• I am feel. I am very feel.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eorlingas
      I am feel. I am very feel.
      if you know, you know hahaha 😂

Comment

• questioning things

Comment

• Something I'm not used to seeing that I'm seeing here in the UK is the amount of non practicing Muslims, maybe because Muslims have been here longer and have 3rd,4th,etc. gen of Muslim immigrants here, whereas back in Canada they're mostly 1st/2nd gen. Like we do have Muslim youth being led astray, but its still all underground and taboo, I'm seeing here the haram and faisha is more open, and then in the news here there'll be an Islamophobic attack or something on someone and they casually state it was at a bar or club.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mufti Cheesecake View Post
            Something I'm not used to seeing that I'm seeing here in the UK is the amount of non practicing Muslims, maybe because Muslims have been here longer and have 3rd,4th,etc. gen of Muslim immigrants here, whereas back in Canada they're mostly 1st/2nd gen. Like we do have Muslim youth being led astray, but its still all underground and taboo, I'm seeing here the haram and faisha is more open, and then in the news here there'll be an Islamophobic attack or something on someone and they casually state it was at a bar or club.
            Yes I think you're right in that it makes a difference what generation you're talking about. When I was growing up in the 80s as a second generation British Pakistani, our parents generation were known for their work ethic (many started off here working 15 hours a day in factories), divorce was VERY rare in our community. It was very rare for men of my dad's generation to marry outside the Pakistani community- there would be an occasional one or two who'd marry white girlfriends and that was it, most of the rest had arranged marriages back home.

By the second generation (ie mine and my siblings) at first it was a big scandal that a rare one or two girls married white men, even if those men had converted but now in our social circle, it's become commonplace. What happened at first in the 90s was that there was only a small pool of eligible guys in our extended family and social circle and even among them a few of them married outside the community to girls they'd met at uni or at work so that made it even more difficult to find eligible husbands through the traditional arranged route through family and family friends. Even among families where it was the tradition for girls to get married soon after graduating, there were more and more sisters reaching their thirties unmarried and then one by one a few at a time they started meeting white guys at work, the guy would get a token conversion and they'd get married. Most of them are not practising so the children aren't raised as strictly on Islam as the parents and grandparents were. This is more of a common problem among the educated middle and upper middle class families. I think that it's less of a problem among the less educated working class families from the villages because so many of them lived in the insular ghetto communities where it was expected for them to grow up to marry cousins (either in this country or back home)- though even among them some of them give their sons free reign to spend their evenings clubbing and some of their daughters sneak out to clubs during their college or uni years often without the parents knowing. When I was in college, an English security guard told me that I was one of the rare few girls he knew who wore a headscarf in the college, whereas there were some who'd wear the headscarf as they enter the college when their dads drop them off and then take it off once their dad has left. They are the parents of todays teenagers. It's not all bad though as there is a section of the community who is practising (you're more likely to find them on forums like this one), also some of these clubbing types do tawba especially when they have their own kids and realise what's more important in life, so Islamic schools and home schooling has become increasingly popular in recent years.

Also a lot of people were just told what to do by their parents, that girls cover out of respect or tradition, but so many are not instilled with Islam in the proper sense of understanding tawheed etc, then they grow up going to school and watching TV where they learn about feminist ideas through soaps/dramas/chat shows and they're raised with two conflicting sets of ideas: the parents traditional attitudes which they see as outdated or hypocritical (cos their brothers have more freedom to do haram than them) and the "freedom" of the western values that teaches that the liberated woman is the uncovered woman- actually even in Muslim countries such as Pakistan the dramas, media and westernised schools are teaching that as well. So many of the sons were already veering out of control due to parents not giving them proper boundaries because they were boys and over time, their sisters ended up messing around behind their families back- brothers will always blame feminism for that but actually the blame is twofold: both feminism are to blame and the double standards of our own community contributed to these problems and on top of that children weren't properly taught about Islam in order to protect them from all this.
            The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

• Maybe it's not for me after all

Comment

• Maybe it is not meant to be

Comment

• Some people have been tested so hard in this life (not talking about myself but some ppl close to me), SubhanAllah only Allah knows all they've been through. I'm so glad there is an akhirah where they bi'dhnillah will be recompensed for all of it..ya Rabb give them the highest rank in jannah - ameen.

Comment

• Assalaamu ‘alaykum wa rahmatullah.

Comment

• Originally posted by Indefinable View Post
                      Assalaamu ‘alaykum wa rahmatullah.
                      wa alaykum al salam wa rahmatullah.
                      https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/lo...-qur-an-courseI am just a simple nomad.

Ephemeral reader

Comment

• Originally posted by Kiro View Post

wa alaykum al salam wa rahmatullah.
                        I need to start posting beneficial threads on here, but just can’t seem to find the time.

I hope you are well brother In Sha Allaah.

Comment

• I have a bad habit of listening to music sometimes whilst driving to and from work. Had a strange experience today though. Alhamdulillah I couldn't stand the music and switched over to Qur'an. I do listen to Qur'an too but the hated to music today was strong

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

There is a clock on your forehead counting down to the time of your death. Only Allah knows how many seconds are left on it

Comment

• Allah save us all from tests and trials in this life.We as human beings are weak and we should never ask Allah SWT for tests and tribulations, we should always ask for Aafiyah, safety and ease.

May Allah SWT remove all our tests and tribulations and give us jannah without testing us. Aameen.
                            'If you are grateful, I will surely increase you [in favor]'

Surah Ibrahim (14:7)

Comment

• Originally posted by cuezed View Post
                              I have a bad habit of listening to music sometimes whilst driving to and from work. Had a strange experience today though. Alhamdulillah I couldn't stand the music and switched over to Qur'an. I do listen to Qur'an too but the hated to music today was strong

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
                              Growing up in my house we had music on all the time and I was really into listening to it through my teens and twenties as well. It's only after I became ill and got into ruqya that the raqis insisted I stop and so I had to wean myself out of the habit which was hard at first as I was so into it, but over time I got used to not listening to it. Now I rarely listen to it but don't have the same emotional attachment to it that I used to have. For a few years I've been listening to a talk radio station on tv but in recent weeks it stopped broadcasting and I was quite frustrated cos the other talk stations such as LBC are piles of turd so I put on a music channel but got bored of it quite quickly whereas in the past when I was into my music, I don't think I would've been bored of it as I used to listen to it for hours. That's what I mean, even though I still really like certain tracks but just not got the same attachment to it.

Hopefully inshaAllah maybe you're finding you're not as attached to it.
                              The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

• Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X