Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i am a born again evangelical christian

hi all

my name is Angelo. I am swiss, and live over ten years in Brazil. I am a born again evangelical christian. I am open to talk with everyone, that would like to know better my faith. I think, there exist many pre - judgements, that might be clarified.
    I am not disposed and interested to convert anybody here. This is a personal decision. I am just here to testify my faith to anyone, that would like to know more and understand it better. i do not want to disrespect your faith, philosophy and convictions, and expect the same from you. So who has pre judgements , and has no interest, to change it, i am asking at least to respect my faith.

So now to my first question : what is the reason that lead you to be a muslim ? why do you think and what convinced you the koran is the true holy book and ispired by Allah ?

Angelo

Re: i am a born again evangelical christian

welcome to the board

i, too, am a lover of jesus christ and his message of love and peace to the world

i was interested in chrisitianity also, but i found out after reading the first three commandments of the bible, that today's christians are in violation of the first three commandments, so i realized that they are too caught up in being television stars and capitalists, too much in love with country, when Jesus told them that you cannot love God and Mammon, simultaneously.

I also found it very hard to verify the various translations of the bible, since there is no way to check the translations with the original

there are other issues, and i am sure, if you are around here for some time, we may run across each other again

but in the name of peace, love and happiness to all, i welcome you to ummah.com
    .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
    نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
    دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

i accepted islam because of as i just mentioned, there was no way i could stay a christian and violate the first three commandments

i found that to be contrary to the teachings of jesus and the commandments

jesus said, seek the truth and it will set you free, free from the oppression of ignorance

first commandement, thy Lord God is ONE............very simple, how do we get this three = one?

second commandment, thou shalt not make any graven images...........that includes pictures of a white guy with blond hair, statues, images, etc.......rather clear cut, NO IMAGES OF ANYTHING......in the heavens above, the earth below or the sea beneath the earth

lastly, thou shalt keep the sabbath day holy (ie dont mess with it) so how in the world if the sabbath day is saturday, that most christians look at sunday as the day of worship.............KEEP IT HOLY means dont mess with it........but as i found out, it was the romans who messed with it, and it seems it was romans who diefied jesus and made him a co-God, so in essense, i found the whole thing to be one big ball of lies and ignorance
      .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
      نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
      دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Originally posted by AbuMubarak View Post
        i accepted islam because of as i just mentioned, there was no way i could stay a christian and violate the first three commandments

i found that to be contrary to the teachings of jesus and the commandments

jesus said, seek the truth and it will set you free, free from the oppression of ignorance

first commandement, thy Lord God is ONE............very simple, how do we get this three = one?
        sorry if i wont answer by myself, since the matter is too vast. But if you want to understand better the trinity, please read following page :

(Mod: Clipped URL)

second commandment, thou shalt not make any graven images...........that includes pictures of a white guy with blond hair, statues, images, etc.......rather clear cut, NO IMAGES OF ANYTHING......in the heavens above, the earth below or the sea beneath the earth
        i am evangelical protestant. As such, i do not agree with the cult to images, either, like the catholics do.

lastly, thou shalt keep the sabbath day holy (ie dont mess with it) so how in the world if the sabbath day is saturday, that most christians look at sunday as the day of worship.............KEEP IT HOLY means dont mess with it........but as i found out, it was the romans who messed with it, and it seems it was romans who diefied jesus and made him a co-God, so in essense, i found the whole thing to be one big ball of lies and ignorance
        in regard of the sabbath, i might link you to following page :

http://www.comereason.org/theo_issues/theo045.asp

Angelo
        Last edited by al-ghazalli; 04-08-08, 10:24 PM. Reason: Removed Url

Comment

My mum and dad are evangelical christains,But can't handle that i am a muslim,which i can understand,but i just don't get what they believe in,it seems a little extreme to say the least.

Comment

I can never understand why Christians attach the Old Testament to their Bibles while never following anything said in there.
            The Messenger (sallallaahu alaihi wasallam) warned: "Whoever innovates or accommodates an innovator then upon him is the curse of Allaah, His Angels and the whole of mankind." Bukhaaree and Muslim

Comment

Originally posted by Jesuslovesyou View Post
              hi all

So now to my first question : what is the reason that lead you to be a muslim ? why do you think and what convinced you the koran is the true holy book and ispired by Allah ?

Angelo
              Hi.. I was a born again evangelical Christian and a missionary and now am a Muslim.. once I realised that Muslims love God with a far more sincere and deeper desire to be obedient to him, and once I realised that to be a Muslim was to love and obey Jesus in ways that as a Christian I never could, because we were so focused on the crucifixion and resurrection.. it challenged my thinking.

i spent two years in bible college before working as a Missionary and infact it was in trying to convince a non muslim, non christian poster here who was trying to decide between Christianity and Islam that I realised that nowhere in the New Testament does it say you need to believe Jesus was God to be saved.

Once I realised that.. the journey to Islam began

I'm happy to tell you more if you are interested

But welcome to the forums and I do hope you have some interesting discussions here
              Last edited by carol_au; 03-08-08, 02:54 PM.
              .The Prophet sal Allahu alaiyhi wa sallam said, “I guarantee a house in Jannah for one who gives up arguing, even if he is in the right; and I guarantee a home in the middle of Jannah for one who abandons lying even for the sake of fun; and I guarantee a house in the highest part of Jannah for one who has good manners.”
              http://jameelah61.wordpress.com/

Comment

Christian here

Jesus Lives! He lives forever "I'll proclaim":up:
                Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

Originally posted by The Sower View Post
                  Christian here

Jesus Lives! He lives forever "I'll proclaim":up:
                  Hi.. and guess what.. Muslims agree with you :)

welcome to the forum
                  .The Prophet sal Allahu alaiyhi wa sallam said, “I guarantee a house in Jannah for one who gives up arguing, even if he is in the right; and I guarantee a home in the middle of Jannah for one who abandons lying even for the sake of fun; and I guarantee a house in the highest part of Jannah for one who has good manners.”

Comment

Originally posted by carol_au View Post
                    Hi.. and guess what.. Muslims agree with you :)

welcome to the forum
                    :up:

((((HUGS)))))

Comment

Originally posted by The Sower View Post
                      :up:

((((HUGS)))))
                      I'm assuming you must be female in you gave me hugs.. so tell us more about yourself .. :)

Comment

Comment

Yes I am (((((hugs))))))

What would you like to know about me?:wavey:

Comment

John chapter 3 in the bible.. where Jesus is reported as saying that "unless a man is born again, He cannot enter the kingdom of heaven."

Other verses speak of people being born again by having the Holy Spirit in them..

Once someone accepts Jesus as their saviour, Christians believe that the Holy Spirit comes and lives in them.. this is the "born again" principle.

Churches have different ideas on how you know someone is born again..but that is the unifying understanding

Comment

I've been again since i was young~Cant you feel the love coming thru the keyboard!((((((HUGS))))))):inlove:with Jesus

Comment

Working...
                              X