Clear All

• contemplating whether i should spend £160 on a 1tb ssd

Surely it’s not worth it

But i want it

Comment

• that was not me this morning

Comment

• neelu

Thanks for explaining that, it was easy to understand, the but where you mentioned their interventioned helped women I twitched because I think it's such a disappointing us Muslims can't help one another and THIS happens

@mufticheesecake I'll check out the video later, gonna wind down now

Comment

• I've seen some 'shorts' on YouTube but from Tik tok

propa cringe mate

Without a shadow of a doubt, i mean I've seen a whole load cringe stuff and even acted cringe but the stuff that you come across makes me feel uncomfortable

Weird, don't find it attractive but I guess it's a new generation

Back in my days when I was a top ahem, all I will say is Mash Allah, but we didn't have none of dat you see with kids these days

We had good old tv and good food.
          long gone are those days of young and now are the days of

Time is flying

Comment

• It's not surprising that Muslim women feel greater anxiety about discrimination and threat to personal safety, they are generally more easily identifiable due to dress, physically weaker etc.

As another user pointed out, despite this anxiety about living in the US, muslim immigrant women may still prefer it over their countries of origin. We have had this discussion on here before (surprise surprise) and it's strange that some are so eager to mention the religion so quickly, rather then consider other socio economic factors, some of which, where present, will lead one to find similar issues in countries both muslim and non muslim. One would expect this approach from a far right supporter whose agenda it is to lay all society's ills at the door of Islam.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faith reloaded 2 View Post
              I cannot remember the last time i walked into a shop
              For me it was 2020. Not even sure when in 2020- autumn or winter. I've not really stepped out of the house this year except twice I went around my garden area and once I went to a local beauty spot. I'd like to go shopping at some point though inshaAllah.
              The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

• Originally posted by notEVOLVED View Post

That's probably true. But whether it is due to overglorification of West or stigmatization of those Muslim countries that's another question.

UAE is a Muslim country too. And Abu Dhabi is ranked as one of the safest places in the world. So is Doha in Qatar. Actually most of GCC is safe for women. But those never make it to the news. And these are not even secular countries. But one of the worst ones probably are the subcontinent ones, for both men and women, which are ironically also the ones that are democratic.
                Most of us can’t really live in places like Qatar but if there was a debate with a Muslim hater we would probably reference it.

over glorifying the west is useless because they are like that also because of how common nudity is and obviously richer countries have less of these issues in behaviour as they have advanced from views on modesty and women (I’m sure before modernisation it would have been dangerous for women to go into certain environments). Basically they have become desensitised and sins are normalised.

why do subcontinent ones have to be the worst smh disgusting. Some of it is from culture too.

even though there will be a difference in richer and poorer countries, these same countries men can’t be crying when they get overruled by the west and it’s ideologues like feminism and liberalism. It’s not like Allah has not given them the religion to learn from.

that can easily be the downfall of these countries, may Allah protect and guide us but women issues can easily be the leeway for Islamic ideologies to be replaced. Then the excuses won’t matter and those men who tested their women like trash on the streets will see other men take over and won’t be able to to anything about it.

When we look at countries where secularism took over from Islamic ideals we think how did they let this happen, well I think men should take some responsibility for themselves first. Otherwise women won’t respect them or want them to implement anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flawed View Post

Thats not our fault muslim men have a disturbing mindset. Idk why they are so disrespectful to women and claim to be religious? Its embarrassing for us sisters.

But keep your head high and keep moving in the right direction ...away from vile muslims.
                  I agree. Environment plays a role (so poorer countries) but the lack of accountability and self awareness or simply not caring is something in someone heart. It’s shocking how in a crowd of hundreds there was not enough people to be a voice of consciousness, they had hours and nothing happened.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flawed View Post

U Don't need therapy you just need to learn when to move away from chalaak people soon as you spot one. People have a sickness in their hearts you need to learn who these people are, why they behave the way they do and how to deal with them.
                    I can’t move away from them as soon as (or if I spot them) as I have already complained that this is permanentl. I realise that maybe it’s either genetic to be chalks or their (out) ancestors felt similar to me and decided no one will take advantage of them, so they teach it to their kids. Probably both.

Comment

• Are you referring to the Minar E Pakistan incident? If so, can you tell me exactly what happened? I've heard people refer to it and argue about it on social media but still don't know exactly what happened. Sounds like there was some sort of incident of sexual harassment of a woman by lots of men but I'm just guessing cos I've not heard a direct report about it.

