• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
    Rofl!!1
    Loooooool

Comment

• Abu ‘Abdullaah’s account has been hacked.

:worried:

Comment

• Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
        Rofl!!1
        haha, if I speak.........

Comment

• Originally posted by detached soul View Post

Yeh i find that as well. The more educated and middle class folks are very prejudice free and they take you for what you are regardless of the colour of your skin. Yeh they could be hiding their prejudice but i think the more educated, middleclass white people are very genuine and good people.

I think diversity is the in thing at the moment, so people are embracing differences like culture, way of life and beliefs. I take people for what they are, not the colour of their skin. Theres good and bad in every race.
          A lot if not most of them are prejudiced, but the thing is that you wouldn't know it. They know how to be polite and behave with decency unlike many lower-class people. Many think that it's morally wrong to be rude to people, but it doesn't mean that they don't have all kinds of ideas about us.

Let me ask you this: do you think that people from upper and middle class areas doesn't consume media that spews nonsense about Islam and the Muslim world, or that these stupid documentaries and news networks haven't reached them? They definitely watch these programs and typically believe every bit of it, so of course they have many misconceptions about us.

I grew up as a non-Muslim in the kind of environment you described. From much of what I've seen, they are much more open about their prejudice behind closed doors. I can't lie and say I wasn't like that too. We looked down on Muslims and thought they follow a backwards religion and culture, but to avoid offending anyone we wouldn't say this to their faces.
          Has the time not come for those who have believed that their hearts should become humbly submissive at the remembrance of Allah and what has come down of the truth? And let them not be like those who were given the Scripture before, and a long period passed over them, so their hearts hardened; and many of them are defiantly disobedient. (57:16)

Comment

• Detached soul
            I didn't have to restart my phone but once in while it will freeze the video and the audio will carry on

If this phone stops working I thought I'll just buy a normal phone with buttons, but I need the internet so I'm thinking if I should buy a cheap tablet for browsing and video watching and have the phone with me when I'm out

I want a phone with chunky buttons like Nokia
            'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

• Hello how is everyone?
              https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/lo...-qur-an-courseI am just a simple nomad.

Ephemeral reader

Comment

• Originally posted by Kiro View Post
                Hello how is everyone?
                good Alhamdullilah

​​​​​​I don't know how to describe it or which word to use but it feels gloomy, more people that I knew are dying and time is passing fast
                I hope you and your family are well
                'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

Comment

• Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

good Alhamdullilah

​​​​​​I don't know how to describe it or which word to use but it feels gloomy, more people that I knew are dying and time is passing fast
                  Inshallah all is well

May Allah grant us the best
                  https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/lo...-qur-an-courseI am just a simple nomad.

Ephemeral reader

Comment

good Alhamdullilah

Anas ibn Malik reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “The Hour will not be established until time passes rapidly, such that a year is like a month, a month is like a week, a week is like a day, a day is like an hour, and an hour is like the flicker of a flame.

Source: Sunan al-Tirmidhī 2332

Comment

Detached soul
                      I didn't have to restart my phone but once in while it will freeze the video and the audio will carry on

If this phone stops working I thought I'll just buy a normal phone with buttons, but I need the internet so I'm thinking if I should buy a cheap tablet for browsing and video watching and have the phone with me when I'm out

I want a phone with chunky buttons like Nokia
                      Ya'sin you could restart your phone and that should clear up the problems you are having with youtube.

Depending on what type of phone you have the restart method is different. Google your phone make and model with restart method. Like if you have an iphone you could google iphone 8 restart method.

Then follow the steps for your phone restart and it should work after that.

Theres plenty of good tablets out there if you want to use the tablet for videos and surfing the net.

Have a look here for tablets

and have a look here for a nokia phone.
                      'If you are grateful, I will surely increase you [in favor]'

Surah Ibrahim (14:7)

Comment

• Ya'sin

You could also try this

Comment

• Originally posted by .khayriyyah. View Post

A lot if not most of them are prejudiced, but the thing is that you wouldn't know it. They know how to be polite and behave with decency unlike many lower-class people. Many think that it's morally wrong to be rude to people, but it doesn't mean that they don't have all kinds of ideas about us.

Let me ask you this: do you think that people from upper and middle class areas doesn't consume media that spews nonsense about Islam and the Muslim world, or that these stupid documentaries and news networks haven't reached them? They definitely watch these programs and typically believe every bit of it, so of course they have many misconceptions about us.

I grew up as a non-Muslim in the kind of environment you described. From much of what I've seen, they are much more open about their prejudice behind closed doors. I can't lie and say I wasn't like that too. We looked down on Muslims and thought they follow a backwards religion and culture, but to avoid offending anyone we wouldn't say this to their faces.
                          What you say may be true but there are exceptions to the rule. People like ben affleck standing up for Islam and lindsay lohan revertinbg to Islam.

The middles classes may hold prejudice against islam and think that islam is a backward religion but more and more celebrities are finding peace in islam.

They have tried all the sensory hedonism like drugs, sex and alcohol but that still doesnt fill their spiritual void and then they try islam and islam fills their spiritual void. I think if people study islam with an open mind they will find the truth.

So .khayriyyah. how did you find islam. Please share your story. Thank you.

Comment

Ya'sin

You could also try this
                            At the moment it's working but if it stops again I will try this

Comment

Ya'sin you could restart your phone and that should clear up the problems you are having with youtube.

Depending on what type of phone you have the restart method is different. Google your phone make and model with restart method. Like if you have an iphone you could google iphone 8 restart method.

Then follow the steps for your phone restart and it should work after that.

Theres plenty of good tablets out there if you want to use the tablet for videos and surfing the net.

Have a look here for tablets

and have a look here for a nokia phone.
                              I've been thinking about getting a tablet for a while, will be easier for my hands and using a stylus pen
                              the heat of my phone makes it worse for my hands

just for reference I've never owned an iphone, I had the Samsung Galaxy before, the very old version that were small and less sophisticated

​​​​​​For the most part I've had an unknown or less popular make of phone
                              I'd be surprised if anyone else owns the model I have

Comment

I've been thinking about getting a tablet for a while, will be easier for my hands and using a stylus pen
                                the heat of my phone makes it worse for my hands

just for reference I've never owned an iphone, I had the Samsung Galaxy before, the very old version that were small and less sophisticated

​​​​​​For the most part I've had an unknown or less popular make of phone
                                I'd be surprised if anyone else owns the model I have
                                Yeh getting a tablet with a stylus pen would be good for your hands. You could upgrade your phone if your on a contract.

I've got a samsung galaxy A51 phone which is old but it does the job. I use my laptop for the net and i sometimes use my phone to find out information. Why dont you shop around for a good tablet with touchscreen.. I'm sure youll be able to find a good tablet for a reasonable price.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X