• Show
Clear All

• Nobody cares.

:*-(

Comment

• Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
      Nobody cares.

:*-(
      That’s their choice and everybody is entitled to choose what they do and don’t care about. We should not be offended if others do not care.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
        I came home just a little before 8pm today and it's awkward when I want to see my dad because I don't know what else to say other other than kita khorrai abba which is a dumb question but it's the only way because it's not right if I don't see him once a day while living in the same house
        My dad probably thinks in his head, what you mug

Mums are different, it's easier with them, but dads, I can't describe it

I thought dad and son was an awkward relationship but it can happen with daughters too

​​​​​​My Bengali is getting worse and I don't want to lose that important part of me, it will be a major memory
        ​​​​
        Do you have anything in common with your dad other than being genetically related? Maybe ask him what he got up to during the day or take an interest in what he does or share your daily happenings with him. You never know, he might take an interest in your day. Could help dispell the awkwardness.
        Don't let my online status deceive you
        (I'm just a member of the Chinese terracotta army)

Comment

• Originally posted by notEVOLVED View Post
          What is a woman?
          Come on akhi you need to quit trolling.

Please make beneficial posts dear brother.

Comment

• Hello I'm new here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
              I was given a foreign change the other day, they should have given me a £2 coin, later I noticed it had the Arabic numeric on it so I asked about it at the Bank, they said they can't do anything and I could just return it to the shop I brought it from
              I took it to the money exchange, she couldn't help me either because they only have European currencies
              I took it back to the shop I received from originally but they didn't accept it and suggested the bank and money travel, I told her can't you just keep it and that I don't want the change from them

Do any of you know what else I can do with it

Please don't say google it, it looks exactly like a two pound coin, it's either fake or is from an Arab country
              This happened to my dad once. He paid for something and was given some coins as change but later he realised one of the coins wasn't a real two pound coin. I don't know if he ever got the chance to get rid of it or not, otherwise he's stuck with it. If I were in your shoes, I'd probably try to spend it (give it with a number of other coins) in a busy supermarket where the staff wont have time to thoroughly check it.
              The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

• Originally posted by neelu View Post

This happened to my dad once. He paid for something and was given some coins as change but later he realised one of the coins wasn't a real two pound coin. I don't know if he ever got the chance to get rid of it or not, otherwise he's stuck with it. If I were in your shoes, I'd probably try to spend it (give it with a number of other coins) in a busy supermarket where the staff wont have time to thoroughly check it.
                I'm going to give it to the shop that gave it to me in the first place again and tell them to keep it

I wouldn't want that to be added to my bad deeds, I think it seems dishonest and I hate stuff like that, I'd rather pay more than know that I may not have paid the right amount or deliberately tried to be fraudulent
                I hate it when they do this, obviously I'm not going to check change then and there, I only found out when I was paying at a different shop and the cashier checked it.

They're very good at spotting it when taking the cash, I bet that girl knew it as soon as she gave it to me

I am short sighted and am shida so obviously not chalak enough to notice straight away

Comment

• Originally posted by spytek View Post

Do you have anything in common with your dad other than being genetically related? Maybe ask him what he got up to during the day or take an interest in what he does or share your daily happenings with him. You never know, he might take an interest in your day. Could help dispell the awkwardness.
                  Thanks for the suggestion

That's not going to work, there's the generation difference and different expectations

I know that they are worried I'm becoming too settled and comfortable so that will only add to that

Comment

• Originally posted by abdulsalam09 View Post
                    Hello I'm new here.

Welcome to the forum

Comment

• Originally posted by abdulsalam09 View Post
                      Hello I'm new here.
                      Welcome aboard
                      The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

• Asalmu Alakum

I hope you're all doing well.

Quick question. I want my family to sacrifice a goat or lamb this coming eid but currently I am the only one who can afford it. Is it ok if I do it on behalf of my family or does it have to be my dad? I was looking it up but I am not sure if I specifically can do it on behalf of my family.
                        Last edited by aelmo; 19-06-22, 11:27 AM.

Comment

• The school year is almost over alhamdullillah. I am so happy 😭

I am going to put together gift bags for my kiddies so I am super excited about that.

I'm also going to Canada soon. to be honest I'm not super excited to go but I am looking forward to experiencing colder weather. My siblings there say its extremely hot but I looked it up and its barely 30 C most days so I don't know what they are on about. Clearly I have just grown accustomed to 40+ C weather so I am sure I won't notice the "heat" that they are talking about.

Comment

• Your mom has four kids. The names of three of them are North, South and East. What's the fourth one's name?

Comment

• Originally posted by aelmo View Post
                              Asalmu Alakum

I hope you're all doing well.

Quick question. I want my family to sacrifice a goat or lamb this coming eid but currently I am the only one who can afford it. Is it ok if I do it on behalf of my family or does it have to be my dad? I was looking it up but I am not sure if I specifically can do it on behalf of my family.
                              Waalikumsalam

​​​​​​Welcome back

Thought you became a kangaroo ('bounced' off here)

​​​​​​I'm not a 100% about your question

Comment

• Originally posted by notEVOLVED View Post
                                Your mom has four kids. The names of three of them are North, South and East. What's the fourth one's name?
                                Erm I fink it's neva eat shredded wheat or sumfin lyk vat

Btw who are you asking these questions to only to come back with another one

u r havin a laff u r

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X