How many languages can you speak?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many languages can you speak?

I am sitting next to these people and they seem to be able to speak like 5 languages and I’m quite shook.

I can barely speak English 😅 and my Arabic is quite tragic.

I am terrible at learning new languages. Some people just don’t got it.

so how many languages do you all speak? And what are they?My guess is most of you speak 2.
    0%
    40.00%
    10.00%
    4+
    50.00%
    Last edited by aelmo; 01-08-21, 12:50 PM.

Originally posted by aelmo View Post
    I am sitting next to these people and they seem to be able to speak like 5 languages and I’m quite shook.

I can barely speak English 😅 and my Arabic is quite tragic.

I am terrible at learning new languages. Some people just don’t got it.

so how many languages do you all speak? And what are they?My guess is most of you speak 2.
    You need to vote on your thread in shaa ALLAH

Assalamu Alaykom
    ALLAH AL-ATHEEM created everything. Therefore ALLAH AL-ATHEEM created the earth and everything in the earth and created all of the heavens and everything in all of these heavens and created all of the hells and everything in all of these hells and created all of the universes and everything in all of these universes and created everything in between them.

Comment

Originally posted by ABDEL-ATHEEM View Post

You need to vote on your thread in shaa ALLAH

Assalamu Alaykom
      Indeed

walakum asalam

Comment

Does Hindi and Urdu count as 1?

Comment

Originally posted by notEVOLVED View Post
          yes
          ALLAH AL-ATHEEM created everything. Therefore ALLAH AL-ATHEEM created the earth and everything in the earth and created all of the heavens and everything in all of these heavens and created all of the hells and everything in all of these hells and created all of the universes and everything in all of these universes and created everything in between them.

Comment

no they count as two languages

Comment

Pretty much the same with slight differences but would still be counted as two different languages because the writing is different
              'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Aelmo, I can't speak English either, not as well as I should but that's my main language.

Parents and relatives spoke syhleti so I picked it up from them, I'm not fluent but I can understand it.

Very little Urdu/Hindi, I wouldn't put it on paper though.

Can't speak Arabic unfortunately.
                'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

Comment

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

Pretty much the same with slight differences but would still be counted as two different languages because the writing is different
                  really I learn something new everyday ma shaa ALLAH. I was told that urdu uses an arabic alphabet because the muslims in india wanted to distinguish themselves from the hindu mushrikeen.

Comment

really I learn something new everyday ma shaa ALLAH. I was told that urdu uses an arabic alphabet because the muslims in india wanted to distinguish themselves from the hindu mushrikeen.
                    I think that's true
                    I meant they sound the same and have similarities there

Comment

I think that's true
                      I meant they sound the same and have similarities there
                      Thank you for teaching me that they sound the same. I did not know that.

Comment

English - Can speak. Tajweed not as good as Faith reloaded 2
                        Bengali - Can speak and read.
                        Hindi - Can understand and speak somewhat. Can read and write.

Arabic - Can say my name and that I don't know Arabic
                        Malay - Can say my name too

Comment

Aelmo, I can't speak English either, not as well as I should but that's my main language.

Parents and relatives spoke syhleti so I picked it up from them, I'm not fluent but I can understand it.

Very little Urdu/Hindi, I wouldn't put it on paper though.

Can't speak Arabic unfortunately.
                          So 3?

I just don’t talk much in real life and when I was younger I had a very bad stutter for a while (not anymore but remnants of that are still there) so when I feel nervous or I’m very excited I end up tripping over my words a lot even though English is also basically the only thing I speak.

I can understand and read Arabic very well but I need to be forced to speak it for a few hours in a row to be able to sound more fluent. I just don’t have anyone who I need to speak to in Arabic often.

Comment

Originally posted by aelmo View Post

So 3?

I just don’t talk much in real life and when I was younger I had a very bad stutter for a while (not anymore but remnants of that are still there) so when I feel nervous or I’m very excited I end up tripping over my words a lot even though English is also basically the only thing I speak.

I can understand and read Arabic very well but I need to be forced to speak it for a few hours in a row to be able to sound more fluent. I just don’t have anyone who I need to speak to in Arabic often.
                            Use the time that your in UAE to practice your arabic with the local arab women in shaa ALLAH and over time you will progress in your arabic speaking abilities until your fluent in arabic in shaa ALLAH

Comment

Use the time that your in UAE to practice your arabic with the local arab women in shaa ALLAH and over time you will progress in your arabic speaking abilities until your fluent in arabic in shaa ALLAH
                              Most of the people I am around speak English.

It isn't easy to find people who will be nice about teaching you Arabic. The arabic teacher I worked with last year was great and supportive and she didn't make fun of me or make me feel bad about myself when I forgot certain words. Everyone else I have met have not been so kind. They will laugh if I say something in a different dialect and start schooling me about every mistake I make. I can understand Arabic well enough, I don't feel the need to know how to speak it fluently. I am fine with only being able to have basic conversations.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X