Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Random thread V3

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by aa_ View Post
    Don’t think I want to live life sober given my life situation right now. I’m done being right in the head and feeling pain and sadness. And prayer is not a drug, it’s a 2-5 minute exercise. I’ll admit alcohol is destructive and forbidden, but if done in moderation, can mitigate some of its destruction. Same with marijuana. If these Western Muslims can turn up every now and then, mingle, break the rules, keep up some of the other religious obligations, and still be happier and more successful than me, then I might follow suit.

    I might sober up indefinitely when my career prospects improve and am closing in for marriage. Until then, it’s just pain. I want to be numb while searching for solutions for my problems, not sober, with no outlet, and perpetually in anger. Maybe it’s an admission of potentially sinning that I’m doing, maybe it’s not. All I know is that this religion is much easier when you’re settled and have no time for foolery. I’m not at that stage yet.
    Hope you're well

    Comment


    • Originally posted by aa_ View Post
      Don’t think I want to live life sober given my life situation right now. I’m done being right in the head and feeling pain and sadness. And prayer is not a drug, it’s a 2-5 minute exercise. I’ll admit alcohol is destructive and forbidden, but if done in moderation, can mitigate some of its destruction. Same with marijuana. If these Western Muslims can turn up every now and then, mingle, break the rules, keep up some of the other religious obligations, and still be happier and more successful than me, then I might follow suit.

      I might sober up indefinitely when my career prospects improve and am closing in for marriage. Until then, it’s just pain. I want to be numb while searching for solutions for my problems, not sober, with no outlet, and perpetually in anger. Maybe it’s an admission of potentially sinning that I’m doing, maybe it’s not. All I know is that this religion is much easier when you’re settled and have no time for foolery. I’m not at that stage yet.




      [Iblees] said, "My Lord, because You have put me in error, I will surely make [disobedience] attractive to them on earth, and I will mislead them all

      Except, among them, Your chosen servants."
      [al-Hijr:39-40]


      Shaytan adorns sin and disobedience to the people and tempts them with excuses and justifications. Having a justification doesn't necessarily mean it is valid.

      You could trust what it seems to be the case regarding the sins you mentioned and how Shaytan has adorned the life of people commiting it to you. Or you could trust the All-Knowing, All-Wise Creator who has the perfect knowledge and knows what is best for you more than you do yourself.

      We don't take Muslims around us as a yardstick for our piety. We take the Prophet and the Companions and the righteous predecessors as the yardstick for our piety.

      Comment


      • Why is there a report post option in lounge but not in comp religion?

        @abu' Abdullah starjade is starting to get very disrespectful with the prophet sallaho alayhi wa Salam

        I know he is delusional but perhaps his medication can be assisted with a red line through his name
        Each person has inside a basic decency and goodness. If he listens to it and acts on it, he is giving a great deal of what it is the world needs most. It is not complicated but it takes courage. It takes courage for a person to listen to his own goodness and act on it.

        Comment


        • If someone can tag AA correctly please
          Each person has inside a basic decency and goodness. If he listens to it and acts on it, he is giving a great deal of what it is the world needs most. It is not complicated but it takes courage. It takes courage for a person to listen to his own goodness and act on it.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
            Why is there a report post option in lounge but not in comp religion?

            @abu' Abdullah starjade is starting to get very disrespectful with the prophet sallaho alayhi wa Salam

            I know he is delusional but perhaps his medication can be assisted with a red line through his name
            @Abu 'Abdullaah

            Comment


            • Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
              Why is there a report post option in lounge but not in comp religion?

              @abu' Abdullah starjade is starting to get very disrespectful with the prophet sallaho alayhi wa Salam

              I know he is delusional but perhaps his medication can be assisted with a red line through his name
              Abu 'Abdullaah
              Third time's a charm

              Comment


              • Originally posted by notEVOLVED View Post

                Abu 'Abdullaah
                Third time's a charm
                Jazak Allah khair
                Each person has inside a basic decency and goodness. If he listens to it and acts on it, he is giving a great deal of what it is the world needs most. It is not complicated but it takes courage. It takes courage for a person to listen to his own goodness and act on it.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by aa_ View Post
                  Don’t think I want to live life sober given my life situation right now. I’m done being right in the head and feeling pain and sadness. And prayer is not a drug, it’s a 2-5 minute exercise. I’ll admit alcohol is destructive and forbidden, but if done in moderation, can mitigate some of its destruction. Same with marijuana. If these Western Muslims can turn up every now and then, mingle, break the rules, keep up some of the other religious obligations, and still be happier and more successful than me, then I might follow suit.

