• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are some Muslims boycotting Qatar

West: JUMP

Some Muslims: How high
    Last edited by Ya'sin; 1 week ago. Reason: Meh

Comment

• This aalim in the link at the bottom has written some good posts about his skepticism on Qatar and the sports washing done via the world cup. In short:

- Qatar so heavily exploited migrant workers from Pakistan, Bangladesh and other developing nations that it's estimated over 6000 migrants died from being worked to death and kept in appalling conditions to build roads and buildings for the world cup

- Aside from the migrants who were killed by Qatar (and their death certificates stink of a cover up claiming 30 year old healthy, fit men died of 'heart attacks' in their thousands), many of the migrant workers haven't been paid and many of them have been left injured and in debt (due to not being paid) and given no medical treatment. Qatar spent over £200 billion on the world cup and yet couldn't spare a few quid to ensure the people building it had adequate accommodation or working conditions or even pay!

- Qatar has US airbases which are used to fly off and bomb Muslim lands

- Qatar was involved in the bombing of the already destitute Yemen

- Qatar is attempting 'sports washing' in the West and at the same time is attempting "deen washing" in Muslim lands by pushing posts claiming they've got blah blah dawah centres and promoting Quran recitation etc, but they're already pushing half truths. For example, they're telling the Muslim world that they've banned the sale of alcohol during the world cup when in fact they've only banned it in the main part of the stadium. Alcohol is still being served in the corporate boxes of the stadium and it is being sold in hotels and certain establishments away from the stadium.

- The opening ceremony with Morgan Freeman involved a brother quoting an ayah of Quran and then only translating half of it (the half about "created as tribes and nations so that we may know one another [not despise one another]) but left out the translation of the last part of the ayah which is "and the best of you are those who have the most taqwa"

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
      Why are some Muslims boycotting Qatar

West: JUMP

Some Muslims: How high
      "Maybe Muslims have time to trip over the exploited, dead and unpaid migrant workers to defend rich exploitative Qataris, but I don’t have the time as I have actual dawah and khidma to do.
      All I suggested is watch the great game and keep in mind the wrongfulness of the regime hosting it. Hold your nose so to speak.
      I spent yesterday taking on a whole bunch of you, it was mildly entertaining and a little bit depressing to see our condition up close. But I can’t do it today I’m afraid, I have too much on.
      You guys and gals put on the telly and scream at the screen, ima get on with my community work."

Quote Source: Moinul Abū Hamza | Facebook
      The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

• Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

Stop attaching yourself to random people on the internet

Seek happiness in Allah not uf
        Thank you. The truest words said so far. Thank you.

Ya'sin I know we've spoke about this before, but it just feels personal, like when people don't reply to my post or completely ignore it. I know its all in my head. It's just part of my mental illness. I'm not making any excuses for it, but i've really got to get over this. How can chatting to people on a forum can validate how i feel about myself. Thats just ridiculous. May i overcome this.

Faith reloaded 2 I know you are a busy man. It's just i'm going through a lot of problems in real life as well and when people don't respond to or acknowledge my post on the internet i get it into my head that everybody hates me and everybody's out to get me.

Thank you to all the members on the forum for your tolerance and putting up with me.

OMG i really have to get over this!!
        'If you are grateful, I will surely increase you [in favor]'

Surah Ibrahim (14:7)

Comment

• neelu

Jzk I have read about all that and I don't object to any of it but I still think the non Muslim world will again, use this to stir amongst muslims and cause conflict internally like they cunningly do everywhere
          ​​​​​​For the record, I don't care about the world cup and I don't watch football, it's not entertainment for me in the slightest, men with shorts running around- it's not lowering one's gaze.

In the past when I was a kid, the world cup was like family time and just enjoying watching countries play, it was different.

Going back to the Muslims, how are they actually helping by boycotting them. Who truly benefits from the boycott. Further divisions amongst Muslims causing more stir between Muslims rather than actually trying to find solutions..

Where have they been when the question arises about fast fashion including countries like Bangladesh where there aren't even adequate factories for the workers to carry out the work. They are too busy in shopping in Primark. Primark too much of a bargain to call them out maybe.

Have people boycotted the likes of Next, HnM where there's a good number of clothes made in Myanmar where muslims are getting slaughtered.

