Comment

• Fasting tomorrow

Comment

• Originally posted by nudgetheputri1 View Post
        Read this
        Thanks for sharing and trying to answer my question
        I hate that dumb retard of a dung CNN, fox news is worse
        ​​​​​
        American news always annoys me and I don't take the western media as a reliable source of information and that's why it's a problem to find a trustworthy source that will show what is really happening.

We should always question them, they mock and spread lies about our religion and make it seem like the worst thing ever, this alone should have made Muslims weary of these looney nuts

Mufti Cheesecake for explaining
        'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

• Originally posted by Faith reloaded 2 View Post
          2 more days.

98-980861_sword-pepe-hd-png-download.png

Comment

• Pls remembered my little nephew in your duas. He has been sick and he is really not doing well. He has a high fever and hasn't been eating well today..
            He's so little and I'm really worried for him 😔 😞

Comment

• imagine having such a nice, expensive home. Then you realise you spend barely any time in that home because your spending all your time at your job to pay for that home. Lol makes little sense to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
                If anyone wants to give a dummies guide on the situation in Afghanistan please feel free to do so
                I've been watching a few videos and reading about it but I'm confused
                America's original plan in 2001 was to overthrow the Taliban and try to install a puppet Afghan government that would be more compliant with the West. They convinced the American people to agree to the war first by blaming Afghanistan for 9/11 and then by claiming the women were oppressed because they were wearing burqas and couldn't go to school.

This plan failed because the Afghan puppet government was very corrupt and didn't have any real power and America faced more opposition in Afghanistan and fighting than they anticipated. As sheercoincidence would have it, over 20 years ago, there was also the incident in which the Taliban were invited to America, given a hospitable welcome and tour in the hopes of impressing them and then asked if they would permit UNOCAL (I think that was the name) to install a big pipeline in Afghanistan. The Taliban said no and the US declared war soon afterwards- but will pretend that this issue has nothing to do with declaring war.

When 20 years of effort in Afghanistan weren't working out, the US resorted to plan B, which was to negotiate a deal with the Taliban in Doha. This time round the Taliban have been different and saying different things, partly cos the Americans killed off some of their more hardline leaders and negotiated with a Taliban leadership that's shown a bit more willingness to compromise. By sheer coincidence, this time round when Mike Pompeo met the Taliban in 2020 in Doha, they agreed that they'd be okay with a pipeline and next thing we know months later, the Taliban are allowed to be in charge again... so much for it being about "fighting for womens rights" eh? This also might explain why the Taliban have so far been saying that they aren't going to enforce the burqa and they've so far left the girl's schools open (although they've taken female tv presenters off air).

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

If they aren't that bad and saying they won't take revenge, why are people running for their lives and even risking killing themselves.
                Partly because people don't believe the Taliban and the Taliban's enemies will not assume that the Taliban are people of their word. If you look at situations such as in Iraq, when US troops left, then local Iraqi militias were threatening to kill Iraqis who collaborated with the US such as the translators, so they've been fleeing for their lives and living in hiding and some of them have been killed. It wouldn't surprise me if in the past, the Taliban dealt with the kufaar's collaborators harshly for obvious reasons so they have reason to be scared.

Are women really under threat (if so, how?) and why is it that the Muslims themselves are criticising the Taliban.
                Yes and no. I don't believe the hyped up rumours suggesting that the Taliban go round raping women- I believe that's a rumour started partly by the kufaar and partly by the likes of ex Muslims and very secular Muslims who will do anything to try and gain sympathy for their cause- so in that context I do believe the women are not under threat BUT their current lifestyle is under threat. Even though most Afghan women covered their heads they'd allow a bit of hair to show and I think under the Taliban that wont be tolerated as much. When the Taliban were in power 20 years ago, they stopped girls from going to school, they put a ban on music, concerts, cinema and that sort of mainstream entertainment. Women were largely prevented from working and largely had to stay at home. Early on, even female doctors were prevented from working, but then when wives of the Taliban became pregnant, they realised they didn't want to send them to male doctors so they brought female doctors back. So that is an indicator that the Taliban didn't have the correct understanding of women's Islamic rights and relying to some extent on old cultural traditional values that were seen as oppressive to women.

