• had beans for suhoor

There was no food to eat

Comment

• Originally posted by Faith reloaded 2 View Post
        Bring me iki island

I want to pet the cats 😺
        Stray

Comment

• My brother was telling me that tiktok were introducing "fun" ideas such as encouraging people to post vids of everyone making funny faces, or everyone singing a particular song or other things and the point of it was to help develop their facial recognition technology so that they have a collection of loads of images of specific expressions. So they might do a tiktok challenge saying something like "let's see who has the best smile" (I've never been on tiktok so don't know what challenges they do, these are just examples of how they get people to all pose the same way for the development of their technology). So that could be partly why they do vids making pretty faces.

In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if, in order to get sisters to do this (if they weren't originally inclined to do it)- it wouldn't surprise me if say the Chinese authorities would pay a hijabi influencer (or even some people who aren't hijabis or well known but to wear the hijab to encourage other hijabi sisters to "catch on to the trend") to do a "pretty face challenge", promote it among the recommended links as getting thousands of views so that others join in. This is one of the ways social media can manipulate the public to do things. At least I'm older so didn't grow up with all this so I feel less influenced by it and more able to spot it but young teenagers who grew up with this and have impressionable minds are very vulnerable and susceptible to this influence without even realising it's shaping their minds and they think their parents are old fashioned or out of step with reality for warning them about it.

Originally posted by ten_toes View Post
          Vain attractive young hijabis on tiktok making pointless posing vids, where all you do is make pretty faces, with ambiguous titles that most deffo attract a WIDE audience. .. one title was courting male attention so clearly. Non Muslim males in comments asking if featured hijabi dates non Muslims.... then non Muslims with comments such as 'does that sheet come off in the bedroom.' How are these hijabi (assumed) virgins who've never done anything with a guy ok with all this? Are these girls real? I'm a 28 year old hag and if a guy makes the slightest pervy remark at me I can't handle it. Lotta gorgeous hijabis out there tho. I don't actually mind the hijab vids, the makeup vids, the random vids. It's these posing vids with no other purpose make me very uneasy, these ones are not there to attract a female audience.
          The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

• I have become so used to working from home…

It is a very isolating existence..

But i prefer it in many, many ways

I dont know how i will adapt if/when i will need to start going into the office. The daily commute is a nightmare in itself

Comment

• Why didn't you delay the start date of your new job by an extra week or few days so that you could have a short break?

Originally posted by Faith reloaded 2 View Post
              Havent taken annual leave since april

Wish i could have some holiday instead of starting a new role immediately

no rest 😢
              The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

• What a day.
                Last edited by nudgetheputri1; 19-08-21, 03:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by neelu View Post
                  Why didn't you delay the start date of your new job by an extra week or few days so that you could have a short break?

Good question

i had my start date confirmed for many weeks and i would rather not try to push it back now - it’s too late

but i could have handed in my notice far earlier. I delayed it and delayed right up to the last moment because i just wasnt sure whether to leave or not

Comment

Last edited by nudgetheputri1; 20-08-21, 04:31 AM.

Comment

• Talking about TikTok, I feel like there are a bunch of popular Muslim lgbt ones who seem extremely ordinary with very similar backgrounds yet are propelled to TikTok fame. What if the TikTok algorithm or whoever it is does this on purpose to further certain agendas.

sometimes the TikTok person hides their lgbt ness but it could be the background data picking it up. Once they become more popular and start getting accepted by wider audiences they become braver and supported by different types of people.

I could tell one Muslim girl was lgbt before she even said it. Then she ‘came out’. She hid it well by simply arguing that Islam is not anti gay people, (probably knowing that it’s hate the act not the thought thing). And got people arguing while remaining silent. And then once the first threat is gone they get braver. And these are the people from within, who don’t look threatening at all, and can even come across as unsophisticated to both Muslim and non Muslim audiences. Like from a simple desi background (you can tell the type of family).

Comment

• Even though I said I would accept certain family things, and I intended to it’s not that simple.

the more conscious or aware I become about it, the more I realise that the closer I am to self actualisation, the quicker they will spread their dominance over me like a plague. I can see it energetically (not really obviously) just spreading outwards from them to me. And I can’t do anything about it it.

Comment

• Maybe that’s why I’ve always been about “rebelling” whether that is being more religious or doing something different. But it’s reached a point where I’ve had failures in life and they don’t respect my boundaries or respect me and it’s coming closer to surround me.

Comment

• They’re just powerful and I’m on the wrong side

Comment

• But if I was on their side I wouldn’t be about my autonomy and being me. I would feel less or trapped. Except they don’t because they are not me. Yet they still don’t leave me alone

Comment

• Shrug

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X