• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loyalty to the forum or bounce?

Comment

• Originally posted by Faith reloaded 2 View Post
      i need to make some life changes

i need to stop lazing about all day and going on my phone for hours a day

Switching from discord, to UF, to youtube. A perpetual cycle of consumption and wasting time

But i am too lazy to make a change
      Do you mostly work from home son?

Comment

• Yes working full time from home

Comment

• India vs Pakistan

Comment

• Originally posted by Faith reloaded 2 View Post
            Yes working full time from home
            oh nice son, never have to go to the office even once?

Comment

• I watched this funny video about people that are always late and I'm all of them

​​​​​​I wish one day I am on time, everyone will get up and clap for me
              'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

• Originally posted by RuthlessSoftie View Post

oh nice son, never have to go to the office even once?
                Not at the moment, no

but they’re working on a hybrid model of working that will be implemented sometime in the future, maybe in a post pandemic world

so we gonna have to work 50% in the office and 50% remote

no idea how they’re gonna police or enforce that

Comment

• Originally posted by Mufti Cheesecake View Post

Maybe.

Growing up I had Pakistanis always ask me about the Bengali fish stereotype, that we eat a lot of fish, I always thought its just because Pakistanis rarely eat fish since Pakistan doesn't have as much bodies of water for fishing, so thats what I'd tell them, like at home our family would eat a really balanced diet of different meats, chicken, beef, different types of fish, prawn, lamb, goat, turkey, etc., but like recently, and after seeing these fish wedding ceremonies, I'm wondering if the rumours are true how obsessed with fish Bengalis are.
                  Actually Pakistan has significant bodies of water with fish so that can't be the issue. I recently found out that fish and seafood are a significant part of the food culture in Sindh, because it's by the sea, but most Pakistanis in the West are not Sindhi, so it's more likely you'd encounter Kashmiris or Punjabis. Punjab literally means five rivers so there's plenty of river fish over there but my mum's family were only familiar with occasionally eating Khagge (which looks like a pilchard sized oily fish that's meant to be good for health) and Rau (which tends to be deep fried) but my family only ate fish occasionally. Dishes tend to be quite regional so they're not really familiar with Pakistani fish dishes other than those.

I found out from a Pakistani food channel that there is a LOT more variety of fish and seafood over there, much of which my parents have never even heard of. Fish such as abrooz, malli, palo and others. So the supply of fish is there in Pakistan, but I think the food culture for it is only in certain regions and the majority of British/American Pakistanis are not originally from those regions so fish is a rarity in our households. On the other hand, fish seems to be a bigger part of the Bengali diet, which is probably a good thing health wise. One Pakistani brother on UF said he went on a tabligh trip with a group to Pakistan and days later, one Bengali brother from their group was found hiding in a corner crying because he hadn't eaten fish for several days- lol.
                  The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

• Odan
                    Per aspera ad astra.

Comment

• Originally posted by notEVOLVED View Post
                      India vs Pakistan
                      Pakistan won by 10 wickets.

Comment

• Originally posted by neelu View Post

Actually Pakistan has significant bodies of water with fish so that can't be the issue. I recently found out that fish and seafood are a significant part of the food culture in Sindh, because it's by the sea, but most Pakistanis in the West are not Sindhi, so it's more likely you'd encounter Kashmiris or Punjabis. Punjab literally means five rivers so there's plenty of river fish over there but my mum's family were only familiar with occasionally eating Khagge (which looks like a pilchard sized oily fish that's meant to be good for health) and Rau (which tends to be deep fried) but my family only ate fish occasionally. Dishes tend to be quite regional so they're not really familiar with Pakistani fish dishes other than those.

I found out from a Pakistani food channel that there is a LOT more variety of fish and seafood over there, much of which my parents have never even heard of. Fish such as abrooz, malli, palo and others. So the supply of fish is there in Pakistan, but I think the food culture for it is only in certain regions and the majority of British/American Pakistanis are not originally from those regions so fish is a rarity in our households. On the other hand, fish seems to be a bigger part of the Bengali diet, which is probably a good thing health wise. One Pakistani brother on UF said he went on a tabligh trip with a group to Pakistan and days later, one Bengali brother from their group was found hiding in a corner crying because he hadn't eaten fish for several days- lol.
                        no way
                        You are actually having a laugh

I don't believe that, I need to see the evidence lmso

I'll cry for chicken, cakes and chocolate but a fish, and when does a man even cry for such a thing, I mean of all the things right

Wonder if he is British Bengali or from back home hmmm

​​​​​Just when I thought the fish being dressed up was absurd, sheesh
                        'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

Comment

• Originally posted by Umm Uthmaan View Post
                          Loyalty to the forum or bounce?
                          The legendary refrain that will go down in the annals of ummah forum history..

Comment

• Originally posted by notEVOLVED View Post

Pakistan won by 10 wickets.

Comment

• A good day can turn into a bad one at the end of it, instantly

​​​​​​One of the saddest things is when your own family members will say hurtful things and you just think, I care about this person and they show me so much disrespect and I really don't know why.

Strangers can hurt you but it's ten times worse when it is your own blood, I can somewhat imagine what those that have been disowned or mistreated by family members feel. It is upsetting and it makes one remember we are alone.

Comment

• ^he who has no one has Allah (swt)

HasbunAllah wa nimal wakeel
                                The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X