As I said before though, this time round the Taliban haven't taken such a hard line and have already started doing things slightly differently. It remains to be seen how the Taliban will deal with the push for secularisation and feminism etc.

and why is it that the Muslims themselves are criticising the Taliban..
                Muslims themselves are criticising the Taliban for different reasons. Practising Muslims such as myself would criticise them because their treatment of women stemmed from part Islam and part regional culture that suppressed their practical abilities to education, to support themselves if they didn't have a male breadwinner etc. The Taliban did make some mistakes during their previous stint in power and how they treated women was just part of that. On the other hand, secularists (including liberal Muslims) criticise the Taliban because enforcing hijab is seen as the biggest sin against their revered "freedom", the Taliban didn't bow down to the feet of Western values and liberal Muslims who are enamoured by the West would view that as the ultimate 'sin'.

What did the West do to help the people there of anything because they're making it sound like they have helped in some ways.
                There's two sides to what the West did in Afghanistan (and other Muslim lands and developing countries): the publicised version that appears in the newspapers and news channels (propaganda) and the much darker reality that isn't shown on camera and deliberately is not well publicised. So the PR version of what the West did in Afghanistan is that they fought to liberate the women. And it's true that during these 20 years, it's meant women had the right to vote, they had a right to go to school, they had a right to go to work, they had a right to stand as political candidates and that's aside from the fact that they didn't have to wear the burqa anymore. This is the "good PR" and it's also true.

The other side of what the West did in Afghanistan is set up torture bases in Bagram, bombed the country to pieces, did drone strikes against innocent people, including a wedding party and were also doing "double tap drone strikes" which means they would drop one drone bomb, then when ambulances and emergency services arrive to help the wounded, they'd drop a second bomb to kill the emergency services as well (google "double tap drone strikes" to find proof). One statistic I came across was that when the US drop drone bombs, only 1% of the people killed are actual terrorists/militants and the rest are mostly innocent civilians such as their children and neighbours- yet EVERY news bulletin would have you believe that every attack had killed militants, even the ones where the news channels know that all the dead and wounded are innocent civilians. This is the difference between the news reports and politicians giving lip service to 'human rights' and the reality on the ground.

I don't understand and I wouldn't even know how to explain all this to a non Muslim who might think I know about it just because I'm a Muslim.
                It's a lot to explain but then again your small lines contained a lot of questions that I wouldn't know how to sum up in a short paragraph
                The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

• Smile2Jannah put out a video today that summarizes the current situation really well in 15 mins Ya'sin

Comment

• Vain attractive young hijabis on tiktok making pointless posing vids, where all you do is make pretty faces, with ambiguous titles that most deffo attract a WIDE audience. .. one title was courting male attention so clearly. Non Muslim males in comments asking if featured hijabi dates non Muslims.... then non Muslims with comments such as 'does that sheet come off in the bedroom.' How are these hijabi (assumed) virgins who've never done anything with a guy ok with all this? Are these girls real? I'm a 28 year old hag and if a guy makes the slightest pervy remark at me I can't handle it. Lotta gorgeous hijabis out there tho. I don't actually mind the hijab vids, the makeup vids, the random vids. It's these posing vids with no other purpose make me very uneasy, these ones are not there to attract a female audience.

Comment

• This shameless hijabis or any muslim women making videos with sexualize facial expressions or dancing or singing are embarrassing and wrong. A muslim speaker was talking about this, a young girl passed away and her family found her embarrassing videos but unfortunately they can't get them removed.

Comment

• Originally posted by ten_toes View Post
                        Vain attractive young hijabis on tiktok making pointless posing vids, where all you do is make pretty faces, with ambiguous titles that most deffo attract a WIDE audience. .. one title was courting male attention so clearly. Non Muslim males in comments asking if featured hijabi dates non Muslims.... then non Muslims with comments such as 'does that sheet come off in the bedroom.' How are these hijabi (assumed) virgins who've never done anything with a guy ok with all this? Are these girls real? I'm a 28 year old hag and if a guy makes the slightest pervy remark at me I can't handle it. Lotta gorgeous hijabis out there tho. I don't actually mind the hijab vids, the makeup vids, the random vids. It's these posing vids with no other purpose make me very uneasy, these ones are not there to attract a female audience.
                        Why are you guys even on tiktok to begin with?

Comment

• It wasn't Ashura I fasted for - it was Tasu'a
                          Now I missed Ashura

Comment

• Originally posted by nudgetheputri1 View Post
                            It wasn't Ashura I fasted for - it was Tasu'a
                            Now I missed Ashura
                            Maybe Allah will still reward you for your intention. And Allah Knows best.

Comment

• CringeTok

Comment

• Havent taken annual leave since april

Wish i could have some holiday instead of starting a new role immediately

no rest 😢

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X