Random thread V3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nudgetheputri1 View Post
    The chief cashier wont be coming to the store for a while as she had to serve quarantine, leaving two other supervisors from other department to cover for her in the store. I think shes going to tell the other supervisor (the muslim guy) to make it fair and easy for me as I have reported her abt the behaviors and I have made suggestions asap

This guy supervisor has asked me to count money properly as cashier cuz we've had some "deficit" for a like ard $30 recently, but tbh the main cashiers havent been watching over me, and do their own thing, and expect me to stand on my own as cashier. yet blame me for things Im suppose to know when recently the supervisor noticed the money dont tally! The hell is that suppose to mean?

Im getting better overtime which makes it easy for me, but they'll be taking advantage and use this for free time to do something else. Im hoping he'll look out for me, cuz I notice the third supervisor in store seems pathetic too, he seems so nonchalant and waits on me to shoot him qns abt how to do stuff, but Allahualam maybe he's tired and stressed. One time I notice him and these cashiers avoid cashiering and assisting customers altogether, lol .they did forwarding and "stock taking" in the middle of a long queue and during peak hour. Stupid excuses. Even the customers wonder and ask where are your colleagues, but they treat me extra nice after I answer them my cashier colleagues are here but on holiday slacking off somewhere

I feel more embarrassed for them too when one regular customer asked her at the fruit section, what are you doing here? The queue is long shouldnt you be at the counter.. And all the ppl in queue just stare her down.

I dont get why come to work in a store but you avoid work? I can only assume these workers are just not motivated enough or generally used to having an easy way out in certain situations.
    I dont know all the details

but when it comes to a job, you want to be pleasant and someone who is extremely easy to work with (not saying u arent ygm)

reporting colleagues and telling customers they’re on holiday could possibly make things worse

your place of work sounds a bit toxic and unpleasant

but at the same time, you dont want to be somebody who is taken advantage of, so i can understand why you would want to do what you have done

but i am not going to say whether what you have done is right or wrong because i am not in a position to do so

Comment

• I mean there are some other good colleagues who help me out though, just like.. Two or three of them, four including the muslim guy supervisor. They help with the self-checkout counters behind me and bag the products beside me, or if customers are making specific requests, he attends to them nicely. It's not too bad.

During night time, I had to deal wih older men giving me salams and chatting me up asking if Im new, and i didnt answer the salam. A previous customer of same kind lurked around, answered for him loudly and they laughed loudly, looking at my reaction. I bagged his stuff and shoved the big plastic bag for his big tissue rolls. I usually bag tissue rolls for customers but for this guy i didnt. I felt so annoyed and uncomfortable, throughoug the whole time he was looking.

I told him off the total price with my cold stare, and he paid, bagged the tissues himself and walked away quietly. I've met plenty of older men behave like this before, it is so predictable. Even regular non-muslim guys his age buying beers dont behave like that with me, even when they see me everday, they only ask whats necessary

After peak hours during maghrib time is usually when All the weirdos come in swinging.

Comment

• **not all but some

Comment

• I would not like to work in retail

well i applied to loads of jobs in retail

But i never ever got one lmso

U name it mate. Asda tesco iceland argos next debenhams

I applied to all of em

Rejected from all of em

Comment

• Originally posted by Faith reloaded 2 View Post

I dont know all the details

but when it comes to a job, you want to be pleasant and someone who is extremely easy to work with (not saying u arent ygm)

reporting colleagues and telling customers they’re on holiday could possibly make things worse

your place of work sounds a bit toxic and unpleasant

but at the same time, you dont want to be somebody who is taken advantage of, so i can understand why you would want to do what you have done

but i am not going to say whether what you have done is right or wrong because i am not in a position to do so
            It was just a sarcastic joke, when I made that holiday comment. I know how to be pleasant I just don't point it out here.

I was warned beforehand, before I reported to my cashier chief abt this matter that she warned me about.

Comment

• alright

Comment

• Thats how rants look like.. Not a lot of positives when I say it here, but there's plenty of nice things that take place in the store..

My supervisor the muslim guy opted me out of beer section when I was tasked to do forwarding for drinks sections, and helped me carry the heavy items on trolley even when he didnt have to. I saw ladies carries those cartons onto the trolleys themselves when trucky arrived, but i think he sensed i avoided going to back store several times, so I think thats why he did that. Just gave me trolley of cartons to work on

And he let me off early when one time i started afternoon shift late, which means I would go home late, and he was concerned by ending late night there wont be buses or trains wont be in service. He asked me to make up for it by coming earlier the next day

And he bought us burgers from kfc lol

Comment

• Some customers asked me to network when i introduced myself to him, as I was new (he was ard my age) so at a time im struggling to even get interviews, this was great! Idk whether i would want to venture into my field again though but didnt ask which field he's in (the queue was getting long)

And I met my drawing professor too lol, he looked so tired and burned out, even with his mask on lol 😂 I remembered I did well in his class, and he's the type to make us lay out all our practice drawings side by side, and one of us to choose which ones you like the best, my works were always chosen alhamdulillah.. but in the end, I got a B

I was a bit down David didnt remember me, he was like it's such a small world, and asked what I was doing here, and talked to him abt it. I remembered he said a lot of nice things during our drawing classes, and he's always so approachable and nice to talk to, and he seems like he still is.

Comment

• wow, sounds exactly like a genocide

Comment

• Abu Taymiyyah - Isn’t it so unfair that 24 hours of our days goes by and we cannot even spend 1% of that (which is equal to 14 minutes) or 2 % (28 minutes) reading the speech of Allah?
                      https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

Comment

• I think you did the right thing to report the slackers in your workplace. They're supposed to be working and helping you adjust as a new person. Are they just lazy or is it a prejudice thing? Part of me is also wondering whether someone could be skimming/stealing from the till and trying to pin the blame on you?

A few decades ago, my dad started a new job at a business park. He's well educated and fluent in English so his qualifications and experience weren't an issue but he had a racist supervisor. He said what the supervisor would do with new white colleagues is, he'd talk to them, welcome them to the company, give them a tour of the premises on the first day, show then where everything is kept, show them where the work is carried out, watch over them to assist them as they start their work and say that they can approach him if they have any questions or need anything. When dad or other non white colleagues started working there, the same supervisor would abruptly point to their desk, tell them to get to work over there without explaining anything, without showing them round or introducing them to anyone, then he'd snap at them when they'd struggle with any work related tasks. He never had to say that he was racist but it was obvious.

My dad left after a couple of weeks and moved to another company, which ironically ended up buying his old workplace, so dad had to go back there some months later but thankfully by that time a lot of the old staff were fired and new people were hired, so he didn't have to put up with the same faces that bothered him in the past.

Originally posted by nudgetheputri1 View Post

It was just a sarcastic joke, when I made that holiday comment. I know how to be pleasant I just don't point it out here.

I was warned beforehand, before I reported to my cashier chief abt this matter that she warned me about.
                        The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

• My dad gets everyone in our business, he gives others more respect and regard than us and expects us to do everything he says and we don’t even know most of what he says to everyone else.

Comment

• I’m seen as the one uncooperative one but in reality I’m just in a disorganised environment and don’t have anyone to cover for me like other people have. That’s all.

I can handle this life but others keep interfering. I was brought up differently yet they want to impose their stuff onto me. I listen to them more than they know. This is unfair but what can I do. I would be fine without them interfering.

Comment

• Maybe they know it lolol

Comment

• Everyone has their own paths, and Allah knows.
                                that’s why opportunities are different for everyone.
                                Not everyone has to get the same cookie cutter life

but this would bring me a lot of criticism

people just want dominance over you

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X