This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by detached soul View Post
    I have lost all hope. I wish i would die!
    How can you lose all hope when you have Allah Ar Raheem the most Merciful Al Wadood the most Loving

He knows you better than you know yourself

You will not be given something they could not bear (paraphrased from quran)

Our qadr has already been written from life until death

The prophets had the severest of trials and Allah states in the quran do they think they can say we believe without being tested (paraphrased )

Life is not suppose to be easy its suppose to be full of trials
    You have to have patience and bear them and stay connected to Allah in order to attain ease and eventually paradise

You should not lack reliance or hope in Allah he allows you to breathe, see,, smell,taste, eat, drink and live as a muslim
    He gives you so many blessings you dont even realise

Going through trials in life is a way for your sins to be forgiven and a way to get rewards through being patient and true to to Allah bringing you closer to jannah

Even the prick of a thorn can lead to sins being forgiven so what about trials and hardships greater than that

You should wish for a long life so you can attain more good deeds not wish for death as after death you dont have a chance to do more deeds which you will regret on the day of judgement

Comment

• Originally posted by detached soul View Post
      I have lost all hope. I wish i would die!

Comment

• Originally posted by Abisali View Post

Yes, I’ve heard of passive income, I just have to figure out how to make some! I need to find a new job first, what I was doing before getting sick isn’t enough. It was too stressful, pay was too low and inconsistent and just not worth all the negatives.

I was actually stressing about it when I got put in the hospital, but a lovely brother reminded me of “Al Hamdullilah”, and I’m not as worried. Just going to take it one step at a time and ask Allah to just guide me.
        Yeah take it one step at a time, you are recovering

Comment

• Originally posted by aelmo View Post

That part is fine but everything else is a headache
          Which parts give you headache?

Comment

• Originally posted by nudgetheputri1 View Post
            Which parts give you headache?
            Teaching involves dealing with a lot of ridiculous situations. Our lesson plan has changed every week since the beginning of the year so it’s impossible to plan ahead or be creative because the admin is constantly changing things. Also getting observed constantly is very stressful. Basically anything to do with the admin.

i live for the weekends these days. It was assessment week and the lesson plan changed very drastically this time so I’m going back to expo again to forget about it!

Comment

• You can also look back at 90% of my posts here to hear about the other headaches

Comment

• Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
                For those of you who have lost your parents or a parent, what advise would you give to those who want to fulfil their obligations towards their parents who are now old?

Would appreciate replies from people who have already experienced the loss of a mum, dad or both.

We all know the 'right' thing to do. I just want to hear it from a person who has experienced it and may have regret and guilt.

Please quote me if you do reply.

My current situation is that I am very worn out, I am exhausted by the end of the day. After work (I have to work) it gets late and most of the time I avoid my parents because my dad questions me about marriage. My mum will keep saying the same thing and it drives me nuts. I know this is my test so I want my last actions towards my parents so that they are not disappointed in me on their deathbed.

I can't face that and I really can't compromise or settle down with a random man for their peace of mind. I know my dad would like me to settle down before he dies because he knows I am the vulnerable dumb type. It's not like I'm miss independent like other Muslim women who can do anything an everything. Well I can't and it's not my fault, I wasn't trained that way, I was looked after and indirectly taught to rely on marriage for some sort of a backup, this is what we were shown that marriage is the meaning so I didn't have many aspirations as others and thought that would be it. I was never ever career minded, it didn't interest me at all. Wish I was though because it would have given my parents some contentment and reassurance.

When I've got the energy I will do the chores, I always clean up after my mess (obviously). I have taken on chores that I dedicate to and make sure I'm responsible so it does get done. I try my best to help my mum but I'm running on low fuel myself. I'm slowing down and I'm not of much of a help for my mum as I am a physically weak person. I always have been but naturally with age it can escalate. Unfortunately my mum doesn't understand and does sometimes tell me to help get food ready for the brothers and this is really tiring for me after work.

I hate it when evil people joke about my health, don't joke about something you have never experienced lest you comes back to bite you, be warned, I wouldn't go on about the lack of energy if I wasn't experiencing it.

I'm sorry it's happened before so I am just telling you to be cautious of what and who you mock.

In short, if your parents are not alive, tell me how I should do what I can to please them while they are alive because my dad has already told my other sister he is not going to be survive much longer and our grandparents all died young so it's a family pattern, and my sister's message me in a way that is almost like an indirect to me to do more because I'm the only one fortunate enough to be living with them and they are not.

Many, many years ago I was praised by my parents for being helpful, I'd be the one sorting things out like tidying up and organising, helping with kitchen work, making tea for my dad before he went work and getting the plates ready at night when he would come back from work. Now my energy and mental health is not the same and that's been ongoing for a while now so whatever I did in the past has been buried underground.

Please don't quote me. Thank you
                Don't see what help this post of mine will be because there's not much advice... Just to say that I feel what sister is going through. I guess in some ways it's a similar situation for me... And I have already lost one parent. Whatever I do is not going to please the one parent who's remaining unless it's marriage.
                You end up feeling less and less like you want to spend time with them and be around them because of the obvious sense of unhappiness towards you.

