally posted by Meriadoc View Post
    Lol no- if only it was that simple.

I have another job but there have been a lot of incidents which has left me wondering what purpose I have being there.

Today I travelled over one and a half hours to get to my office only to find the shutters down and locked and nobody there. I have been given no contact numbers, I'm not allowed to ring Head Office (because they don't like me standing up for my rights)- I stood there for 15 minutes in the biting cold waiting for anyone to show up. I then walked back to the bus stop and travelled home. A wasted morning and it isn't the first time it has happened either.

One hour after I should have been at work- I get a text from my old manager asking if I was in the office. Am I in the stupid office when you know flippin well I didn't have any keys to open up?

I'm dealing with children here not grown men and I'm sick of it.

Also the fiasco with my pay (or lack of it) has left me rather annoyed. I got told off by head office for bothering them regarding my missing pay- told me not to contact in future. So who am I supposed to go to when my manager has left and I'm sat all by myself with jack all to do in the office, and nobody to go to?

What kind of place is this?

And do you know what the saddest part is. Every single one of those people I'm supposed to work with are Muslim

Gosh I needed to let that out...
    That is just messed up, seriously messed. These people really need a lesson on professionalism. Don't quit though, this could be just a test from Allah. I say you stick to the job and just bear it, but in the meantime look for another job. I say this because what if you quit and then looked for another job, and then the next employer asked why did you leave your previous job, what will you say then? So just stick this one out until you get another one :insha:

Comment

• What made you sad today..

^ yeah that's what everyone has been telling me: update my cv and start looking for another job, staying in this one in the meantime : /

If I had it my way, I wouldn't put myself in a work environment full stop. It's only because I have to that I'm there >_>
      ⚔ Even in death may you be triumphant ⚔
      U.F Sadaqah Jariyah Project

Comment

^ yeah that's what everyone has been telling me: update my cv and start looking for another job, staying in this one in the meantime : /

If I had it my way, I wouldn't put myself in a work environment full stop. It's only because I have to that I'm there >_>
        Yes, but what can you do? Life is hard, so we just have to get by it somehow. Just work until you can get married :insha:
        And can you not start trying to get into teaching now? You did really well on getting the qualification, so don't let it go to waste! Try some schools in your area, see about getting a job there or at least some experience :insha:

Comment

^ yah that's been my plan :up:

:insha: I'll start searching from today

Comment

Last edited by Magic.; 18-02-14, 02:48 PM.
            8 powerful habits to succeed

1. Wake up early!
            2. Do it as soon as possible, you could die tonight so make the best of today
            3. Remember your life is unique, don't compare yourself to others. Use that jealousy as an energy to make your life a success"
            4. Have healthy habits. Set a time each day to exercise. Try with the mindset you're only going to do some jumping jacks for 5 seconds and the next thing you know, you're doing a workout!
            5. Read, read, read. Ponder over the Qur'an, learn more. Put the idiot box (TV) away
            6. Take note. Desires make slaves out of kings and patience makes kings out of slaves.
            7. Results aren't just worldly. Results are also about perseverance, retaining dignity, being honest, being honourable, doing good unto others.
            8. Always encourage others especially our brothers and sisters, let them know making mistakes is okay, we all make mistakes, do not ever undermine them and make them feel incompetent. This is also true for the dunya, so what if they don't get the maths sum right the first time, that is what LEARNING is.

NEW UPDATE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJubtizAEfU

Watch this when you're distressed!

Comment

Looking at old photos.

Comment

The story of Barssisa

Comment

the fact that life goes on...subhanallah
                  وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Thinking about death.

Comment

Nufin
                      And strive because the sweetness of life lies in the struggle - Imam al-Shafi'i

Comment

Originally posted by Strive View Post
                        Nufin
                        It's age-related isn't it?

Cease the nostalgia

Comment

• Originally posted by FouadEl View Post
                          The story of Barssisa
                          What is it?

Comment

It's age-related isn't it?

Cease the nostalgia
                            once upon a time
                            And strive because the sweetness of life lies in the struggle - Imam al-Shafi'i

Comment

Didn't happen today but a few days ago a 14 year old boy was killed by a car while he was crossing the street to get on his school bus. Car didn't stop for the bus stop sign signal and killed him on impact and the bus driver saw it happen :(

Scary how life can end so quickly and unexpectedly.

Comment

Originally posted by Magic. View Post
                                I wish I could leave this world, if Jannah is guaranteed.

It's taking its toll now. One situation resolves, another situation comes.
                                May Allah swt make things easy for u ^ Ameen

I feel the same :( I feel my worries are starting to take over my life.

I sometimes fear I will fall back into depression - a very dark and horrible place to be : (

Im just so negative atm.
                                "Do not get attached to what will not stay with you, get closer to The One Who never leaves you"
                                (Ibn Al-Qayyim)

Comment

Working...
                                X