Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone know how the animals, whose meat are labelled as "Halal", are treated?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know how the animals, whose meat are labelled as "Halal", are treated?

Assalamualykum

Just watched a documentary called Dominion (2018) on animal farming industry. It's NSFL. It's a really horrible watch. It makes me wonder about the answers to the question I wrote on the title.

No one can tell you how each animal is treated

That could vary from company to company, from worker to worker, from shift to shift, from stall to stall

However, safe to say, oist "commercial" places are not as safe as individual farmers

Buy your meat local
    .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
    نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
    دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Walaykum salam,

Not watched the vid but I can tell you I already know about the horrendous conditions that factory farmed animals are often kept in and I refuse to eat that. A few years ago I made the decision to switch to only buying meat that is halal and organic 'tayyib' meat. It is more expensive to produce because the animals need more space to graze in fields and they take longer to grow up because they are not fed artificial hormones to rapidly fatten them up, but I believe it's worth spending a bit more. Also I have loads of health problems and I'm not the least bit convinced that factory farmed meat is healthy.

If you do an online search then inshaAllah you can find some companies out there who treat their livestock animals better and are halal. If you have any doubts, some of these companies welcome visitors and you can visit the farm yourself. I know one organic halal farm called Willowbrook do that, in fact my brother is planning to visit it soon inshaAllah. There's another halal meat place local to me and although it doesn't have any official label of free range or anything, but my dad knows the guy who owns the shop and he said he owns the farm that the meat is sourced from and that my dad is welcome to visit the site if he wants to see the conditions himself (I think that place is free range but not organic). I know there are some vids out there saying even farms that allow visitors can sometimes be hiding bad practices, but I think there are ways of verifying these things. Many years ago, I knew a brother who was so distrustful of the dodgy practices in the halal meat industry (and was so against stunning of animals which I think became a legal requirement in abbatoirs in his country), that he never ate meat unless it came from his parents farm and the rest of the time he ate vegetarian food. That was over 20 years ago when I didn't know as much on the subject and at the time I thought he was sooooo extreme and why couldn't he lighten up and just accept the word of a Muslim butcher that the food in the shop is halal... but yeah, after some years and learning a bit more on the subject, I can understand why he did that.
      The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
      X