Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Every now and then I watch a show in Arabic just so I can listen to the language for a while but these shows are just so toxic. Like I cant deal with all of this toxicity. I just want things to be easy and chill. But I also hate comedies so I don't know what to watch.

I just need a moderate drama to hear the language spoken casually but every show has to have every misfortune you can possibly imagine happen to the people. I don't want to see people crying every episode.

Comment

• Originally posted by aelmo View Post
      Every now and then I watch a show in Arabic just so I can listen to the language for a while but these shows are just so toxic. Like I cant deal with all of this toxicity. I just want things to be easy and chill. But I also hate comedies so I don't know what to watch.

I just need a moderate drama to hear the language spoken casually but every show has to have every misfortune you can possibly imagine happen to the people. I don't want to see people crying every episode.
      This is why I can't watch Pakistani dramas- they are so depressing. I think America invests a lot in drama, music and media in Muslim lands and the aim is to push stories that show "Islamic" culture as really outdated and if only people were more "modern" in their thinking, it would solve everything. Very insidious brainwashing tactic designed to influence women, especially housewives.
      The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

• Originally posted by neelu View Post

This is why I can't watch Pakistani dramas- they are so depressing. I think America invests a lot in drama, music and media in Muslim lands and the aim is to push stories that show "Islamic" culture as really outdated and if only people were more "modern" in their thinking, it would solve everything. Very insidious brainwashing tactic designed to influence women, especially housewives.
        I don't know about that. Different countries drama's have different vibes but religion usually isn't a part of it at all. The main narrative they are trying to push as far as I can see with these drama's is the "after all these troubles and everything they have been through true love prevails!!" But really its just so toxic and depressing.

Lebanese shows usually have absolutely nothing to do with religion. I noticed that recently a lot of shows have no plot at all and are just a series of aesthetic shots put together. I don't like artistry in film when it doesn't contribute to the narrative.

My sister was telling me about this one Jordanian show that was on Netflix that people where apparently very angry about in Jordan because they presented a more liberal view of the culture and people didn't like that. It was supposed to have another season but I am told that it didn't because of the back lash. There is a new Jordanian show now and based off what my sister told me, the vibe seems more accurate to what I would expect ie. the bad characters are the ones who secretly have boyfriends that they sneak out with.

Before everything happened in Syria, they had some pretty good shows that showed some very good islamic values but now all the Syrian actors went to Lebenon or here so the shows they are in just suck.

I usually cant get into any real shows. There are less than a handful of American shows I have liked in my life and I wouldn't say I like any of the Arabic or Turkish ones either. I just watch them to listen to the language but I cant stand the content. Basically I just like anime because its lighthearted and I am still a big baby who likes cartoons

Comment

• may Allah swt forgive and protect us all Ameen

https://www.instagram.com/p/CS6k8tOjlcx/?utm_medium=copy_link

https://www.instagram.com/p/CR_4GzUjtOl/?utm_medium=copy_link

Comment

• Ok so we all know an air fryer is an L, but what about an instant pot, basically electric pressure cookers, because of the different settings it can be a slow cooker, rice cooker, pressure cooker, etc.

Comment

• What are you eating these days without the appliances? Are you getting takeaways or making stuff at home? Do you have an adequate stove and pans etc.?

Originally posted by Mufti Cheesecake View Post
              Ok so we all know an air fryer is an L, but what about an instant pot, basically electric pressure cookers, because of the different settings it can be a slow cooker, rice cooker, pressure cooker, etc.
              It mostly depends on your level of cooking skills, your taste in food, the amount of counter space in the kitchen to fit appliances and what works for you. So the first question for you isn't "what should I buy?" but "if I had one of these- what would I make with it, how much more convenient would that be?" and then decide if it's worth it. When I lived away from home as a student, I took a sandwich toaster and a deep fat fryer with me. The deep fat fryer was for occasional use every couple of weeks or so as I didn't want to form bad habits but I used the sandwich toaster regularly probably 2-3 times a week until it was stolen.

I used to make rice in the pan cos I was taught to make it that way from a young age so didn't think of it as much of a chore but my brother bought a rice cooker and found it amazing and really useful.
              The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

• Let the Qur’an be the rain of my heart, the light of my chest, the remover of my sadness and the pacifier of my worries

Comment

• Scrolling…

scrolling…

scrolling my life away

Comment

• Originally posted by Faith reloaded 2 View Post
                    Scrolling…

scrolling…

scrolling my life away
                    Are you feeling ok? You seem a bit down lately.

Comment

• Originally posted by neelu View Post
                      What are you eating these days without the appliances? Are you getting takeaways or making stuff at home? Do you have an adequate stove and pans etc.?

It mostly depends on your level of cooking skills, your taste in food, the amount of counter space in the kitchen to fit appliances and what works for you. So the first question for you isn't "what should I buy?" but "if I had one of these- what would I make with it, how much more convenient would that be?" and then decide if it's worth it. When I lived away from home as a student, I took a sandwich toaster and a deep fat fryer with me. The deep fat fryer was for occasional use every couple of weeks or so as I didn't want to form bad habits but I used the sandwich toaster regularly probably 2-3 times a week until it was stolen.

I used to make rice in the pan cos I was taught to make it that way from a young age so didn't think of it as much of a chore but my brother bought a rice cooker and found it amazing and really useful.
                      Oh I was just asking in general. But I have a kitchen here at the airbnb (until my student accomodation starts), I had to order groceries since I'm in quarantine, it was expensive and they still delivered me cracked eggs. I brought my own pots and pans but the guy here let me use his. I've just been eating spaghetti, lentils, and barley pretty much, an apple a day, and lemon tea. I haven't been eating very much, I think I'll order some food today. Only 3 more days and then I can start doing my own groceries and eat better.

But I was thinking an electric pressure cooker would be efficient for me, could save me time, I just put everything in when I get home and cook for 10 mins or so, unlike a slow cooker where if you forget to turn it on in the morning then you're out of luck. My parents wanted to give me a pressure cooker, I told them not to, they finally decided not to give me when they found how heavy my luggage was getting.

Comment

• Oh look, another US drone strike that kills X civilians and X little children

Nothing to see here, folks. Just another case of collateral damage

Meanwhile on CNN… human rights, human rights, Taliban bad, US army are angels, the saviours of the world

Comment

• subhanAllah the intoxication of the dunya

https://www.instagram.com/p/CEaq2awDvTk/

Comment

• An annual report issued by The Children’s Society has tragically revealed that an estimated 306,000 children between the ages of 10 and 15 in the UK are discontented with their lives. Many are said to be worried about school performance, their physical appearance, and friendships. The effects of the coronavirus pandemic have also been a major factor in the charity’s findings. Around a quarter of a million children are believed to be struggling with the associated changes and disruption to life owing to COVID-19.

https://www.islam21c.com/news-views/report-finds-british-children-increasingly-unhappy-with-their-lives/

Comment

• What have you achieved in the past week? I bet it wont be as impressive compared to me…

I liberated iki island from the mongol invaders, buried my sea captain, climbed mt saruiwa, relived each of my father’s memories, grew my legend to legacy redeemer, bought new horse armour for my beloved horse, and pet countless deer, cats and monkeys

All in a weeks work

Comment

• Everybody dies but not everybody lives

An interesting statement to reflect upon

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X