Originally posted by usernametaken View Post

I agree. Environment plays a role (so poorer countries) but the lack of accountability and self awareness or simply not caring is something in someone heart. It’s shocking how in a crowd of hundreds there was not enough people to be a voice of consciousness, they had hours and nothing happened.
                      The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

• Originally posted by neelu View Post
                        My brother was telling me that tiktok were introducing "fun" ideas such as encouraging people to post vids of everyone making funny faces, or everyone singing a particular song or other things and the point of it was to help develop their facial recognition technology so that they have a collection of loads of images of specific expressions. So they might do a tiktok challenge saying something like "let's see who has the best smile" (I've never been on tiktok so don't know what challenges they do, these are just examples of how they get people to all pose the same way for the development of their technology). So that could be partly why they do vids making pretty faces.

In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if, in order to get sisters to do this (if they weren't originally inclined to do it)- it wouldn't surprise me if say the Chinese authorities would pay a hijabi influencer (or even some people who aren't hijabis or well known but to wear the hijab to encourage other hijabi sisters to "catch on to the trend") to do a "pretty face challenge", promote it among the recommended links as getting thousands of views so that others join in. This is one of the ways social media can manipulate the public to do things. At least I'm older so didn't grow up with all this so I feel less influenced by it and more able to spot it but young teenagers who grew up with this and have impressionable minds are very vulnerable and susceptible to this influence without even realising it's shaping their minds and they think their parents are old fashioned or out of step with reality for warning them about it.

Yeah, I've seen the trends. Had no idea that it was possibly doing something dark. I just don't think about these things unless something happens to freak me out, and I guess many ppl are that way, which is why all these orgs have everything on us. Future is gonna be wild. Those films about a future where everything about you is regulated and ppl are robotic is becoming less far fetched.

RE how old these posers are, tiktok is probs a pedos paradise. I just couldn't understand these muslim girls.... I guess it is their naivety and I've forgotten what it was like to not know how creepy it can get. Sometimes their families are in some of their tiktok vids and I wonder why these adults are not checking the comments their daughters are getting, what audience they are attracting. Like...flippin do your job and look after your kids!

Comment

• Originally posted by notEVOLVED View Post
                          "While many Muslims express wariness and anxiety about aspects of their lives in the United States, Muslim women tend to be more pessimistic about their place in U.S. society than Muslim men"
                          Of course. When anything happens, muslim women face the heat. We also fit in less in workplaces/ in less diverse areas than muslim men who dress western and blend in. Plus, there are so many ideas ppl have of the religion and it all falls on us since the islamic clothing does put you in that position where you're considered a representative. It's hard.

in Bangladesh (where I would be had I not been born here) I couldn't go about freely on my own... when I did without family approval I'd get men staring, following me, taking pictures. I once got surrounded, and one of them was holding an axe... my aunt came in time to save me and they knew her as their employer's sister so I was OK. She was completely out of breath and had run to get to me... why?

pervs are given free reign there. Since I can't win either way... I'd rather deal with the difficulties here than fear of moving freely and pervs

Comment

• Not to say stuff doesn't happen here but they are bolder over there

Comment

• Muslim societies copying the western capitalist criteria for marriage, but still keeping the conservative sexual morality, has created the perfect storm for this. Sexually repressed societies juxtaposed with exposure to increasing lewdness, high levels of poverty, corruption and lawlessness, will unfortunately lead to higher levels of harassment.

Take a walk down the slums of Mexico City, Sao Paulo, Addis ababa or even the capital of our american saviours, or any other non muslim city with similar problems and the situation will be similar..and most of those places are more permissive than muslim countries, so the men, in theory, should be more used to being in close contact with women and find it easier and more acceptable in society to satisfy their desires outside marriage, yet these factors still lead to greater levels of harassment.

If someone proposes marriage to you whose religion and character satisfies you, then you should accept it. If you do not do so, there will be trials on the earth and the spread of corruption.

Hundreds of years of ignoring this warning has lead to the situation we see today.

Comment

• Originally posted by neelu View Post
                                Are you referring to the Minar E Pakistan incident? If so, can you tell me exactly what happened? I've heard people refer to it and argue about it on social media but still don't know exactly what happened. Sounds like there was some sort of incident of sexual harassment of a woman by lots of men but I'm just guessing cos I've not heard a direct report about it.

From what I know a TikToker from Pakistan went to monarch e Pakistan for the celebrations (with a bunch of male friends, she wasn’t alone), and was ok with people taking selfies with her. Then people started harassing her, tearing her clothes and basically carrying her around and torturing her for a few hours. There were about 400 men in that crowd.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X