What made you sad today..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What made you sad today..

my sisters colleague died of cancer on sunday morning.
    today come home to hear that my son's old teacher died of cancer as well. She had got marred last year and was only 30 :(
    feel sad coz she was sooo young and full of life.

too many remidners around us that we are not going to be here forever. we need to take heed of the sgns that allah sends us and turn to allah before he takes us away from the dunya before we reach the state of no return.

The saddest thing - both were not muslim but 'nice people'.

it made me reflect on our revert brothers and sisters whose family remain kaafir - the state of sadness they must feel knowing they can't pray for their loved ones.
    Ibnul Qayyim رحمه الله said: "Don’t ruin your happiness with worry, and don’t ruin your mind with pessimism. Don’t ruin your success with deception and don’t ruin the optimism of others by destroying it. Don’t ruin your day by looking back at yesterday.
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________
    If you think about your situation, you will find that Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) has given you things without asking, so have trust in Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) that He doesn’t prevent anything you want except there is goodness for you.

You could be sleeping and the doors of the heavens are being opened with dua’as being made on your behalf, SubhanAllaah: perhaps from someone poor whom you helped, or someone sad whom you brought joy, or someone passing by and you smiled at him, or someone in distress and you removed it.. so don’t ever underestimate any good deeds."

please donate to the Ummah forum sadaqa jariya project. Click on the link for for more information, and to make a donation- https://www.justgiving.com/sadaqah-jariyah-project/

Comment

• Feeling rather frustrated. I can't believe what I had to hear from mum :(when I told her that what she is saying is not from Quran and Sunnah.

I guess next I won't even say anything :(

Comment

missing Rasulullah :saw:

remembered how he :saw: would quietly leave his home at night to go to the graveyard and make dua for the deceased Muslims. He never forgot his ummah, yet we've forgotten his teachings.

Allahumma salli 'ala Muhammad
        http://kondori.wordpress.com/

Like this page on FB
        HasbunAllah Wani'mal Wakeel | حسبنا الله ونعم الوكيل

Allah is Sufficient for us, and He is the Best Disposer of affairs.

"...its better to light a small candle than to curse the darkness..."

"We need to emphasise that differences of fiqh are the not the depth of religion, the depth of religion is piety." ~
        Shaykh Akram Nadwi

Salātullāhi wa Salāmuhu ‘alayka ya Rasūlallāh

http://37.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lj...2vbxo1_500.jpg

Comment

The realization once again that I cannot be a talkative person without people thinking I am annoying and tell me I never say anything decent and reasonable.
          your online source of hadiths: http://sunnah.com/
          ask me questions: ask.fm/caetratilegion

Comment

Originally posted by Scutarilegion View Post
            The realization once again that I cannot be a talkative person without people thinking I am annoying and tell me I never say anything decent and reasonable.
            I don't think you're annoying. Well that is sad, but sometimes it is best just not to converse with such people, if they find you annoying. I'm sure not everybody thinks that of you. Although, you could have a think about all the kinds of things you say, and identify (objectively) whether or not the things you say really are annoying? If you find they are, then think of ways to improve; if you find you are not, then forget about those people and carry on, because you know not always we can please evryone.
            Don't be sad though!

Comment

Originally posted by |Sister| View Post
              My friend asked me to add her on facebook, then unfriended me. I asked why and she said her orthodox coptic family members deleted and started threatening her unless she got rid of me (called me 'the terrorist'). That kind of caught me off guard, they always seemed friendly in person.

Anyone can be an innocent sheep to your face!
              ur better off without ignorant losers like that.
              My ♥ only lets الله‎ in
              ‘O Allah, forgive me, have mercy upon me, guide me, give me health and grant me sustenance.’
              “Once you are real you can't become unreal again. It lasts for always.”