Adding to that, it seems nearly all Muslim women purchase from that hideous Shein who sold prayer mats as rugs in the past, but Muslim women are still buying from them and they seem to be online promoting it too..SheIn is a Chinese mega fashion company and is questionable about it's work ethics towards it's employers. I wouldn't be surprised if Muslims are one of their top customers.

This have been ongoing issues but somehow it has all been magnified for Qatar only.

Qatar is probably using religion as a tool, but Muslims, imo seem to go wherever the wind takes them, they're not really helping themselves. They follow people that don't want their good but destruction instead and Muslims seem oblivious to that.

Are we going to boycott Saudi Arabia now and not go to pilgrimage, Saudi is part of the meddling in Yemen too and they are in partnership with the US.

I might be missing something here but as far as I have been told, even the worst of Muslim is better than a Kaffir. Isn't that right?

I'm confused at how Muslims will cause enmity between themselves but stand in solidarity with those that are taking them for a ride..

No Muslim was boycotting china during the world cup over there.

I am probably missing something or I don't know, I just finding it frustrating, I'm not boycotting anyone, just doesn't make sense to me when a Muslim is suddenly acting this is all new and them boycotting Qatar will serve a purpose when instead there could be a more productive way of making a change

Again don't know just my frustrated waffling

Comment

• Originally posted by detached soul View Post

Ya'sin I know we've spoke about this before, but it just feels personal, like when people don't reply to my post or completely ignore it. I know its all in my head. It's just part of my mental illness. I'm not making any excuses for it, but i've really got to get over this. How can chatting to people on a forum can validate how i feel about myself. Thats just ridiculous. May i overcome this.

Faith reloaded 2 I know you are a busy man. It's just i'm going through a lot of problems in real life as well and when people don't respond to or acknowledge my post on the internet i get it into my head that everybody hates me and everybody's out to get me.

Thank you to all the members on the forum for your tolerance and putting up with me.

OMG i really have to get over this!!
            You said to the mod on here you don't have mental illness
            and then when I gave the impression that you do, you had a go at me, I'm not a patient person but I had to be really patient with your 'attack'

I'm going to be honest, I thought this guy has issues

I am very happy that you will be getting over this because it is SO irritating to read, it's the same line

I don't expect you to tell me what illnesses you have as that is your business and your choice but look into other networks, maybe other lonely men, do they have groups at your work place, maybe join those

I'm sure there are so many men lonely men out there, it's just they are not expressive, maybe make friends with someone

If I see another leper post, I'm gonna scream at you

Even I am scared of my own self and what I'll say

​​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

and then when I gave the impression that you do, you had a go at me, I'm not a patient person but I had to be really patient with your 'attack'

I am very happy that you will be getting over this because it is SO irritating to read, it's the same line

I don't expect you to tell me what illnesses you have as that is your business and your choice but look into other networks, maybe other lonely men, do they have groups at your work place, maybe join those

I'm sure there are so many men lonely men out there, it's just they are not expressive, maybe make friends with someone

​​​​​​

I'm not a lonely man. Maybe i do have issues or maybe people treat me wrongly or differently to how they treat others. Allah knows best.

I leave it to Allah to do justice. One thing i will say about me is that i'm completely honest, even on the internet!

Most people on here are social loners if the truth be told. Its just others are better at covering up their loneliness with bravado and having the gift of the gab.

Comment

I'm not a lonely man. Maybe i do have issues or maybe people treat me wrongly or differently to how they treat others. Allah knows best.

I leave it to Allah to do justice. One thing i will say about me is that i'm completely honest, even on the internet!

Most people on here are social loners if the truth be told. Its just others are better at covering up their loneliness with bravado and having the gift of the gab.
                Being lonely is not some insult man
                we need to clamp on that kind of attitude and who has the audacity power to criticise loneliness when the person they point at has no control in changing that

You have lonely people that are married, lonely people that have family, lonely people that are wealthy, lonely people that has so many people around them still lonely and empty

Loneliness is a fact of life and it shouldn't be shamed

I'm lonely sometimes, does that give others the right to use it as an attack against me no it doesn't..
                ​​​
                Because people can lose their company immediately, who will have the last laugh then...

