• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unlike them I don’t like this family system
    it is for them
    not for me

So let me breath

Comment

• Tomorrow marks the astronomical start of Autumn.

Happy Autumn, folks. Life is passing us all by, just like how the seasons are passing us all by.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Maybe I’m not justified and have an ego

Comment

• But the way everything’s set up is not in my best interest I just have to pretend it is
              so I’m not really that arrogant

Comment

• Originally posted by neelu View Post
                I think you did the right thing to report the slackers in your workplace. They're supposed to be working and helping you adjust as a new person. Are they just lazy or is it a prejudice thing? Part of me is also wondering whether someone could be skimming/stealing from the till and trying to pin the blame on you?

A few decades ago, my dad started a new job at a business park. He's well educated and fluent in English so his qualifications and experience weren't an issue but he had a racist supervisor. He said what the supervisor would do with new white colleagues is, he'd talk to them, welcome them to the company, give them a tour of the premises on the first day, show then where everything is kept, show them where the work is carried out, watch over them to assist them as they start their work and say that they can approach him if they have any questions or need anything. When dad or other non white colleagues started working there, the same supervisor would abruptly point to their desk, tell them to get to work over there without explaining anything, without showing them round or introducing them to anyone, then he'd snap at them when they'd struggle with any work related tasks. He never had to say that he was racist but it was obvious.

My dad left after a couple of weeks and moved to another company, which ironically ended up buying his old workplace, so dad had to go back there some months later but thankfully by that time a lot of the old staff were fired and new people were hired, so he didn't have to put up with the same faces that bothered him in the past.

My chief cashier knows the ethics around these colleagues of mine, she has worked with them longer. If it was safer to work with them without supervision, she couldn't have warned me through another female colleague.

I'm suprised because these are older ladies, and have some seniority but I feel with me being literate, I get the upper hand against them in a way and they know.

I'm afraid there is a chance they could take money off till and put the blame on the new worker, I was told past part-timers have made reports on this matter on these ladies' behavior (where newcomers bear the brunt if things go wrong but cashiers dont stand by them).

I used to think it is the busy work culture or Asian culture that stops people from introducing themselves formally, but it felt weird. We're like cogs in a wheel.

It could be a prejudice thing, but I would say more of a work ethic/ intergrity type of issue. I notice a lot of gossip happens around here too. Supervisors always seem stressed or lacking sleep, and seem to need a vent. They even vent to customers sometimes.

Comment

• Seems like a system is set in place and all the cashier colleagues this morning followed some rules by chief cashier or something

There must have been am announcement of some sort because
                  It's much better now, I feel more supported
                  One lady cashier on duty stood behind me, and took turns with another colleague, and one offered to do main cashiering after I did cashierng for just an hour telling me "i'll take over for now, you look tired"

when shes done with her shift the other cashier lady came and took over without hesitation, leaving me to do self-checkout which is easy. When she had to fix something or went for lunch, i took over cashier but now the diff is a main cashier is always close by, which is great

the chief cashier indirectly hinted at me also try to be accomodating to seniors and regular customers,even if they're wrong and avoid looking too serious, or else it means I dont belong in service sector (??)

Ok for now

Comment

• I was given lots of spare gloves as well

Comment

• Oh Allah please do what is best for all of us and give us the ability to be happy for all that you decree for us. Aameen.
                      'If you are grateful, I will surely increase you [in favor]'

Surah Ibrahim (14:7)

Comment

• It's much much better for now, i hope it stays that way

Comment

• I say ‘energetically affect’ but what I really mean is they gossip about you and don’t want people to see you in a good light. They want to diminish your sense of self.
                          That’s what I’m dealing with and was born into
                          i am someone who likes to live and let live
                          but they don’t let me
                          they have the older generation backing them too
                          this is why I don’t want to associate with them as much
                          becuase that’s how they feel about me but they can because they have eachother

Comment

• I just know someone’s gossiping about me and I can feel my surrounding limiting me
                            its very real

Comment

• They learnt that I evolved and then they stepped up
                              I think this change is permanent
                              so I ignore and suffer
                              or I make sure they never feel peace by doing something similar- not testing them like they are all that

Comment

• guys..

I feel like I often ask you guys to make dua for a family member, but alhamdulillah tests keep on coming our way and as long as Allah is pleased with us we will accept everything from Him. My brother is really sick at the moment. He hasn't been eating or drinking much so he has lost a lot of weight. I don't want to write a lot here, but he is really not well.

If you could remember him in your duas that is all I'm asking. Maybe there is a member here who will have his/her dua answered.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X