Random thread V3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by neelu View Post

Are you planning on ditching it cold turkey or gradually weaning yourself off it? I listened to music my whole life but gradually weaned myself off it some years ago. What I first did was became more aware of what I was listening to and realised the lyrics weren't good in some of them. I mean with Indian songs, some songs contain shirk references so the first thing I did was delete or get rid of songs that contained those types of references. Once I understood the language better, I realised some words were a bit explicit so I got rid of those sorts of songs as well (sometimes, especially if you don't understand the language properly, you just like a song for it's beat, tune, or jovial tone but later understand the lyrics can mean quite bad things). Since then, the playlists I kept are much better, with cleaner lyrics and that sort of thing.

Years ago, when I started doing ruqyah, the raqi insisted I stopped listening to music, which was what I normally listened to when I was online. When I stopped playing music, I hated the silence so wanted to listen to something else. In those days I didn't have much tolerance for listening to Quran either so couldn't put that on for more than a few minutes. I resolved this issue by listening to budgie videos. I find bird song quite soothing so i liked that and it broke the silence. Over time I was listening to less and less music, more and more bird song and occasionally short clips of Quran. Now I listen to surah baqara almost everyday and I'm okay with that and I rarely listen to music anymore. So that's how I gradually did it.
    I want to try losing it gradually. I can't do cold turkey that is almost impossible. I still listen to it when I am outdoors, running errands or working online.

I keep the lyrics clean and delete the songs which aren't so good. I've dled some instrumentals - not the best but better than nothing. Now I replace it with faith-based podcasts that was the most effective for me. I don't listen to much of that though it's a small pool of such podcasts that I really really like.

We should have a UF podcast or something, that would quite interesting.

Comment

• We used to have Ummah radio about 5 years ago. I used to present it from time to time- then it fizzled out.
      The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

• Originally posted by nudgetheputri1 View Post
        You got a clip to share on this?
        I wish, maybe I'll try to find it. I saw it on one of Nukes Top 5 videos.

Comment

• Trust Allah to take care of your problems.
          'If you are grateful, I will surely increase you [in favor]'

Surah Ibrahim (14:7)

Comment

• Cant continue wasting my life away

Spend every weekend lounging around, looking out my bedroom window, playing video games and ordering fast food with ubereats

What a waste, i need to do something

Comment

• Originally posted by Faith reloaded 2 View Post
              Cant continue wasting my life away

Spend every weekend lounging around, looking out my bedroom window, playing video games and ordering fast food with ubereats

It's time to join the sons for good, son.

Send me your number.
              You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

• Originally posted by .Hajar. View Post
                Not to sound weird but has anyone here ever had any stuff stolen/hidden by jinn?
                TheHaqq
                You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faith reloaded 2 View Post
                  Cant continue wasting my life away

Seek and you shall find. Seek your tue calling in life. What inspires you? What do you feel passionate about?

Comment

• When nothing goes as planned and u have to make the most out of the few hours u have left..

Today has been an interesting day ..

الحمد لله على كل حال

Comment

• Comment

• When you try and change things and they don't work out just let it go. Leave it be.

I've had a terrible day but Alhumdulillah ala kulli haalin.

Comment

• Originally posted by detached soul View Post

Seek and you shall find. Seek your tue calling in life. What inspires you? What do you feel passionate about?
                          Sounds like an interview

Comment

• Faith reloaded 2 should be very experienced in those questions

Comment

• Originally posted by neelu View Post
                              We used to have Ummah radio about 5 years ago. I used to present it from time to time- then it fizzled out.
                              Yeah that was good actually. I think I had a listen when a user referred my question to the radio host before. This was years bck.

Comment

• Would be good if we had a podcast UF and the popular questions can get discussed live. With guest Imam or something to talk abt this as an add on. Would be interesting really

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X