For me it's just a case of having to 'bite the bullet' if I ever want to shake off their dissatisfaction with me. Horrible feeling. To know the two people you need to please the most to have the Ridaa of Allah Ta'aalaa are disappointed in you... It's either that or marrying someone when you don't really want to, or feel you're in the right mental state to, and then live with them knowing you've pretty much deprived them of a husband who actually wants to be with them and you're missing up someone else's life.
                ​​Your du'aa... Always dear, always needed (Jazaa'akumullah Khair.)

Comment

• (Sorry Sr yasin ... The post started off saying 'quote me if you reply' but I just noticed it says at the end 'don't quote me')
                  ​​Your du'aa... Always dear, always needed (Jazaa'akumullah Khair.)

Comment

• Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

How can you lose all hope when you have Allah Ar Raheem the most Merciful Al Wadood the most Loving

He knows you better than you know yourself

You will not be given something they could not bear (paraphrased from quran)

Our qadr has already been written from life until death

The prophets had the severest of trials and Allah states in the quran do they think they can say we believe without being tested (paraphrased )

Life is not suppose to be easy its suppose to be full of trials
                    You have to have patience and bear them and stay connected to Allah in order to attain ease and eventually paradise

You should not lack reliance or hope in Allah he allows you to breathe, see,, smell,taste, eat, drink and live as a muslim
                    He gives you so many blessings you dont even realise

Going through trials in life is a way for your sins to be forgiven and a way to get rewards through being patient and true to to Allah bringing you closer to jannah

Even the prick of a thorn can lead to sins being forgiven so what about trials and hardships greater than that

You should wish for a long life so you can attain more good deeds not wish for death as after death you dont have a chance to do more deeds which you will regret on the day of judgement

Yeh your right. Everything you say is correct. I dont disagree with what you say but i'm only human and i get hopeless after going through trials and hardships. Its neverending, trials one after another, even when one trials is not over another trial comes and boom hits you. Trials within trials. I try to be a good muslim try and pray 5 times a day in the masjid if i can but i see people doing way better than me. I dont ask for much i just want peace and dignity but i dont get it.

I just pray to Allah that end my life if my life is not going to get better, id rather be dead than have a miserable hard life. I can take a lot, i remain patient with alot of calamities but then i reach my limits i snap and just want it to end!
                    'If you are grateful, I will surely increase you [in favor]'

Surah Ibrahim (14:7)

Comment

• Ya'sin tbh its a bit tricky when it comes to siblings and parents,
                      tbh anything to do with family is full of issues lol

btw i do think that generation of parents like to milk it and are kinda like drama queens, that goes for dads too not just mums lool
                      seriously though its like all about them and their rights and try to religiously and emotionally blackmail you by playing the 'parent' card

look theres no doubt theyve got rights over us but some parents out there just dont want you to look after them and try to make out like the issue is you and not them, its like just for the attention,
                      you know so people say ohhh sooooo poor so and so, lets be honest and call a spade a spade

im not saying theres no good parents of course there are...

i also know of parents who were glad when their daughters got married because they see them as baggage,
                      like instead of making a good decision for them and their long term future, theyll just be glad to wipe their hands free from them

Comment

• It's all good. Thanks for the caring brothers on here. We just got to make the best of what Allah has given us. There are so many people who are worse off than us. It's easy to lose count of the countless blessings Allah has favoured us with. This life is a test. Allah give us the ability to remain thankful and live and die as muslims. Paradise is surrounded by hardships and hell is surrounded by desires and nafs.
                        'If you are grateful, I will surely increase you [in favor]'

Surah Ibrahim (14:7)

Comment

• Originally posted by Fakhri-bin-Ali View Post

Don't see what help this post of mine will be because there's not much advice... Just to say that I feel what sister is going through. I guess in some ways it's a similar situation for me... And I have already lost one parent. Whatever I do is not going to please the one parent who's remaining unless it's marriage.
                          You end up feeling less and less like you want to spend time with them and be around them because of the obvious sense of unhappiness towards you.

For me it's just a case of having to 'bite the bullet' if I ever want to shake off their dissatisfaction with me. Horrible feeling. To know the two people you need to please the most to have the Ridaa of Allah Ta'aalaa are disappointed in you... It's either that or marrying someone when you don't really want to, or feel you're in the right mental state to, and then live with them knowing you've pretty much deprived them of a husband who actually wants to be with them and you're missing up someone else's life.
                          We don't need to please our parents just to have the mercy of Allah. The parents have rights upon that's true but we don't need to live to please them, we have our own lives and they have theirs and what we want to do with our lives should be up to us not them.

I understand that sometimes parents do maybe tell us to do certain things out of love or concern for us but they need to just try to avoid being forceful in their naseeha.
                          Last edited by hasan2013; 04-11-21, 02:13 PM.

Comment

• Can someone share some helpful tips to save money? I can't be living paycheck to paycheck anymore, some habits are so hard to get rid off

Doesnt help to live in place where everythings so easy to buy

Comment

• And ex

Comment

• Originally posted by nudgetheputri1 View Post
                                Can someone share some helpful tips to save money? I can't be living paycheck to paycheck anymore, some habits are so hard to get rid off

Doesnt help to live in place where everythings so easy to buy
                                Remember that you’ll be questioned about your spending habits on Judgement Day.

Before purchasing anything, walk around the store with it and keep asking yourself if you really need it.

Force yourself not to purchase anything for two months, except for what is necessary, such as food.

Remember that if you have to ask if you should buy something, you probably don’t need it.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X