• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• detached soul
    replied
    Originally posted by notEVOLVED View Post

You have to beat Indians and Chinese to get in
    Yes, and they take some beating, especially the Indians.

Leave a comment:

• notEVOLVED
    replied
    Originally posted by detached soul View Post

Thank you from someone who works in the industry. There is a lot of jobs available in the IT industry, but they want people with the right experience and qualifications. It is hard to break into IT for graduates for entry level jobs when they have no relevant experience.

I've been watching too many YouTube videos saying that you can break into entry level IT jobs without the experience. With software engineering I'm sure that if you can prove to the employer that you are proficient in coding in python or C# or JavaScript or any other programming language, even if you don't have a CS degree you can still get the job.

Your probably right about the too many code monkeys and not enough coding engineers.
    You have to beat Indians and Chinese to get in

Leave a comment:

• detached soul
    replied
    Originally posted by Muhammad Hasan View Post

Eh this is only half true imo, coming from someone who works in a related job.

Whilst it is true that there is a shortage, and plenty of jobs about, in reality employers are looking for skilled people with years of industrial experience, in very particular frameworks, work processes and technologies. "Building your own apps" rarely gives you the specific skill set you actually need, just tells the employer you might have some basic knowledge of a programming language.

Graduates/Non-graduate entry level people have a tough time finding a job in the industry. CS actually has the highest graduate unemployment rate, last I checked. There is only a shortage of people at the experienced and more senior levels.

Too many code monkeys, not enough actual engineers.
    Thank you from someone who works in the industry. There is a lot of jobs available in the IT industry, but they want people with the right experience and qualifications. It is hard to break into IT for graduates for entry level jobs when they have no relevant experience.

I've been watching too many YouTube videos saying that you can break into entry level IT jobs without the experience. With software engineering I'm sure that if you can prove to the employer that you are proficient in coding in python or C# or JavaScript or any other programming language, even if you don't have a CS degree you can still get the job.

Your probably right about the too many code monkeys and not enough coding engineers.

Leave a comment:

• Muhammad Hasan
    replied

I think the most in demand job market today is tech and information technology. There's a skills shortage in this job market. Software engineering is well paid as well and very sought-after skill. You don't need a computer science degree to get a job in software engineering, if you can prove that you've got the skills and can build applications then you'll get the job. There was one time when i really wanted to get into tech but nowadays I'm just happy with a job that pays the bills. Especially with the rise in cost of living.

I think the trick is to find a job that you enjoy doing and are passionate about and is well paid. If you can do that you are very lucky. Very lucky indeed.
    Eh this is only half true imo, coming from someone who works in a related job.

Whilst it is true that there is a shortage, and plenty of jobs about, in reality employers are looking for skilled people with years of industrial experience, in very particular frameworks, work processes and technologies. "Building your own apps" rarely gives you the specific skill set you actually need, just tells the employer you might have some basic knowledge of a programming language.

Graduates/Non-graduate entry level people have a tough time finding a job in the industry. CS actually has the highest graduate unemployment rate, last I checked. There is only a shortage of people at the experienced and more senior levels.

Too many code monkeys, not enough actual engineers.

Leave a comment:

• Ya'sin
    replied
    I think I'm paranoid
    Last edited by Ya'sin; 1 day ago.

Leave a comment:

• Yusuf987
    replied
    Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
    My mums in hospital, pray for her peeps :) she had a varices problem
    I hope she's recovering Insha Allah and ameen

Leave a comment:

• Yusuf987
    replied
    Originally posted by Faith reloaded 2 View Post
    Bought XBOX

excited

im going to play n64, wii, gamecube, megadrive and psp games on it by unlocking dev mode and getting retroarch!

XBOX games will be an afterthought
    How did that work out for you? I'm thinking of getting one for the same reason. Did you get the S or the X?

Leave a comment:

• neelu
    replied
    Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
    I feel suspicious about something

I have nothing to support the suspicion though

Usually I'm right on the suspicion ​​​​​​
    If you're usually right on such matters then don't ignore it as you could be on to something. Society often underestimates the power of a woman's intuition. I've noticed ever since I became ill, I feel 'vibes' far more strongly from people. We're taught to pay attention to what people say but actually they communicate far more in body language and non verbal cues and that can trigger our intuition that things are not as they seem.

Depending on the person, my advice would differ though. For example with my brother's ex, she was always suspicious minded and always seeing the worst in people- so she doesn't realise her intuition is paranoia and needs to be dialled back otherwise it'll destroy all your relationships and the people you have left in your life will have to walk over eggshells whenever they talk to you. <--- If that doesn't sound like you though- pay attention to your intuition cos it's usually right.

Leave a comment:

• detached soul
    replied

Jazak Allah hu Khairan

True, not gonna stress about it so will forget
    Yeh. Best to not entertain such thoughts. Leave it to Allah.

Leave a comment:

• Ya'sin
    replied

Depends on what your suspicious about, a thing or a person. But remember Allah SWT says

Quran says: Believers, avoid much suspicion. Indeed, some suspicion is a sin (49: 12).
    Jazak Allah hu Khairan

True, not gonna stress about it so will forget

Leave a comment:

• detached soul
    replied

Depends on what your suspicious about, a thing or a person. But remember Allah SWT says

Quran says: Believers, avoid much suspicion. Indeed, some suspicion is a sin (49: 12).

Leave a comment:

• Kiro
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Ya'sin
    replied

Leave a comment:

• detached soul
    replied
    Originally posted by neelu View Post

ameen.

Sadly employee working conditions are awful wherever you look. Poverty wages mean even nurses have to rely on food banks to eat. Gig economy means people don't have the right to paid leave or maternity leave or (in the US) healthcare entitlement. Evil ideology from its roots.
    I think the most in demand job market today is tech and information technology. There's a skills shortage in this job market. Software engineering is well paid as well and very sought-after skill. You don't need a computer science degree to get a job in software engineering, if you can prove that you've got the skills and can build applications then you'll get the job. There was one time when i really wanted to get into tech but nowadays I'm just happy with a job that pays the bills. Especially with the rise in cost of living.

I think the trick is to find a job that you enjoy doing and are passionate about and is well paid. If you can do that you are very lucky. Very lucky indeed.

Leave a comment:

• neelu
    replied

May Allah make it easy for you. May you find a good job and may Allah give you barakah in your rizq.
    ameen.

Sadly employee working conditions are awful wherever you look. Poverty wages mean even nurses have to rely on food banks to eat. Gig economy means people don't have the right to paid leave or maternity leave or (in the US) healthcare entitlement. Evil ideology from its roots.

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X