I made a suggestion, you don't have to take it but I will say this, if people are going to say something or attack a person who is lonely, they need to be told their final resting place is the grave

We all be alone and it is nothing to hide or mock, it's not a weakness, just a challenge for many

Highly doubt people here are hiding their loneliness, there is nothing to lose or gain either way

Last edited by Ya'sin; 1 week ago. Reason: Too many typos but we can learn and expand our comprehension skills this way when we speak to those with English as their language

Comment

Being lonely is not some insult man
                  we need to clamp on that kind of attitude and who has the audacity power to criticise loneliness when the person they point at has no control in changing that

You have lonely people that are married, lonely people that have family, lonely people that are wealthy, lonely people that has so many people around them still lonely and empty

Loneliness is a fact of life and it shouldn't be shamed

I'm lonely sometimes, does that give others the right to use it as an attack against me no it doesn't..
                  ​​​
                  Because people can lose their company immediately, who will have the last laugh then...

I made a suggestion, you don't have to take it but I will say this, if people are going to say something or attack a person who is lonely, they need to be told their final resting place is the grave

We all be alone and it is nothing to hide or mock, it's not a weakness, just a challenge for many

Highly doubt people here are hiding their loneliness, there is nothing to lose or gain either way
                  Yes being lonely is not a weakness. Everybody feels lonely at some point in their life. It is nothing to be ashamed of. I didn't take it as an insult.

It's just that i feel people on here and in real life treat me differently. The Original post i made is that after 18 hours nobody had posted after me on the random thread, when usually people respond or make a post after within a like 5 or 6 hours at the most. Thats why i felt that i was treated like a leper. I know it is not the first time ive said this, but its because it keeps happening. I make a post or quote someone and then for like 10 or 12 hours nobody responds or makes a post after me. Hence why i said i feel like a leper.

I dont have any issues with anyone or openly insulted anyone on here, if i have said something wrong i have apologized for it. So why then people don't post after me?

It's just that the internet is such a hidden place. People can portray themselves as being someone they are not in real life. All the bravado and all the talk is just a facade.

I try to be honest in real life and on ummah forum. I'm not trying to please anybody or win points i just like the banter on here between users. That's why im still here.

Comment

• Hamza1416 is completely loony toons- several sandwiches short of a picnic- ufffff!

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
                    neelu

Jzk I have read about all that and I don't object to any of it but I still think the non Muslim world will again, use this to stir amongst muslims and cause conflict internally like they cunningly do everywhere
                    ​​​​​​For the record, I don't care about the world cup and I don't watch football, it's not entertainment for me in the slightest, men with shorts running around- it's not lowering one's gaze.

In the past when I was a kid, the world cup was like family time and just enjoying watching countries play, it was different.

Going back to the Muslims, how are they actually helping by boycotting them. Who truly benefits from the boycott. Further divisions amongst Muslims causing more stir between Muslims rather than actually trying to find solutions..

Where have they been when the question arises about fast fashion including countries like Bangladesh where there aren't even adequate factories for the workers to carry out the work. They are too busy in shopping in Primark. Primark too much of a bargain to call them out maybe.

Have people boycotted the likes of Next, HnM where there's a good number of clothes made in Myanmar where muslims are getting slaughtered.

Adding to that, it seems nearly all Muslim women purchase from that hideous Shein who sold prayer mats as rugs in the past, but Muslim women are still buying from them and they seem to be online promoting it too..SheIn is a Chinese mega fashion company and is questionable about it's work ethics towards it's employers. I wouldn't be surprised if Muslims are one of their top customers.

This have been ongoing issues but somehow it has all been magnified for Qatar only.

Qatar is probably using religion as a tool, but Muslims, imo seem to go wherever the wind takes them, they're not really helping themselves. They follow people that don't want their good but destruction instead and Muslims seem oblivious to that.

Are we going to boycott Saudi Arabia now and not go to pilgrimage, Saudi is part of the meddling in Yemen too and they are in partnership with the US.

I might be missing something here but as far as I have been told, even the worst of Muslim is better than a Kaffir. Isn't that right?

I'm confused at how Muslims will cause enmity between themselves but stand in solidarity with those that are taking them for a ride..

No Muslim was boycotting china during the world cup over there.