                  I might sober up indefinitely when my career prospects improve and am closing in for marriage. Until then, it’s just pain. I want to be numb while searching for solutions for my problems, not sober, with no outlet, and perpetually in anger. Maybe it’s an admission of potentially sinning that I’m doing, maybe it’s not. All I know is that this religion is much easier when you’re settled and have no time for foolery. I’m not at that stage yet.
                  Drugs and alcohol will never take away your pain and sadness in shaa ALLAH. But in shaa ALLAH if you make duaa to ALLAH AL-KAREEM sincerely ALLAH AL-AZEEM will take away all of your pain and sadness and ALLAH AL-AZEEM can do anything because ALLAH AL-AZEEM in control of everything and created everything. I lost my beloved father(,May ALLAH AL-AZEEM send him to the highest level of jannah) in 2012. It was the most crushing blow to me I had ever had in my life because my beloved father was my best human friend in world that I had and i was in a state of shock when my father died for many weeks. What saved me was praying duaa to ALLAH AL-KAREEM.and following Islam always alhamdulillah wa ma shaa ALLAH. Drugs and alcohol will only poison your body and mind and they will never make you happy in shaa ALLAH.and the shaytaan is deceiving you.

                  Assalamu Alaykom Bro
                  ALLAH AL-ATHEEM created everything. Therefore ALLAH AL-ATHEEM created the earth and everything in the earth and created all of the heavens and everything in all of these heavens and created all of the hells and everything in all of these hells and created all of the universes and everything in all of these universes and created everything in between them.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by notEVOLVED View Post





                    [Iblees] said, "My Lord, because You have put me in error, I will surely make [disobedience] attractive to them on earth, and I will mislead them all

                    Except, among them, Your chosen servants."
                    [al-Hijr:39-40]


                    Shaytan adorns sin and disobedience to the people and tempts them with excuses and justifications. Having a justification doesn't necessarily mean it is valid.

                    You could trust what it seems to be the case regarding the sins you mentioned and how Shaytan has adorned the life of people commiting it to you. Or you could trust the All-Knowing, All-Wise Creator who has the perfect knowledge and knows what is best for you more than you do yourself.

                    We don't take Muslims around us as a yardstick for our piety. We take the Prophet and the Companions and the righteous predecessors as the yardstick for our piety.
                    At risk of sounding like a non-believer, I’ve deleted my original writing. To me, all that’s happening is I’m wasting away my youth and missing out on the little fun this life offers before marriage for something that might happen long after I’m dead. They get to have their youthful fun, avoid frustration, and practice the religion properly once settled. Meanwhile, I can’t, and can’t even numb myself while trying to solve my issues. They’re the better off. They wait by partying, drinking, and having a good time. I wait by being angry at what I’m missing, even if it turns out a waste.
                    Last edited by aa_; 31-07-21, 07:56 AM.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by aa_ View Post

                      At risk of sounding like a non-believer, I’ve deleted my original writing. To me, all that’s happening is I’m wasting away my youth and missing out on the little fun this life offers before marriage for something that might happen long after I’m dead. They get to have their youthful fun, avoid frustration, and practice the religion properly once settled. Meanwhile, I can’t, and can’t even numb myself while trying to solve my issues. They’re the better off. They wait by partying, drinking, and having a good time. I wait by being angry at what I’m missing, even if it turns out a waste.
                      Which is better though? A finite enjoyment, or an infinite enjoyment? Is the former worth exchanging the latter for? Also is there anything in life that can be achieved without sacrificing something in return?

                      How long will you live? Have been provided your date of death which is why you're sure there will be time left in the future for you to practice your religion?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by aa_ View Post

                        At risk of sounding like a non-believer, I’ve deleted my original writing. To me, all that’s happening is I’m wasting away my youth and missing out on the little fun this life offers before marriage for something that might happen long after I’m dead.
                        The irony here is that you want to enjoy and have pleasure now because you feel uncertain of the pleasure after death. Yet not using the same standard of judgement, you want to put off being religious until later in your life, even though it is uncertain that you might even live long enough to do that.

                        Originally posted by aa_ View Post
                        They get to have their youthful fun, avoid frustration, and practice the religion properly once settled. Meanwhile, I can’t, and can’t even numb myself while trying to solve my issues. They’re the better off. They wait by partying, drinking, and having a good time.

                        ​​​​​
                        Let them eat and enjoy themselves and be diverted by [false] hope, for they are going to know

                        [al-Hijr:3]


                        Have you read the whole Qur'an yet? I would highly advice you to read the Qur'an completely with translation. The Qur'an addresses these "enjoyments" numerous times, reminding of their futile nature.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
                          RuthlessSoftie

                          Where is the warning sign for the faint hearted

                          I guess you're right, the last episode of Tom and Jerry isn't for the faint hearted.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Kiro View Post

                            Well what do you really lose?
                            Health and time

                            two of the biggest blessings

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by RuthlessSoftie View Post

                              I guess you're right, the last episode of Tom and Jerry isn't for the faint hearted.
                              Is it the guillotine one?

                              Comment


                              • It just feels awkward now...

                                Comment

                                Collapse

                                Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                                Working...
                                X