life's a learning curve, doesn't discriminate when it comes to age

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• life's a learning curve, doesn't discriminate when it comes to age

hey so theres one thing I've learned recently in life and is that some people are happy for you, up until you reach their level or exceed them, especially when it comes to wordly things and materials

Its kinda sad, what happened to being happy for others?

Like some people enjoy it when someone is struck with calamities

Like for example when i see someone who's just had an accident,
    I swear to Allah and Allah knows what's in my heart as I'm just generally talking and not trying to show off but I swear by Allah it breaks my heart and I feel for them as it's never nice to go through that experience as I've been through it myself

Now even if I've been through the same experience personally or not, I wouldn't wish it upon others, why do peeps wish bad upon others or even get happy when something?

Is it just the rat race of this dunya?

Competition over how big your tv is, or what number plate your car is, or how many bricks your house has compared to someone else?

I don't think this is just a muslim problem I think this is a problem with which humanity is suffering

What does this have to do with age?

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah
      What does this have to do with age?
      As in doesn't matter what age you are life is always full of surprise's and you're always learning, it's a never ending process I suppose till death comes knocking on the door imo

Comment

Has this account been hijacked by a teenage girl?

?:-|

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah
          Has this account been hijacked by a teenage girl?

?:-|
          Maybe ,I am a bit of a split personality lol 🤦🤷

Comment

Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post

Maybe ,I am a bit of a split personality lol 🤦🤷
            lol lol rofl lol

Comment

Diseased hearts, jealousy, envy. All poison

Comment

Dear brother, you are not so totally wrong.
                Happiness without a proper spiritual life does not exist, but with Islam there is a lot of room for happiness in this dunya life to.

Noor and dhulumat must not not be the same.

You should race in goodness, altruism, in noor way.

Start enjoying the right path!

Comment

Originally posted by Faith reloaded 2
                  Diseased hearts, jealousy, envy. All poison
                  Yea dwfo diseases from the heart, we all have them just so many different types and some people recognize they have it whilst some don't 🤷

Comment

It's there somewhere for most people, I think, deep inside where we might not even realise. Doesn't even have to be material things, does it? Could be knowledge, reputation, all sorts of things... The achievements of our children, etc, etc... Even if it's a fleeting feeling. We just make du'aa for barakah in it for them as soon as we experience any tiny little bit (and even when we don't).

Not spending too much time with people who are boastful etc, should help as well, you'd think.
                    ​​Your du'aa... Always dear, always needed (Jazaa'akumullah Khair.)

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Eorlingas View Post

Good one.
                        Lighter moods needed on board.

Comment

I don't think this is just a muslim problem I think this is a problem with which humanity is suffering
                          So I guess this is a pre-approval for a non-Muslims to replay.

I agree this is a problem in which all humanity is affected.

hey so there's one thing I've learned recently in life and is that some people are happy for you, up until you reach their level or exceed them, especially when it comes to worldly things and materials.
                          You start at university. In the same class with the same major is an acquaintance of yours from school days past. He is dorky and awkward and his grades were mediocre. You become friends at university and feel as you are helping him adapt and improve. 3 years later he has better grades and is more popular than you. On graduation he gets a higher paying job in a more prestigious position than you.

I realize I don't like him anymore. Yet in my heart I feel I should be happy for my childhood friend. The difference comes down to what Muslims call 'Iman'. In my opinion.

~Bub
                          From the Many, One

Comment

Originally posted by Fakhri-bin-Ali
                            It's there somewhere for most people, I think, deep inside where we might not even realise. Doesn't even have to be material things, does it? Could be knowledge, reputation, all sorts of things... The achievements of our children, etc, etc... Even if it's a fleeting feeling. We just make du'aa for barakah in it for them as soon as we experience any tiny little bit (and even when we don't).

Not spending too much time with people who are boastful etc, should help as well, you'd think.
                            I just don't get how others get happy due to someone else going through calamities though, it's kinda crazy as to me that's pure evil, I mean why wish Ill on others?

Comment

Originally posted by BubbleGum
                              So I guess this is a pre-approval for a non-Muslims to replay.

I agree this is a problem in which all humanity is affected.

hey so there's one thing I've learned recently in life and is that some people are happy for you, up until you reach their level or exceed them, especially when it comes to worldly things and materials.
                              You start at university. In the same class with the same major is an acquaintance of yours from school days past. He is dorky and awkward and his grades were mediocre. You become friends at university and feel as you are helping him adapt and improve. 3 years later he has better grades and is more popular than you. On graduation he gets a higher paying job in a more prestigious position than you.

I realize I don't like him anymore. Yet in my heart I feel I should be happy for my childhood friend. The difference comes down to what Muslims call 'Iman'. In my opinion.

~Bub
                              I don't believe it's just an issue with faith (Iman),
                              as I feel it's more of an ego/pride thing too,
                              of course could be jealousy and envy even without realizing it tbf

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X