X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What made you sad today..

the forum :(

think I am headed for some serious down time, see you guys when I see you
    Last edited by Maaru; 29-11-13, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Meriadoc View Post
      Not yet. Am a trainee teacher.
      I cannot possibly understand how hairy hands would've helped me :/
      Anywho, it's over it's done. I don't want to think about it (even though I have to evaluate my performance).
      It was okay. I just ran out of time. Such a waffler seriously :embar:
      My sister is training to be a teacher of English as well, but in the secondary sector. She has to do the same thing, having to teach a class ahaha she was really nervous especially when the kids are brats (at least you're dealing with young adults). Don't worry though, everybody waffles and act clumsy when it's the first time, just carry on.

Comment

Originally posted by srahman33 View Post
        My sister is training to be a teacher of English as well, but in the secondary sector. She has to do the same thing, having to teach a class ahaha she was really nervous especially when the kids are brats (at least you're dealing with young adults). Don't worry though, everybody waffles and act clumsy when it's the first time, just carry on.
        :insha: I hope it goes okay for her.
        I knew my group quite well so was comfortable in their presence but the topic I chose to discuss (Sociology) was such a hefty thing for 30 minutes :embar:
        Alhamdulillah though, everyone was really impressed with my knowledge of the subject (bearing in mind I was speaking completely off the top of my head) so that may work in my favour :insha: :up:
        ⚔ Even in death may you be triumphant ⚔
        U.F Sadaqah Jariyah Project

Comment

Originally posted by Meriadoc View Post
          :insha: I hope it goes okay for her.
          I knew my group quite well so was comfortable in their presence but the topic I chose to discuss (Sociology) was such a hefty thing for 30 minutes :embar:
          Alhamdulillah though, everyone was really impressed with my knowledge of the subject (bearing in mind I was speaking completely off the top of my head) so that may work in my favour :insha: :up:
          Oh yeah I remember I'm pretty sure it was you who wanted those controversial newspaper articles?
          Don't worry I'm sure you did fine, but yes I can imagine trying to teach Sociology in 30 minutes is practically impossible if you want to get into detail of the topic and I'm sure they understand that, I think with these things they just want to see how you interact with the students and present/explain information. :insha: you did well, and it's good they were impressed!

Comment

People judge you on your appearances which is really sad.

Being a woman is hard!
            Last edited by Green786; 30-11-13, 03:19 PM.
            "Try to distance yourself from everything that causes you worry and sadness, so that you may always live with peace of mind and an open and tranquil heart, seeking Allah and His worship and working on your worldly and otherworldly matters, for if you try this, you will find rest.

Comment

Starting to read
              A very British killing, the death of baha moussa

Already I feel quite emotional but I think it's a story that has to be heard
              Ibnul Qayyim رحمه الله said: "Donít ruin your happiness with worry, and donít ruin your mind with pessimism. Donít ruin your success with deception and donít ruin the optimism of others by destroying it. Donít ruin your day by looking back at yesterday.
              __________________________________________________ _____________________________
              If you think about your situation, you will find that Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) has given you things without asking, so have trust in Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) that He doesnít prevent anything you want except there is goodness for you.

You could be sleeping and the doors of the heavens are being opened with duaías being made on your behalf, SubhanAllaah: perhaps from someone poor whom you helped, or someone sad whom you brought joy, or someone passing by and you smiled at him, or someone in distress and you removed it.. so donít ever underestimate any good deeds."

please donate to the Ummah forum sadaqa jariya project. Click on the link for for more information, and to make a donation- https://www.justgiving.com/sadaqah-jariyah-project/

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel101 View Post
                Aw. I know how you feel, don't let it affect you.

Screw popularity, people are overrated. Let's remain loners lol.
                Can't screw with it.

Advantages outweigh the disadvantages.
                8 powerful habits to succeed

1. Wake up early!
                2. Do it as soon as possible, you could die tonight so make the best of today
                3. Remember your life is unique, don't compare yourself to others. Use that jealousy as an energy to make your life a success"
                4. Have healthy habits. Set a time each day to exercise. Try with the mindset you're only going to do some jumping jacks for 5 seconds and the next thing you know, you're doing a workout!
                5. Read, read, read. Ponder over the Qur'an, learn more. Put the idiot box (TV) away
                6. Take note. Desires make slaves out of kings and patience makes kings out of slaves.
                7. Results aren't just worldly. Results are also about perseverance, retaining dignity, being honest, being honourable, doing good unto others.
                8. Always encourage others especially our brothers and sisters, let them know making mistakes is okay, we all make mistakes, do not ever undermine them and make them feel incompetent. This is also true for the dunya, so what if they don't get the maths sum right the first time, that is what LEARNING is.