I am probably missing something or I don't know, I just finding it frustrating, I'm not boycotting anyone, just doesn't make sense to me when a Muslim is suddenly acting this is all new and them boycotting Qatar will serve a purpose when instead there could be a more productive way of making a change

Again don't know just my frustrated waffling

Honestly I don't know anyone boycotting the football so I'm not the best person to ask why anyone has boycotted it, but I assumed that as you said Muslims are boycotting it, then what I mentioned in my previous comment would be a good list of reasons for doing so.

Having said that, for the most part, I don't boycott either. I mean, okay, I avoid buying stuff that's made in occupied Palestine but that's about it- I'm not that hardcore about it for the same reason as you. Basically all the countries of the world are ruled by kufr and all the governments are not working in the interests of Islam or the Ummah with several of the biggest key nations actively attacking Islam and Muslims and you can't exactly boycott everyone and everything.

As for Qatar, the outrage against it these days especially from the kufaar is very hypocritical. They're just upset that they can't spread acceptance of their perversions to other countries so having a hissy fit about it. 95% of their upset is about gays and beer, then as a casual footnote like the small print in an ad, there's a tiny mention of atrocities against migrants- like none of us know what happens to migrants crossing the English channel!

I don't say that in defence of Qatar, more as a statement of annoyance about the hissy fit the kufaar are having and their need to dominate MY newsfeed with a hundred sponsored links of newspapers with those bloody g**du armbands!
                    The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

​​​​​​

Relax

How many people are patient with your whining and ranting

Comment

!!
                        Son man up

Don't depend on people or seek happiness in them (though it's natural to) its much better to have dependence in Allah and seek happiness and tranquility from Allah by remembering Him in dhikr, salah and seeking ilm

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...n9YGXbh7Uoqhzr

I recommend watching this it will really help

Comment

• Learn about Tawheed and it will help you in the toughest of times and situations when you feel low, stressed or depressed

The quran has so many jewels we just don't realize

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...n9YGXbh7Uoqhzr

This series above will help those that want improvement in their life just put the time in to open the link and listen

Comment

Its been 18 hours since i made that last post ^. So.......nobody wants to be seen posting after me. You might catch something if your seen posting after me. Don't worry i get the message!

It's like that in real life for me too. Nobody wants to be seen talking to me. I'm treated like a leper.

Thank you all of you, you lot carry on with your fun and games. You won't see me on here again!

See ya all in the next life.
                            Just relax.
                            i don't bother if someone reads my posts or not -- i don't care if i get a response or not and definitely don't care if someone is angry at me.

stop bothering and your life will become beautiful.
                            "Europe died in Bosnia and was buried in Syria. Bodies of innocent children washing ashore are the
                            western civilization's tombstones"

Rajab Tayyab Erdogan

Comment

...You won't see me on here again!....
                              If only...

Comment

• Originally posted by neelu View Post
                                Hamza1416 is completely loony toons- several sandwiches short of a picnic- ufffff!

Honestly I don't know anyone boycotting the football so I'm not the best person to ask why anyone has boycotted it, but I assumed that as you said Muslims are boycotting it, then what I mentioned in my previous comment would be a good list of reasons for doing so.

Having said that, for the most part, I don't boycott either. I mean, okay, I avoid buying stuff that's made in occupied Palestine but that's about it- I'm not that hardcore about it for the same reason as you. Basically all the countries of the world are ruled by kufr and all the governments are not working in the interests of Islam or the Ummah with several of the biggest key nations actively attacking Islam and Muslims and you can't exactly boycott everyone and everything.

As for Qatar, the outrage against it these days especially from the kufaar is very hypocritical. They're just upset that they can't spread acceptance of their perversions to other countries so having a hissy fit about it. 95% of their upset is about gays and beer, then as a casual footnote like the small print in an ad, there's a tiny mention of atrocities against migrants- like none of us know what happens to migrants crossing the English channel!

I don't say that in defence of Qatar, more as a statement of annoyance about the hissy fit the kufaar are having and their need to dominate MY newsfeed with a hundred sponsored links of newspapers with those bloody g**du armbands!
                                Oh yeh I saw that and thought there is no helping there, never seen something like that on here before
                                ​​​​​​It's true and that is exactly what it is because they're not able to spread their version of 'freedom' over there

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X