Clear All

• Hows everybody on here?
    'If you are grateful, I will surely increase you [in favor]'

Surah Ibrahim (14:7)

Comment

• رُوحوں کے درمیان کَب فاصلے ہوئے ہیں
      جِسم البتہ جدا ہو جاتے ہیں

​​​​​
      "Europe died in Bosnia and was buried in Syria. Bodies of innocent children washing ashore are the
      western civilization's tombstones"

Rajab Tayyab Erdogan

Comment

• Anybody else rarely have any relatives come to their house nowadays?

Is it due to covid?

I haven’t seen some relatives for around 2 years now, which is sad in many ways

Comment

• Finally a bank holiday…

Been a long time coming.

Comment

• I remember they were predicting an august heatwave..

Glad it didnt happen.

We didnt even have much of a summer tbh.

Just a handful of what i would genuinely describe as hot days

Comment

• JazakAllah khayr- appreciate the explanation

Originally posted by sajid View Post

Nah neelu you didnt break any rules all posts/reference related to the original comment was removed

Its not you dont worry
              The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

• Originally posted by Eorlingas View Post

Standing up will refer to when the dead will rise i.e. resurrection. Translating it as the day of standing up may not be used, as the intention of the translator may be to convey the meaning in English of the significance of that day I.e. resurrection and judgement.
                Although when Allah refers to Qiyyaamah, He is usually referring to when everyone will stand in terror and not move in an inch. Putting judgement instead of standing or rising is more of a interpretation or perhaps to appease converts? Hmm
                https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/lo...-qur-an-courseI am just a simple nomad.

Ephemeral reader

Comment

• I had no idea that Qiyaamah could have such a vastly different meaning from the translations until you mentioned it here. I dread to think how many other verses I've only known by their mistranslations- it's kinda scary.

Originally posted by Kiro View Post

Although when Allah refers to Qiyyaamah, He is usually referring to when everyone will stand in terror and not move in an inch. Putting judgement instead of standing or rising is more of a interpretation or perhaps to appease converts? Hmm

Comment

• Originally posted by imran1976 View Post
                    رُوحوں کے درمیان کَب فاصلے ہوئے ہیں

​​​​​
                    Translatiom please

Comment

• Originally posted by imran1976 View Post
                      رُوحوں کے درمیان کَب فاصلے ہوئے ہیں

​​​​​
                      I think i've got it:

The only thing that keeps distance between souls is the body. When the body expires there is no distance between souls?

Urdu speakers - is that right or wrong?

Comment

• "Reality" shows seem to be the most fake shows of all

Just listening to an interview with Sunidhi Chauhan and she's saying in some of these singing talent shows, the sound is doctored so that if a singer glitches or makes a mistake during a song, then afterwards the sound is altered by the show producers so in fact the audience are not getting the authentic original sound of what was actually sung on the show.

Comment

• Originally posted by neelu View Post
                          "Reality" shows seem to be the most fake shows of all

Just listening to an interview with Sunidhi Chauhan and she's saying in some of these singing talent shows, the sound is doctored so that if a singer glitches or makes a mistake during a song, then afterwards the sound is altered by the show producers so in fact the audience are not getting the authentic original sound of what was actually sung on the show.
                          Yeh maybe so.

But if the siger is singing in front of a live audience, the audience will be able to tell if the singer hits a wrong note or glitches wouldn't they?

Comment

• Originally posted by detached soul View Post

Yeh maybe so.

But if the siger is singing in front of a live audience, the audience will be able to tell if the singer hits a wrong note or glitches wouldn't they?
                            Maybe in previous years they would, but due to covid, they've not had a live audience in the studios. I've seen another headline elsewhere saying that Sonu Nigam went as far as to allege that contestants are lip syncing on stage.

I think the show producers and judges want to make the singing sound flawless in the actual broadcast to make it sound more appealing to the audience and these shows do EVERYTHING to chase ratings even if it means compromising on authenticity and the "reality" aspect of reality shows is gone.

I very rarely watch these shows anyway but I do remember years ago Star Voice of India (cos my parents were into it) used to be more authentic: you'd hear the slight flaws in certain contestants, the judges would point these things out in an attempt to get them to work on their craft and it would make sense as to why they are eliminated from the competition. Now the few glimpses I have seen of these shows- there's none of that. A friend of mine in the US pointed out reality competitions there are more about "who can tell the best sob story" and yes that's definitely a big part of the Indian talent shows as well- who can pull the heart strings to get ratings, it's all very cynical and mostly staged.

Comment

• Originally posted by neelu View Post

Maybe in previous years they would, but due to covid, they've not had a live audience in the studios. I've seen another headline elsewhere saying that Sonu Nigam went as far as to allege that contestants are lip syncing on stage.

I think the show producers and judges want to make the singing sound flawless in the actual broadcast to make it sound more appealing to the audience and these shows do EVERYTHING to chase ratings even if it means compromising on authenticity and the "reality" aspect of reality shows is gone.

I very rarely watch these shows anyway but I do remember years ago Star Voice of India (cos my parents were into it) used to be more authentic: you'd hear the slight flaws in certain contestants, the judges would point these things out in an attempt to get them to work on their craft and it would make sense as to why they are eliminated from the competition. Now the few glimpses I have seen of these shows- there's none of that. A friend of mine in the US pointed out reality competitions there are more about "who can tell the best sob story" and yes that's definitely a big part of the Indian talent shows as well- who can pull the heart strings to get ratings, it's all very cynical and mostly staged.
                              Yeh what yoou say is probably not far from the mark.

Producers and directors of these reality shows know what gets them ratings so they will try to pick contestents who will give them the biggest sob story or play on the viwers emotions. As we all know drama and controversy sells.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kiro View Post

Earlier translations did appear to mimic the biblical choice of wording and this influence may be why "day of judgement" was used. Later translations appear to favour resurrection.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X