NEW UPDATE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJubtizAEfU

Watch this when you're distressed!

Comment

Originally posted by Magic. View Post
                  Can't screw with it.

What advantages?
                  The whole popularity thing has more negative consequences than anything.
                  Collection of Arabic Learning material and Islamic Books

Away for a bit

Comment

Can't screw with it.

I get that, but in the long run, is it really?
                    I hope the advantages are worth it though.

Comment

Confidence boost, lots of love around between the brothers giving out Salaams, asking how are you, what you've been upto, you're admired, you're looked at by a number of people even strangers who've come to know you're popular and they all will want your company.

Basically just your presence is widely acknowledged.
                      Last edited by Magic.; 30-11-13, 12:01 PM.

1. Wake up early!
                      3. Remember your life is unique, don't compare yourself to others. Use that jealousy as an energy to make your life a success"
                      4. Have healthy habits. Set a time each day to exercise. Try with the mindset you're only going to do some jumping jacks for 5 seconds and the next thing you know, you're doing a workout!
                      5. Read, read, read. Ponder over the Qur'an, learn more. Put the idiot box (TV) away
                      6. Take note. Desires make slaves out of kings and patience makes kings out of slaves.
                      7. Results aren't just worldly. Results are also about perseverance, retaining dignity, being honest, being honourable, doing good unto others.
                      8. Always encourage others especially our brothers and sisters, let them know making mistakes is okay, we all make mistakes, do not ever undermine them and make them feel incompetent. This is also true for the dunya, so what if they don't get the maths sum right the first time, that is what LEARNING is.

NEW UPDATE

Comment

Confidence boost, lots of love around between the brothers giving out Salaams, asking how are you, what you've been upto, you're admired, you're looked at by a number of people even strangers who've come to know you're popular and they all will want your company.

Live your life for Allah and you will be content

There is a Hadith n I can't rember the details - something like

If you are loved by Allah, people will love you
                        Ibnul Qayyim رحمه الله said: "Donít ruin your happiness with worry, and donít ruin your mind with pessimism. Donít ruin your success with deception and donít ruin the optimism of others by destroying it. Donít ruin your day by looking back at yesterday.
                        __________________________________________________ _____________________________
                        If you think about your situation, you will find that Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) has given you things without asking, so have trust in Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) that He doesnít prevent anything you want except there is goodness for you.

You could be sleeping and the doors of the heavens are being opened with duaías being made on your behalf, SubhanAllaah: perhaps from someone poor whom you helped, or someone sad whom you brought joy, or someone passing by and you smiled at him, or someone in distress and you removed it.. so donít ever underestimate any good deeds."

please donate to the Ummah forum sadaqa jariya project. Click on the link for for more information, and to make a donation- https://www.justgiving.com/sadaqah-jariyah-project/

Comment

Originally posted by Muslima London View Post
                          Live your life for Allah and you will be content

There is a Hadith n I can't rember the details - something like

If you are loved by Allah, people will love you
                          Yeah I agree with you sis.

True contentment comes from Allah.

Popularity doesn't last. But I don't see anything wrong with being content whilst it's there. It doesn't mean you hate Allah or anything, just as long as you don't place it above Allah.

1. Wake up early!

NEW UPDATE

Comment

Being popular doesn't mean you're loved. Or that people admire you.
                            Your presence being acknowledged is one thing, but the rest is nonsense.
                            If you give proper salams frequently people will return the salams no matter who you are.

Away for a bit

Comment

Originally posted by Yunus aua View Post
                              Being popular doesn't mean you're loved. Or that people admire you.
                              Your presence being acknowledged is one thing, but the rest is nonsense.
                              If you give proper salams frequently people will return the salams no matter who you are.

They why would someone be popular?
                              I would assume such to be the case.
                              That people like you.

I agree with the Salaam bit, but many a time, people just give it to you and want to know you.

1. Wake up early!

NEW UPDATE

Comment

They why would someone be popular?
                                I would assume such to be the case.
                                That people like you.

I agree with the Salaam bit, but many a time, people just give it to you and want to know you.
                                In all honesty people who crave popularity are the most insecure people.
                                They feel an emptiness inside which they think can only be filled by admiration from others.
                                The best thing is to have friends who are actually there for you.
                                Popular people usually don't have friends, they have just people around them, when things go wrong people are quick to turn their backs on them.
                                And the worst thing is that people become addicted to it and they would do anything to remain popular
                                Last edited by Yunus aua; 30-11-13, 12:35 PM.

Away for a bit

Comment

Working...
                                X