Clear All

• Read this

Comment

• Read this article for the shooting in May

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/05/09/a...hnk/index.html

Comment

• Originally posted by nudgetheputri1 View Post

I'll tell you what I know.

1. Taliban recently bombed a school a few months back. It was a timed, deliberate move - where young school girls were present in the building. A lot of Afghan girls died. (terrorist attack)

2. Biden, the now US president withdrew US military in Afghanistan. US used to provide some sort of protection for those in Afghanistan but since the withdrawal announcement by Biden, the troops and their residences have all disappeared and left Afghanistan, leaving civilians at risk of being under Taliban. Which is why you see some guys climbing US airplanes flying off and many families rushing to settle around airports. They need to seek better refuge and pleading US to come back.

3. Lots of Afghan families want to leave their homeland because they're in desperate situation to seek refuge and away from oppressive ruling of Taliban, who is aware US have ditched Afghans.

4. Recently German aircraft was seen flying off Afghanistan but they carried 7 people on board - not because they don't want to carry civilians. But they want to bring back their own troops who were left there. Not sure what is Germany's stance is on this situation.
        I tried to search up what you were talking about and the first article I clicked on to read about it said that the Taliban denied that it was them. They even condemned the attack. Unless you're talking about a different event then you're spreading fake news against Muslims and painting them as evil when they are not.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/08/w...ghanistan.html

On social media, the Taliban denied responsibility and condemned the attack, which happened in a western district of the capital where many residents are of the Hazara ethnic minority. The Hazara are a mostly Shiite group in a country rampant with Sunni militants, and they have been frequent targets of Islamic State loyalists. The Hazara, too, are growing increasingly outraged at the violence against them and at the government’s inability to protect them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mufti Cheesecake View Post

From what I can gather, these people lived under the rule of the previous Afghan government with the help of the US for a while now, and the Taliban being the enemy of that previous government were probably painted in a negative light amongst these people. Now imagine you're them, your current government has fled, the big "enemy" group is on its way to your city, they have guns and weapons, you may have opposed them in the past, maybe even helped the previous government who was at war with them, the armed group thats on its way though says not to worry everyone is forgiven, no one will be harmed. Are you going to take their word for it and stay to find out whether they're telling the truth?

On top of that I think its probably an exaggeration by the media, just how many are trying to flee relative to the whole population, we're also seeing at the Afghan Pakistan border than many Afghans are coming back from Pakistan to Afghanistan now that the Taliban are in power, and they're happy about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by RuthlessSoftie View Post

I tried to search up what you were talking about and the first article I clicked on to read about it said that the Taliban denied that it was them. They even condemned the attack. Unless you're talking about a different event then you're spreading fake news against Muslims and painting them as evil when they are not.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/08/w...ghanistan.html

apologies I assumed it was from Taliban. It happened in Afghanistan too but I didn't look for proof to show the culprits were.

I removed my post.

Comment

Oh, I'm sorry I assumed it was from Taliban. My bad.
              It's okay sister. However I think you should maybe look into the group more as your view of them is very unfair. You are someone intelligent and practicing too so it's sad to see this view. You may not agree with them on everything, I don't either, but they are not monsters and they are probably more Islamic than any other Islamic government today. They literally formed because a local warlord raped a woman and the villagers went to Mullah Omar and his students (Talibs) for help and they fought the warlord and hung him from his tank. Yet the western propaganda wants us to think that they bomb women's schools or rape them etc... Some of these guys probably had their families droned to death or were tortured themselves, it's just sad to see them painted as villains even by some practicing Muslims.

Comment

It's okay sister. However I think you should maybe look into the group more as your view of them is very unfair. You are someone intelligent and practicing too so it's sad to see this view. You may not agree with them on everything, I don't either, but they are not monsters and they are probably more Islamic than any other Islamic government today. They literally formed because a local warlord raped a woman and the villagers went to Mullah Omar and his students (Talibs) for help and they fought the warlord and hung him from his tank. Yet the western propaganda wants us to think that they bomb women's schools or rape them etc... Some of these guys probably had their families droned to death or were tortured themselves, it's just sad to see them painted as villains even by some practicing Muslims.
                I saw some "stories" on my IG feed lately by US-based news and the likes, so that could be why I tend to lean towards certain ideas and impressions that I have

There's some bias in there maybe I didn't know of?

I'll back off from this topic for now, there's a seperate thread to talk about this properly anyways

Comment

I saw some "stories" on my IG feed lately by US-based news and the likes, so that could be why I tend to lean towards certain ideas and impressions that I have

There's some bias in there maybe I didn't know of?

I'll back off from this topic for now, there's a seperate thread to talk about this properly anyways
                  They're US-based so they're inclined to follow the US narrative, they want their country to look good and their war to look justified. What better way to make themselves look good than by making their enemies look bad? Secondly we are Muslims so many of our beliefs aren't going to be okay with them. If you went up to them and told them your beliefs about homosexuality or something, they'll be painting you the same way as the taliban. They will try to promote their culture to be superior and their countries to be mostly peaceful. Media outlets are one way to do that. Not saying they'll always lie but you should treat the media as you would a banker or a politician. They're not people to be trusted. They also promote a lot of evil things, so that by itself raises a question on their character in my opinion, even if they didn't belong to countries at war against Muslims.

This article article is pretty useful.
                  https://onepathnetwork.com/before-you-share-verify/

Allah clearly warns us against such practices in the Quran, when He states:

O you who have believed, if there comes to you a disobedient one with information, with news, investigate, verify the news, so that you do not harm people unknowingly, and become, over what you have done, regretful.

Quran 49:6

The Prophet Muhammad ﷺ also warned us:

عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ كَفَى بِالْمَرْءِ كَذِبًا أَنْ يُحَدِّثَ بِكُلِّ مَا سَمِعَ

“It is enough of a lie for someone to narrate all that he hears”.

Sahih Muslim

Comment

They're US-based so they're inclined to follow the US narrative, they want their country to look good and their war to look justified. What better way to make themselves look good than by making their enemies look bad? Secondly we are Muslims so many of our beliefs aren't going to be okay with them. If you went up to them and told them your beliefs about homosexuality or something, they'll be painting you the same way as the taliban. They will try to promote their culture to be superior and their countries to be mostly peaceful. Media outlets are one way to do that. Not saying they'll always lie but you should treat the media as you would a banker or a politician. They're not people to be trusted. They also promote a lot of evil things, so that by itself raises a question on their character in my opinion, even if they didn't belong to countries at war against Muslims.

This article article is pretty useful.
                    https://onepathnetwork.com/before-you-share-verify/
                    I'll read the link thx
                    Last edited by nudgetheputri1; 18-08-21, 07:07 AM.

Comment

Read this
                      You believe what this news organisation say? If I was you I wouldn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThisIsJannah View Post

You believe what this news organisation say? If I was you I wouldn't.
                        Seeing how it easy it is to spread false news or even truth ones, can't tell them apart.

Comment

• Anyone fasting for Ashura...? :)

Comment

Anyone fasting for Ashura...? :)
                            Alhamdulillaah. Only 9 and a bit hours to go. What about you?

Comment

• Originally posted by Indefinable View Post

Alhamdulillaah. Only 9 and a bit hours to go. What about you?
                              Oh sounds like you just started your day
                              I am left with an hour left til I break fast :)

Comment

Oh sounds like you just started your day
                                I am left with an hour left til I break fast :)
                                You must have broken it by now. May Allaah accept it from you. Aameen.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X