Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Random thread V3

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Abisali View Post

    I’m definitely too far, though I appreciate the offer! The food here has been “better” than what I was dreading it to be, so at least there is that. They offer grilled salmon as a topping for one of the salads. Whitefish is one of the staple options I can pick from everyday, but most everything I can have is just vegetarian soup or carb after carb.

    Breakfast is the best since I can have eggs, toast, yoghurt and fruit and hash browns. They noticed I haven’t been ordering any of the meat or chicken and came to discuss it with me and, even though they weren’t too happy, we’ve come to an agreement that I’ll drink their protein shakes to improve my health. I wish I had a good halal take out here in my city. The only two places I think that are worth going to are 25 minutes away and too expensive to make a daily thing. All I want are some kababs and rice with the little tahini sauces.
    Maybe ask the nearest halal place for takeout every week or fortnight? I don't use delivery apps so I order things the old fashioned way with a phone call to the restaurant.

    At least fish is still a good option. Normally you'd expect medical staff to be PLEASED if you just eat vegetarian and fish meals as it's so common for them to complain that most people eat too much red meat. Your breakfast sounds really nice.

    When my mum was pregnant with me, the nurses noticed she wouldn't eat much in the hospital so a couple of ladies felt sorry for her and gave her double dessert portions. I don't know if my dad sent food parcels that time round but during her first pregnancy (in Pakistan), her cousin (who lived in the same city) would send food baskets to her.
    The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

    Comment


    • Learn to let go of everything you fear to lose
      'If you are grateful, I will surely increase you [in favor]'

      Surah Ibrahim (14:7)

      Comment


      • Originally posted by neelu View Post

        Maybe ask the nearest halal place for takeout every week or fortnight? I don't use delivery apps so I order things the old fashioned way with a phone call to the restaurant.

        At least fish is still a good option. Normally you'd expect medical staff to be PLEASED if you just eat vegetarian and fish meals as it's so common for them to complain that most people eat too much red meat. Your breakfast sounds really nice.

        When my mum was pregnant with me, the nurses noticed she wouldn't eat much in the hospital so a couple of ladies felt sorry for her and gave her double dessert portions. I don't know if my dad sent food parcels that time round but during her first pregnancy (in Pakistan), her cousin (who lived in the same city) would send food baskets to her.
        I refuse to waste money on delivery apps, they’re a rip off! I can get someone to go pick up something for me if I really get desperate but I’m not there yet. As long as I have fish and veggies, I have no reason to complain. Plenty of people have much less than what I have access to. I was just dreaming of haleem after googling what it was, it just seems like something that would make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

        I’ll research it more when I’m out of the hospital and see about making it myself from scratch. If you have any other recipes that are healthy and wholesome, please share. Just as long as I can remove the hot spice (my tongue is too sensitive with spicy food).

        Comment


        • Advice vs Command

          If you really meant something to be an advice, you shouldn't feel offended if the one to whom you gave the advice doesn't follow it.

          If you do feel offended, then you didn't mean it as an advice, but rather a command.

          Comment


          • What if I dont want to work anymore?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by nudgetheputri1 View Post
              What if I dont want to work anymore?
              Find someone to take care of you.

              I wish I didn’t have to work. I wish I was rich so I wouldn’t have to worry about bills/debt and be able to spend my time helping Muslims. Even just going to their homes and giving them food. But alas, I’m not smart enough to come up with that kind of funding.

              Heck, after being stuck here in the hospital, I wish I had the mental acuity and memory to be a nurse. I never thought about how important they are until one was assigned to me. I just don’t have the memory to ever pass the courses and would probably give people the wrong meds all the time.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by nudgetheputri1 View Post
                What if I dont want to work anymore?
                Literally growing up is a scam! Working sucks.

                these days my coping strategy is just thinking about what I am going to do on the weekend.

                Comment


                • I finally decided to learn Turkish. When I finally move there i don’t want to be swindled because I don’t understand what people are saying.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by nudgetheputri1 View Post
                    What if I dont want to work anymore?
                    You will have to rely on others and expect to get treated like dirt
                    unless you end up with a wonderful man that values you

                    Good luck man good luck

                    Let me know if you find any because I really need someone to pay the bills and will happily make curry for him


                    ​​​​​​

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Abisali View Post

                      Find someone to take care of you.

                      I wish I didn’t have to work. I wish I was rich so I wouldn’t have to worry about bills/debt and be able to spend my time helping Muslims. Even just going to their homes and giving them food. But alas, I’m not smart enough to come up with that kind of funding.

                      Heck, after being stuck here in the hospital, I wish I had the mental acuity and memory to be a nurse. I never thought about how important they are until one was assigned to me. I just don’t have the memory to ever pass the courses and would probably give people the wrong meds all the time.
                      Your unwell and it's out of your control so don't stress about the things that you could have been
                      if you have good intentions then Allah knows that and he will reward you for thinking of all the things you could have done of you had the means

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by aelmo View Post
                        I finally decided to learn Turkish. When I finally move there i don’t want to be swindled because I don’t understand what people are saying.
                        Good on ya

                        I get impatient when I have to speak to someone that wants their cake and eat it too but can't speak basic English
                        So if I was to move abroad to the UAE (I wish ) I'd have to force myself to learn Arabic but I just haven't got the drive right now

                        ​​​​​​

                        Comment


                        • I had a very time amount of nail polish left on my nails and I realised after ghusl and praying
                          will that invalidate my prayer

                          I took it off when I noticed it

                          Does anyone know





                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

                            Your unwell and it's out of your control so don't stress about the things that you could have been
                            if you have good intentions then Allah knows that and he will reward you for thinking of all the things you could have done of you had the means
                            Thank you for the reminder. Dwelling on the past is a big issue of mine that I’ve been working on abandoning. One thing that helps is that I remind myself that everything has played out to Allahs plan and has resulted in what is best for me even if I may not perceive it.

                            Maybe if I had the means in the past, I wouldn’t have the Iman that I have now? Maybe if I took a different route in life, I’d be dead in a ditch like an animal, destined to rot in Jahannam?

                            I mentioned this to someone else, who reminded me to always thing “Alhamdulillaah” (Allah bless them for the beautiful reminder), and all I can do is take baby steps. I may not be as smart or quick witted as I want, but I don’t need to be. I’ll just do my best to keep my eyes forward and my hand grasped around the tassels of Islam. Inshallah, with the help of my brothers and sisters of the Ummah (including you), giving me reminders and encouragement, I’ll arrive where I need to be.


                            Sorry for the essay, I just woke up and am feeling chatty.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

                              Good on ya

                              I get impatient when I have to speak to someone that wants their cake and eat it too but can't speak basic English
                              So if I was to move abroad to the UAE (I wish ) I'd have to force myself to learn Arabic but I just haven't got the drive right now

                              ​​​​​​
                              you don’t need to know any Arabic to live here. It’s only useful if you want to know if people are talking about you behind your back 😂

                              everyone here speaks English so hurry up and come already.

                              Comment


                              • The weather is so nice today. We are entering the good months now alhamdullilah 😊

                                Comment

                                Collapse

                                Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                                Working...
                                X