Comment

Originally posted by Scutarilegion View Post
                You're the last person I would call annoying akhi
                لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله

Comment

I need to go on a holiday.. Like right noww
                  O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity~ Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya

Comment

I wish I could leave this world, if Jannah is guaranteed.

It's taking its toll now. One situation resolves, another situation comes.
                    8 powerful habits to succeed

1. Wake up early!
                    2. Do it as soon as possible, you could die tonight so make the best of today
                    3. Remember your life is unique, don't compare yourself to others. Use that jealousy as an energy to make your life a success"
                    4. Have healthy habits. Set a time each day to exercise. Try with the mindset you're only going to do some jumping jacks for 5 seconds and the next thing you know, you're doing a workout!
                    5. Read, read, read. Ponder over the Qur'an, learn more. Put the idiot box (TV) away
                    6. Take note. Desires make slaves out of kings and patience makes kings out of slaves.
                    7. Results aren't just worldly. Results are also about perseverance, retaining dignity, being honest, being honourable, doing good unto others.
                    8. Always encourage others especially our brothers and sisters, let them know making mistakes is okay, we all make mistakes, do not ever undermine them and make them feel incompetent. This is also true for the dunya, so what if they don't get the maths sum right the first time, that is what LEARNING is.

NEW UPDATE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJubtizAEfU

Watch this when you're distressed!

Comment

Originally posted by Magic. View Post

If jannah was guaranteed to all of us, we all would leave willingly but it is not.

Hang in there. I know it is hard. I have dealth with the same. I know how it is. But remember ALLAH only loves those he tests. If a muslim has a easy life, then he should be worried.
                      Ya Muqallib Al-Quloob Thabbit Qalbi Alaa Deenik
                      ( O changer of hearts, keep my heart steadfast on your deen)

www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by firestar101 View Post
                        If jannah was guaranteed to all of us, we all would leave willingly but it is not.

Hang in there. I know it is hard. I have dealth with the same. I know how it is. But remember ALLAH only loves those he tests. If a muslim has a easy life, then he should be worried.
                        Wish I could have such hope In sha Allah.

1. Wake up early!
                        3. Remember your life is unique, don't compare yourself to others. Use that jealousy as an energy to make your life a success"
                        4. Have healthy habits. Set a time each day to exercise. Try with the mindset you're only going to do some jumping jacks for 5 seconds and the next thing you know, you're doing a workout!
                        5. Read, read, read. Ponder over the Qur'an, learn more. Put the idiot box (TV) away
                        6. Take note. Desires make slaves out of kings and patience makes kings out of slaves.
                        7. Results aren't just worldly. Results are also about perseverance, retaining dignity, being honest, being honourable, doing good unto others.
                        8. Always encourage others especially our brothers and sisters, let them know making mistakes is okay, we all make mistakes, do not ever undermine them and make them feel incompetent. This is also true for the dunya, so what if they don't get the maths sum right the first time, that is what LEARNING is.

NEW UPDATE

Comment

Wish I could have such hope In sha Allah.
                          verily in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find ease :)
                          meow

Comment

Don't worry bro! We all go through it. Life sucks right now, I don't know if I can handle everything that is going on right now, but what I have done is just forget about it all, deal with one thing at a time, and just trust that Allah knows what He is doing because He does. Nothing happens without a purpose, and it will all work out in the end :insha: just wait and see!

Comment

Originally posted by srahman33 View Post
                              Don't worry bro! We all go through it. Life sucks right now, I don't know if I can handle everything that is going on right now, but what I have done is just forget about it all, deal with one thing at a time, and just trust that Allah knows what He is doing because He does. Nothing happens without a purpose, and it will all work out in the end :insha: just wait and see!
                              It's something I can decide to pursue or not bro.

Allah has given it me to decide.

Could I PM you bro?

1. Wake up early!

NEW UPDATE

Comment

It's something I can decide to pursue or not bro.

Allah has given it me to decide.

Could I PM you bro?
                                Yes, go ahead.

Comment

Working...
                                X